|I've been procrastinating on writing a particular blog post - 8 years in the life of one of my trees - for months because I was dreading searching through 8 years of photos (mainly stored on external hard drives) to find the right ones. Today I finally decided to get started on the job.
All went well for the first 8 photos. Then, while editing number 9, I switched back to Adobe Bridge, which started behaving really strangely, scrolling madly through all the photos I'd found in my keyword search. When it stopped, Bridge was showing that there were no photos with the keyword I'd clicked on (there were over 300 a minute earlier). I immediately assumed that the photos had disappeared, but on closer inspection it seems that it's only the keywords that are gone. Not just the ones I was searching for, but ALL the keywords I'd used on photos on that hard drive. When I open a new folder, the keywords show up then slowly disappear while the count of photos with no keywords goes up until it includes all the photos in that folder.
I've just spent a couple of hours trying to replace the keywords but I seem to be getting nowhere fast. At this rate, I have no idea when I'll get the blog post completed.
I just wish I knew how/why this happened. And I'm terrified that there are missing photos or other files that I'm not aware of.