DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> DPC member portraits
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 40, (reverse)
AuthorThread
02/16/2018 01:05:19 PM · #1
Interesting choice to do this... I love the idea... I just find it very difficult to get done for a lot of people... For those of you who are wanting a ribbon, this one might be worth an entry!
02/16/2018 01:24:55 PM · #2
well I think I am one of 2 contributing Members in the North Island the other lives in Auckland about a nine hours drive
from me ...

so I will remain anonymus !!!!!!

Message edited by author 2018-02-16 13:25:40.
02/16/2018 01:36:57 PM · #3
I almost wish they would have done this as a month long challenge... Gives time to set up a g2g.
02/16/2018 01:49:57 PM · #4
Any one in Jersey city, New Jersey or downtown, NYC or Princeton, Trenton New Jersey area :)
02/16/2018 02:11:46 PM · #5
Originally posted by kiwinick:

well I think I am one of 2 contributing Members in the North Island the other lives in Auckland about a nine hours drive
from me ...

so I will remain anonymus !!!!!!


Would you consider an all expenses paid trip to see you? I will be down shortly!!
02/16/2018 02:16:00 PM · #6
Paging anyone in the greater Chicago area. With close to 10 million people in the greater metropolitan area, you'd think there'd be more DCP members. Obviously, I am not doing a good job with local recruitment.
02/16/2018 02:24:47 PM · #7
REQUEST - Can we please lengthen the time to a month. This will give us more time to make it happen! Pretty please?

Edited to add, I know 31.gif Cory down in Miami still owes me a drink anyways... ;)

Message edited by author 2018-02-16 14:25:27.
02/16/2018 03:09:10 PM · #8
yes. a month just might give me a chance to unearth some kind of neighbour. 6 months would be better.
02/16/2018 03:21:18 PM · #9
everybody meet at bear music's house
02/16/2018 03:50:49 PM · #10
aha.
02/16/2018 03:56:55 PM · #11
Originally posted by skewsme:

everybody meet at bear music's house

He's not there :-)
02/16/2018 03:58:01 PM · #12
BTW, remember one way to accomplish this is to recruit a new member and shoot him-or-her...
02/16/2018 04:00:07 PM · #13
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

BTW, remember one way to accomplish this is to recruit a new member and shoot him-or-her...


Can you create a profile for your dog? Asking for a friend... >_>
02/16/2018 04:38:08 PM · #14
Originally posted by markwiley:

Paging anyone in the greater Chicago area. With close to 10 million people in the greater metropolitan area, you'd think there'd be more DCP members. Obviously, I am not doing a good job with local recruitment.


Hitchhiking is the way to go you can capture the landscape whilst waiting for a ride !!!
02/16/2018 04:57:28 PM · #15
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

BTW, remember one way to accomplish this is to recruit a new member and shoot him-or-her...

Ulterior motive / Conspiracy exposed.
02/16/2018 05:20:41 PM · #16
As far as I know I'm the person here from my city. For the nearly 10 years I've been a member I've been trying to recruit others, with absolutely no success.
02/16/2018 06:29:08 PM · #17
Originally posted by jomari:

As far as I know I'm the person here from my city. For the nearly 10 years I've been a member I've been trying to recruit others, with absolutely no success.

Think of it as a good excuse to take a road trip and meet Judi halfway :-)
02/16/2018 06:45:31 PM · #18
well, I have recruited users.
02/16/2018 10:41:39 PM · #19
I agree that I wish there was more time to arrange something.
02/19/2018 05:20:06 PM · #20
Anyone else from Orlando? I know I've seen some Orlando shots on here!
02/21/2018 04:04:14 AM · #21
what would be the best way to make small meetups?

is anybody going to be in the summerset/bristol area in the uk over the next couple of weeks?
02/21/2018 10:54:14 AM · #22
Curious as to "Self portraits are not allowed." = DQ, since there is no yellow flag. Since entrants are anonymous, I could see an issue with an SP ribboning and being or not being DQ'd. Seems like the challenge warrants a yellow flag and special DQ rule. Pedantic? Probably, but I've seen drama blow up from much less. :)
02/21/2018 12:38:56 PM · #23
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Curious as to "Self portraits are not allowed." = DQ, since there is no yellow flag. Since entrants are anonymous, I could see an issue with an SP ribboning and being or not being DQ'd. Seems like the challenge warrants a yellow flag and special DQ rule. Pedantic? Probably, but I've seen drama blow up from much less. :)


I actually thought about this too... I wonder how this will play out for those who try to "cheat" the unflagged rule?
02/24/2018 12:46:17 AM · #24
Ok, no one in Chicago. I can Woden the search area. Anyone in Milwaukee?
02/24/2018 01:09:59 PM · #25
I would not mind meeting up with someone, but I do not find many active members in the Colorado Springs area. I better start recruiting.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 07/16/2018 06:33:45 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2018 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/16/2018 06:33:45 PM EDT.