DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> The Key to a High score
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 17 of 17, (reverse)
AuthorThread
05/02/2016 12:04:58 PM · #1
Votes: 11
Views: 29
Avg Vote: 5.4545
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0

You have rated 55 of 55 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 5.9455.

Way too many flower shots. I wish people were more creative.
05/02/2016 12:12:12 PM · #2
Votes: 11
Views: 31
Avg Vote: 5.3636
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 05/02/16 12:05 pm

I am going to comment on some, too. Already voted for all. This was a fun one for me!
05/02/2016 12:36:56 PM · #3
Originally posted by GeorgesBogaert:

Votes: 11
Views: 29
Avg Vote: 5.4545
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0

You have rated 55 of 55 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 5.9455.

Way too many flower shots. I wish people were more creative.


I don't mind the flowers, but I wish people were more creative with their definition of high key:)
05/02/2016 06:53:57 PM · #4
High Key III
Votes: 17
Views: 37
Avg Vote: 4.5882
Comments: 0

funny and sad
05/02/2016 06:56:02 PM · #5
Not saying whether or not I have a dog in this fight(I'm trying to catch up on threads), but I truly wish discussions of specific subject matter would be deferred until the challenge ends.
05/02/2016 06:57:32 PM · #6
Originally posted by pmichaud:

Not saying whether or not I have a dog in this fight(I'm trying to catch up on threads), but I truly wish discussions of specific subject matter would be deferred until the challenge ends.


I don't think that happened?
05/02/2016 07:19:43 PM · #7
Originally posted by PennyStreet:

Originally posted by pmichaud:

Not saying whether or not I have a dog in this fight(I'm trying to catch up on threads), but I truly wish discussions of specific subject matter would be deferred until the challenge ends.


I don't think that happened?


I think it was this comment from the first post:

"Way too many flower shots. I wish people were more creative."

I agree with Patsy...and it's not what you photograph, it's how you see it. I don't like the dismissal of certain subject matter just because of what it is, but that's just me.
05/02/2016 07:28:31 PM · #8
Originally posted by RKT:

Originally posted by PennyStreet:

Originally posted by pmichaud:

Not saying whether or not I have a dog in this fight(I'm trying to catch up on threads), but I truly wish discussions of specific subject matter would be deferred until the challenge ends.


I don't think that happened?


I think it was this comment from the first post:

"Way too many flower shots. I wish people were more creative."

I agree with Patsy...and it's not what you photograph, it's how you see it. I don't like the dismissal of certain subject matter just because of what it is, but that's just me.


+1 (You said it better than I did, Rachel)
05/02/2016 08:47:32 PM · #9
Votes: 19
Views: 45
Avg Vote: 5.4211
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 05/02/16 08:44 pm

Have been down to a 5.1xx. Seems to be a love/hate with the viewers.

05/03/2016 04:54:53 AM · #10
Votes: 22
Views: 56
Avg Vote: 5.1818
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 05/03/16 04:54 am
05/03/2016 05:35:18 AM · #11
I don't enjoy high key images, so I probably won't even bother to carefully look.

I won't vote (due to my bias), but good luck you all, anyway! I hope your scores will improve from what I am seeing so far.
05/03/2016 06:35:07 AM · #12
Votes: 22
Views: 46
Avg Vote: 5.4091
Comments: 0
05/03/2016 01:21:45 PM · #13
I'd appreciate knowing what everyone considers "high key". Lots of leeway here it seems. Doesn't it basically mean a white background and subject matter that's just short of being blown out....with detail remaining?
05/03/2016 03:32:57 PM · #14
Originally posted by Luciemac:

I'd appreciate knowing what everyone considers "high key". Lots of leeway here it seems. Doesn't it basically mean a white background and subject matter that's just short of being blown out....with detail remaining?


Why do you think it has to be white?

Edit to add... I probably shouldn't have responded because these discussions should wait until the challenge is over.

Message edited by author 2016-05-03 15:36:16.
05/03/2016 04:36:37 PM · #15
[quote]Why do you think it has to be white?[/quote]

I'm just asking. Does the background have to be white? How much detail is too much or too little? If "high key" isn't defined, submitters are going to be at a disadvantage.
05/03/2016 05:56:06 PM · #16
Originally posted by Luciemac:

I'm just asking. Does the background have to be white? How much detail is too much or too little? If "high key" isn't defined, submitters are going to be at a disadvantage.

This is left to each voters individual interpretation/definition/personal preference.
05/03/2016 07:00:43 PM · #17
Discussing interpretations of challenge topics during the voting phase is not allowed. I'm locking this thread. If you want a scores thread for the challenge, please open one with a less ambiguous title :-)
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/18/2018 08:59:16 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/18/2018 08:59:16 PM EDT.