DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> lazy or forgetful
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 9 of 9, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/07/2016 06:42:35 AM · #1
I see nearly 50% of entries don't leave a location from where their photo was taken, now I can understand why you might forget sometimes but there are some photographers on here that never seem to enter that field, are you running from someone ;)

I for one love to see where a photo was taken, you never know, we might want to visit one day!
11/07/2016 07:28:03 AM · #2
lazy and paranoid :) i have told people where certain photos came from before, but generally not en masse
11/07/2016 08:05:53 AM · #3
As someone who likes travel and learn new things, I'd like to know the location of a photo.
11/07/2016 08:39:20 AM · #4
Originally posted by NiallOTuama:

lazy and paranoid :) i have told people where certain photos came from before, but generally not en masse


mostly paranoid...

but do feel free to ask me if ever interested hehe
11/07/2016 09:44:40 AM · #5
I thought you were just asking about why I'm only in one challenge currently.

Yup. You have me pegged.

Lazy and forgetful.

As to the other question, I forget it's even there. I submit things late on the last day, when I save as JPEG, it fills in the rest of the info. After years of hitting the submit button, I don't even look at the rest of it anymore. Next entry I will refresh my memory as to the rear of the fields and try to be better!

Now when's the next entry due?? ;)
11/07/2016 12:45:48 PM · #6
You're right, I miss this information sometimes too but on the other hand I'm too lazy to fill in the box myself. When I started at dpc most of my shots were created around my home so I repeated "Eichenau, Germany" so often that I got tired of it.
But actually if someone is really interested there is always the option to ask, isn't it?
11/07/2016 12:46:34 PM · #7
Originally posted by vawendy:

Now when's the next entry due?? ;)

Tomorrow!
11/07/2016 04:06:41 PM · #8
Originally posted by primabarbara:

....But actually if someone is really interested there is always the option to ask, isn't it?


If it was just ONE photo, then yes, sort of.

But have you never looked through a challenge full of landscapes or architecture pics etc where you found MANY photos that interested you? Would you really want to email that many people, and often?

The field is there, and I, too, very much appreciate when it is filled in.

As to the paranoid people..... it's not like you're giving the world your actual address - I think you'd be safe to give away the name of the town/city. Just keep wearing your tin foil hats :-)
11/08/2016 01:10:10 AM · #9
Originally posted by Neat:

I see nearly 50% of entries don't leave a location from where their photo was taken, now I can understand why you might forget sometimes but there are some photographers on here that never seem to enter that field, are you running from someone ;)

I for one love to see where a photo was taken, you never know, we might want to visit one day!


I feel the same and would love to show you my favorite places in Arkansas. There are so many of You I would love to meet.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/26/2017 04:39:52 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2017 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/26/2017 04:39:52 PM EDT.