DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> Top Challenge picks that failed to make the Top 10
Pages:  
Showing posts 251 - 263 of 263, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/10/2017 07:21:00 AM · #251
Originally posted by Cyrilda:

When these challenges occur I'm always amazed at the top entries. I have to admit there were some very impressive entries and one of my top picks that I gave a 10 to was this photo. Wonderful shot!
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204509.jpg21.gif hahn23
...


Thanks, Cyrilda. That is my best selling total eclipse photo, so far. I like that image very much. It didn't do well in the current voting environment.
09/10/2017 12:12:03 PM · #252
Originally posted by hahn23:

Originally posted by Cyrilda:

Wonderful shot!
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204509.jpg21.gif hahn23
...


I like that image very much. It didn't do well in the current voting environment.

Your other one did OK though ... :-)
Congratulations -- it looks like all your preparation really paid off with some great pictures!
09/10/2017 01:31:26 PM · #253
Originally posted by hahn23:

Originally posted by Cyrilda:

When these challenges occur I'm always amazed at the top entries. I have to admit there were some very impressive entries and one of my top picks that I gave a 10 to was this photo. Wonderful shot!
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204509.jpg21.gif hahn23
...


Thanks, Cyrilda. That is my best selling total eclipse photo, so far. I like that image very much. It didn't do well in the current voting environment.


I voted it lower because I was sick of seeing eclipse photos. I felt putting it in a Free Study RIGHT after an eclipse challenge wasn't the best of ideas. But that's just my take. Probably others had the same. You finished very well though.

Message edited by author 2017-09-10 13:36:28.
09/10/2017 01:47:26 PM · #254
Here are some of my own higher scores that finished a little lower:

August Free Study

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204828.jpg - 21_F.gif ammie - 52nd! This is a lovely, depressing shot that invokes emotion.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204745.jpg - 21.gif GolferDDS - 62nd. The fuzziness of the surrounding landscape might have thrown people off, but it's SO calming to look at.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204599.jpg - 21_N.gif jcho - 68th. My highest score outside of the top 50. I'm actually shocked this didn't place much higher. It's technically wonderful, it's PUPPIES, and it seems to fit most of the usual DPC criteria for at least a 6. Crazy.

09/10/2017 01:49:51 PM · #255
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by hahn23:

Originally posted by Cyrilda:

Wonderful shot!
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204509.jpg21.gif hahn23
...


I like that image very much. It didn't do well in the current voting environment.

Your other one did OK though ... :-)
Congratulations -- it looks like all your preparation really paid off with some great pictures!

Thanks! The total eclipse was a very inspirational experience. I did work hard on research and preparation. I made a major effort to be in the right place at the right time. The event was a highlight of my life. It's very sad my entry in the Free Study was a DNMC to some voters. But, that's the way my image was received. It's okay. I understand their mindset.
09/10/2017 01:50:41 PM · #256
Originally posted by hahn23:

Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by hahn23:

Originally posted by Cyrilda:

Wonderful shot!
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204509.jpg21.gif hahn23
...


I like that image very much. It didn't do well in the current voting environment.

Your other one did OK though ... :-)
Congratulations -- it looks like all your preparation really paid off with some great pictures!

Thanks! The total eclipse was a very inspirational experience. I did work hard on research and preparation. I made a major effort to be in the right place at the right time. The event was a highlight of my life. It's very sad my entry in the Free Study was a DNMC to some voters. But, that's the way my image was received. It's okay. I understand their mindset.


Not DNMC, just image fatigue.
09/10/2017 08:47:25 PM · #257
Thanks Barry! I'm glad someone enjoyed my B&W passion fruit besides just myself. :-D
09/10/2017 09:35:43 PM · #258
This one struck a chord with me

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204858.jpg

21.gif LevT
09/10/2017 11:25:37 PM · #259
Originally posted by Cyrilda:


Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204904.jpg19825.gif markwiley
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204943.jpg21_F.gif Neat


Does anyone else LOVE this merge?
09/11/2017 12:30:19 AM · #260
Originally posted by Lydia:

Originally posted by Cyrilda:


Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204904.jpg19825.gif markwiley
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204943.jpg21_F.gif Neat


Does anyone else LOVE this merge?


Thanks Lydia for pointing that out. It really is awesome! There are no coincidences there is always a bigger picture. :)

09/11/2017 01:52:55 AM · #261
double trouble. thanks for pointing it out.
09/13/2017 12:04:33 AM · #262
Reflections without Mirrors

8's that failed to make top 10

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1205142.jpg
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1204684.jpg
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1205193.jpg
09/13/2017 12:16:25 AM · #263
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1205160.jpg . 21.gif cutout
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/22/2017 04:34:17 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2017 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/22/2017 04:34:17 AM EDT.