DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Last wins
Pages:   ... [1159]
Showing posts 101 - 125 of 28973, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/25/2010 05:56:12 PM · #101
First one to post after me owes me a life-time DPC membership.
04/25/2010 06:05:02 PM · #102
Yeah? Just try and make me!
04/25/2010 06:37:28 PM · #103
Originally posted by bvy:

Originally posted by bvy:

Don't lock it yet. I still have to prove the converse...


Before I begin, I'm proposing that we advance the terminology and notation a little bit. Instead of referring to u > v as a directed edge of T, I would like to refer to (u, v) as an arc of T.

Any objections?


Since there seems to be sufficient interest...

Suppose T is a tournament that contains no cycles, and chose arcs (u, v) and (v, w) from T. Obviously (w, u) cannot be an arc of T, as that would be a cycle and hence a contradiction. Therefore, (u, w) is an arc of T, and T is transitive.

This completes the proof.
04/25/2010 06:48:21 PM · #104
yeah Whatever.gif
04/25/2010 08:13:08 PM · #105
OK,Mac or PC, which is better.
04/25/2010 08:29:31 PM · #106
Originally posted by jbsmithana:

OK,Mac or PC, which is better.


I have never owned a "Which" so I will have to go with the PC.

Ray
04/25/2010 08:37:26 PM · #107
Originally posted by jbsmithana:

OK,Mac or PC, which is better.


Nikon or Canon of course
04/25/2010 08:44:14 PM · #108
Originally posted by bvy:

Originally posted by bvy:

Originally posted by bvy:

Don't lock it yet. I still have to prove the converse...


Before I begin, I'm proposing that we advance the terminology and notation a little bit. Instead of referring to u > v as a directed edge of T, I would like to refer to (u, v) as an arc of T.

Any objections?


Since there seems to be sufficient interest...

Suppose T is a tournament that contains no cycles, and chose arcs (u, v) and (v, w) from T. Obviously (w, u) cannot be an arc of T, as that would be a cycle and hence a contradiction. Therefore, (u, w) is an arc of T, and T is transitive.

This completes the proof.


Shall we do another?
04/25/2010 09:15:06 PM · #109
and you're not going to win anything now...
04/25/2010 11:22:19 PM · #110
this thread violates the TOU (terms of usefulness). I recommend that it be vacated.
04/25/2010 11:28:24 PM · #111
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

this thread violates the TOU (terms of usefulness). I recommend that it be vacated.


...and then?
04/25/2010 11:29:08 PM · #112
Originally posted by Citadel:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

this thread violates the TOU (terms of usefulness). I recommend that it be vacated.


...and then?

and then we all leave quietly and nobody gets hurt.
04/25/2010 11:34:17 PM · #113
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Originally posted by Citadel:

Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

this thread violates the TOU (terms of usefulness). I recommend that it be vacated.


...and then?

and then we all leave quietly and nobody gets hurt.


...and then?

;)
04/26/2010 03:25:19 AM · #114
fat_lady_sings.gif
04/26/2010 09:56:05 AM · #115
By posting anything after this you agree to all of the following:

a) David Hasselhoff should be the the next President of the Unites States;
b) Langdon should drop the forums from DPC. Pictures only from now on (with exception of the banning thread); and
c) One night with George Michael (doesn't matter if you're a girl or gay guy).
04/26/2010 11:37:58 AM · #116



04/26/2010 11:56:32 AM · #117
04/26/2010 12:13:07 PM · #118
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

fat_lady_sings.gif


Art....what the hell....i love how crazy you are...wish you where my dad! LOOL
04/26/2010 01:36:45 PM · #119
Originally posted by hojop25:

Art....what the hell....i love how crazy you are...wish you where my dad! LOOL

Why? - do you hate your mom? ;-)
04/26/2010 01:47:39 PM · #120
Originally posted by hojop25:


Art....what the hell....i love how crazy you are...wish you where my dad! LOOL


Josh - you need to up your medication ! ;-)

....anyway...time to bury this thread!

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_429737.jpg
04/26/2010 01:49:17 PM · #121
I'm Baaaaack!

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_180851.jpg
04/26/2010 01:57:40 PM · #122
goinskiing FTW!
04/26/2010 01:59:11 PM · #123
break a leg
04/26/2010 02:00:51 PM · #124
Break a woodie... err... woody
04/26/2010 02:09:59 PM · #125
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_379370.jpg
Pages:   ... [1159]
Current Server Time: 07/28/2017 07:02:26 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2017 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/28/2017 07:02:26 AM EDT.