|Ok. For the most part, I think that photos should be self-explanatory. So I'm terrible, and most time, I don't bother reading titles. And if the title has to explain the photo, I'm not that sympathetic. Curious, most times, because titles are art museums, etc., can really put things into perspective. But many times on DPC, they're just trying to explain a real leap of faith.
But here's what I went through with this photo:
1. Great photo. Whether it's the photo or the processing, it's a truly excellent job of isolating the person and really having him stand out. His look is wonderfully enigmatic. It looks curious yet disdainful, or is it just intense? There's a little bit of something negative in it, yet not overtly.
2. Don't see how it fits the challenge at all. Crap. I liked the photo.
3. Read the title. Another one of the square pegs into a round hole.
4. I see the button! The papers in the hand, the look on the face, it's all coming into focus.
4. Hey wait! That's not a square peg at all!
5. Holy crap. Even though the challenge description specifically states men and woman, you can't get much more of a fit for battle and sex and the whole topic.
6. Excellent choice. Wonderful shot. I hope you get more people taking a second look and thinking things through. 8 for the photo. +1 for the fit. +1 for making me stop and think and realize how easy it is to pass something by. First 10 I've given in a long time.