DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> I feel dirty or something...maybe a traitor
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 17 of 17, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/02/2017 06:17:15 PM · #1
As some of you know.....I just moved to Pittsburgh, Penn. from Louisiana... This afternoon I just went and bought a case of bud light.....It has the steelers logo on all the cans....I am still a saints fan...LOL.
09/02/2017 06:20:31 PM · #2
Originally posted by cowboy221977:

As some of you know.....I just moved to Pittsburgh, Penn. from Louisiana... This afternoon I just went and bought a case of bud light.....It has the steelers logo on all the cans....I am still a saints fan...LOL.


I think your taste in beer is more the problem!! ;P
09/02/2017 06:22:17 PM · #3
Its cheap...I prefer craft beer
09/02/2017 06:32:44 PM · #4
Adapt or Perish. I moved from San Diego to Cape Cod, and I was a Chargers fan. Was even a sideline shooter at Chargers games for a couple years. I had to hide my loyalty, as Patriots & Chargers are mortal enemies (or were back in the old days anyway, when Chargers were good and Patriots not so good). It was easy to make the switch, though; it turned out to be fun to root for a juggernaut...
09/02/2017 06:38:20 PM · #5
I don't care about football, so it's easy for me.
09/02/2017 06:47:11 PM · #6
Well Bear, fortunately you can assuage any guilt by remembering that the Chargers have exhibited a far greater degree of disloyalty than possible for any one (former) fan ... of course, given that I'm also having a hard time watching the Ravens, Colts, Rams, Cardinals, or either of my (formerly) local teams it's getting harder and harder to support any team.

Personally, I'd be happy if the current host cities would declare the teams essential civic assets and take them over by eminent domain, and then adopt the Packers' model of ownership and let the city and residents own the stock (and the profits).
09/02/2017 06:52:59 PM · #7
Don't forget the Chargers actually STARTED in Los Angeles in the 60's... So I guess technically they have returned home :-) Good riddance!
09/02/2017 07:13:10 PM · #8
I grew up in the Bay Area - a Niners fan "for life" and enjoyed the glory days of Montana, Rice, Craig, Clark, et al. Moved to Seattle in 1990 and lost interest in football for awhile, but Seahawk fans are the most loyal fans and probably the most dedicated fans and it's hard for that not to rub off. So it took about 15 years before I started to enjoy football again and another 5+ years to let go of the Niners and call myself a 12. I don't paint my face or anything, but I do enjoy watching and cheering them on.

It's a little early for you, Adam, to be showing such disloyalty to your Saints. At least get your self one of these...
saints-cozy.png

Then again, as Wendy aptly pointed out, your choice of beer is the real crime.
09/02/2017 07:39:18 PM · #9
My one and only football story, and it concerns the San Diego Chargers.

Way back in the early '60s, my guy and I were at West Point which sometimes
doubled as a small conference center.

Now this was long before the elaborate practicing facilities for visiting teams,
so these folk were practicing at West Point for an upcoming game against a New York team.

The conference broke for dinner; the practice session broke for probably the same reason.

My guy and I got on the elevator heading for the upper stories -
so did most of the San Diego Chargers.

The elevator, not unnaturally, sank to the basement.
Politely, all the Chargers got off, and the elevator resumed its labors.

Presumably it went back for another trip - or two.
09/02/2017 08:46:20 PM · #10
There is a story (possibly apocryphal) that the headquarters of the Otis Elevator Company was located in a one-story building ...
09/02/2017 09:57:01 PM · #11
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by cowboy221977:

As some of you know.....I just moved to Pittsburgh, Penn. from Louisiana... This afternoon I just went and bought a case of bud light.....It has the steelers logo on all the cans....I am still a saints fan...LOL.


I think your taste in beer is more the problem!! ;P


AMEN! LOL
09/02/2017 09:57:49 PM · #12
Originally posted by cowboy221977:

Its cheap...I prefer craft beer


I too have several cases of "shameful beer-flavored imitation rice drink" around my place. LOL
09/02/2017 09:58:42 PM · #13
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

I don't care about football, so it's easy for me.


And, exactly my feelings.... Now beer? THAT is important.
09/02/2017 10:00:13 PM · #14
Originally posted by sfalice:

My one and only football story, and it concerns the San Diego Chargers.

Way back in the early '60s, my guy and I were at West Point which sometimes
doubled as a small conference center.

Now this was long before the elaborate practicing facilities for visiting teams,
so these folk were practicing at West Point for an upcoming game against a New York team.

The conference broke for dinner; the practice session broke for probably the same reason.

My guy and I got on the elevator heading for the upper stories -
so did most of the San Diego Chargers.

The elevator, not unnaturally, sank to the basement.
Politely, all the Chargers got off, and the elevator resumed its labors.

Presumably it went back for another trip - or two.


DYING! That's too funny
09/02/2017 10:58:09 PM · #15
Originally posted by Cory:

Originally posted by cowboy221977:

Its cheap...I prefer craft beer


I too have several cases of "shameful beer-flavored imitation rice drink" around my place. LOL

If it was actually "beer-flavored" it wouldn't be a problem, now would it?
09/03/2017 12:02:29 PM · #16
This overly hopped craft beer phenomenon is the HDR phase of brewing. It's very sad.

Every region has its session swill. In PA, it's Yuengling. Bud heavy is actually not too bad a beer. Bud Light is decent for rinsing out your toilet.
09/03/2017 12:38:44 PM · #17
Originally posted by bohemka:

This overly hopped craft beer phenomenon is the HDR phase of brewing.


This is a brilliant metaphor that I intend to steal and use to get into more trouble than I need with my craft beer loving friends and relatives.

Not to dis on craft beer - there's a lot to like out there and I don't mind hops. Just don't want to feel the need to chew them while enjoying a pint.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/20/2017 08:31:40 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2017 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/20/2017 08:31:40 AM EDT.