DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

Threads will be shown in descending order for the remainder of this session. To permanently display posts in this order, adjust your preferences.
DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> What's it called?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 32, descending (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/29/2011 11:37:07 PM · #1
Originally posted by clive_patric_nolan:

Often you find with older cameras that the skin has grown over and settled.


What's it called in Welsh?

Oh yes..."Flubber"

;-P
07/29/2011 09:15:08 PM · #2
Originally posted by Luci11e:

Hey y'all ! :-)
I know somewhere on here are discussion about this....but for the life of me I can't think of the proper term and so I can't search the topic. So, what's it called? The click of the shutter release? Your camera only has so many of these and I want to see how far along I am with my camera? I know some of you know!

Thanks!


Actuations? Some people call it a shutter count i think. Usually you can find it out by pressing the switch which, on my camera at least, can be found on the back of the neck, just below the hairline. Often you find with older cameras that the skin has grown over and settled. If thats the case you just need to use your thumbnail to lever up a bit of skin and peel upwards. Mind you don't accidently flick the reset switch though as that can just delete everything.
07/29/2011 06:03:58 PM · #3
Originally posted by posthumous:

Originally posted by hihosilver:

I must be wearing my invisibility cloak today...;-)


there should be a name for this... let's call it "getting hihosilvered"....


Do you think ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Louis would approve an apostrophied version? hihosilver'd

Probably not...that's only reserved for extra special super heros...;-)

Message edited by author 2011-07-29 18:11:22.
07/29/2011 05:58:05 PM · #4
Originally posted by hihosilver:

I must be wearing my invisibility cloak today...;-)


there should be a name for this... let's call it "getting hihosilvered"....
07/29/2011 03:49:08 PM · #5
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Originally posted by hihosilver:

I'm voting on the food challenge now...let's have lunch! ;-)

Eat first, then vote. If Slippy has an entry, you are likely to lose your appetite. Of course, losing your lunch is even worse, so I'd suggest that you just don't plan on eating today.


LOL...well, since all the desserts are gone (looks suspiciously at Slippy), then your suggestion will be the wisest choice...I'll just stick with the coffee....;-)
07/29/2011 03:44:32 PM · #6
Originally posted by hihosilver:

I'm voting on the food challenge now...let's have lunch! ;-)

Eat first, then vote. If Slippy has an entry, you are likely to lose your appetite. Of course, losing your lunch is even worse, so I'd suggest that you just don't plan on eating today.
07/29/2011 03:17:32 PM · #7
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

ok!! I'll go vote too! Have you picked out what you're having yet? Are we splitting it, or do I have to avoid that one and find another?


Let's each pick our favorite, and then share...;-)


I started voting, and I'm only about 10 shots into it.

So far I want bruschetta, and all the shrimp dishes, I think I'm going to have a problem narrowing down to one favorite.

Shall we treat it as a buffet?


Yes, the boys will like the buffet...did you see the desserts?! YUM!


Ummmm... the desserts are all gone...


well, except for the ones with nuts...
07/29/2011 03:17:12 PM · #8
Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

ok!! I'll go vote too! Have you picked out what you're having yet? Are we splitting it, or do I have to avoid that one and find another?


Let's each pick our favorite, and then share...;-)


I started voting, and I'm only about 10 shots into it.

So far I want bruschetta, and all the shrimp dishes, I think I'm going to have a problem narrowing down to one favorite.

Shall we treat it as a buffet?


Yes, the boys will like the buffet...did you see the desserts?! YUM!


Ummmm... the desserts are all gone...
07/29/2011 03:14:08 PM · #9
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

ok!! I'll go vote too! Have you picked out what you're having yet? Are we splitting it, or do I have to avoid that one and find another?


Let's each pick our favorite, and then share...;-)


I started voting, and I'm only about 10 shots into it.

So far I want bruschetta, and all the shrimp dishes, I think I'm going to have a problem narrowing down to one favorite.

Shall we treat it as a buffet?


Yes, the boys will like the buffet...did you see the desserts?! YUM!
07/29/2011 03:12:32 PM · #10
Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

ok!! I'll go vote too! Have you picked out what you're having yet? Are we splitting it, or do I have to avoid that one and find another?


Let's each pick our favorite, and then share...;-)


I started voting, and I'm only about 10 shots into it.

So far I want bruschetta, and all the shrimp dishes, I think I'm going to have a problem narrowing down to one favorite.

Shall we treat it as a buffet?
07/29/2011 03:09:15 PM · #11
Originally posted by vawendy:

ok!! I'll go vote too! Have you picked out what you're having yet? Are we splitting it, or do I have to avoid that one and find another?


Let's each pick our favorite, and then share...;-)

Should we order something for the boys? (you know...to keep them quiet?!)

Message edited by author 2011-07-29 15:12:48.
07/29/2011 03:04:37 PM · #12
Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

(Should we continue to ignore spiffy?)


YES! (and Slippy too)!

P.S.

I'm voting on the food challenge now...let's have lunch! ;-)


ok!! I'll go vote too! Have you picked out what you're having yet? Are we splitting it, or do I have to avoid that one and find another?
07/29/2011 02:48:45 PM · #13
Originally posted by vawendy:

(Should we continue to ignore spiffy?)


YES! (and Slippy too)!

P.S.

I'm voting on the food challenge now...let's have lunch! ;-)

Message edited by author 2011-07-29 14:53:49.
07/29/2011 02:35:34 PM · #14
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Luckily that episode coincided with the onset of my puberty !


destroying all star trek dvds tonight
07/29/2011 02:20:04 PM · #15
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Originally posted by hihosilver:

::promptly ignores Slippy and Spiffy::

I'm used to it at a home. Besides, by posting a response saying you are ignoring me, you are thereby NOT ignoring me. You know, these are the sort of conundrums that make computers blow up on Star Trek.

Ooh, the Hot Babe Computers! Luckily that episode coincided with the onset of my puberty !
07/29/2011 02:06:12 PM · #16
Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

If I could control them, they'd stop drinking from the hummingbird feeder and knocking it over. Then I could be a hummingbird photographer instead!


Hmmmm...well then you'd have to beat Billy (' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' William88) by placing the feeder over a pond filled with jumping frogs and soap bubbles...but I have faith in you...

GO FOR IT, WENDY! ;-)


I have an incredible shot of a great blue heron, piercing a bubble to catch a frog. But it wasn't a hummingbird, so I threw it away.

When the hummingbird tried it, he got a frog in his throat. :(

(Should we continue to ignore spiffy?)
07/29/2011 01:59:23 PM · #17
Originally posted by vawendy:

If I could control them, they'd stop drinking from the hummingbird feeder and knocking it over. Then I could be a hummingbird photographer instead!


Hmmmm...well then you'd have to beat Billy (' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' William88) by placing the feeder over a pond filled with jumping frogs and soap bubbles...but I have faith in you...

GO FOR IT, WENDY! ;-)
07/29/2011 01:59:21 PM · #18
Originally posted by hihosilver:

::promptly ignores Slippy and Spiffy::

I'm used to it at a home. Besides, by posting a response saying you are ignoring me, you are thereby NOT ignoring me. You know, these are the sort of conundrums that make computers blow up on Star Trek.
07/29/2011 01:50:58 PM · #19
Man, where's the like button when you need one. ;-)

Tim
07/29/2011 01:46:43 PM · #20
Originally posted by hihosilver:

Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Originally posted by JamesA:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' atupdate with the much needed information there :)

Helpful users like him make this site great. Props to him.


I wish other people were as helpful as him! When's the last time ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' hihosilver contributed anything? :P


Well, after your squirrels vetoed the exercise and diet program I carefully engineered for them...

I just gave up! ;-P

::promptly ignores Slippy and Spiffy::


If I could control them, they'd stop drinking from the hummingbird feeder and knocking it over. Then I could be a hummingbird photographer instead!
07/29/2011 01:45:08 PM · #21
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Originally posted by JamesA:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' atupdate with the much needed information there :)

Helpful users like him make this site great. Props to him.


I wish other people were as helpful as him! When's the last time ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' hihosilver contributed anything? :P


Well, after your squirrels vetoed the exercise and diet program I carefully engineered for them...

I just gave up! ;-P

::promptly ignores Slippy and Spiffy::
07/29/2011 01:38:20 PM · #22
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Who the heck is ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' hihosilver ?

Isn't she the woman who works for the loan arranger?


groan... Who was that masked spiffman?

Message edited by author 2011-07-29 13:38:46.
07/29/2011 01:30:43 PM · #23
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Who the heck is ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' hihosilver ?

Isn't she the woman who works for the loan arranger?
07/29/2011 01:13:18 PM · #24
Originally posted by vawendy:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Originally posted by JamesA:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' atupdate with the much needed information there :)

Helpful users like him make this site great. Props to him.

I wish other people were as helpful as him! When's the last time ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' hihosilver contributed anything? :P

Who the heck is ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' hihosilver ?
07/29/2011 01:10:42 PM · #25
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

Originally posted by JamesA:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' atupdate with the much needed information there :)

Helpful users like him make this site great. Props to him.


I wish other people were as helpful as him! When's the last time ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' hihosilver contributed anything? :P
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/25/2021 12:33:14 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/25/2021 12:33:14 PM EDT.