DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> DPC addon for Firefox : The release
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 88, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/15/2010 07:28:04 AM · #51
I switched to Chrome as well...

ETA: There is a status bar, but it disappears once a page is done loading or you take your cursor off a link. You could just add a toolbar ;)

Message edited by author 2010-09-15 07:29:08.
09/15/2010 08:04:12 AM · #52
very cool! thanks for the effort
09/15/2010 08:04:25 AM · #53
Originally posted by George:

I switched to Chrome as well...

ETA: There is a status bar, but it disappears once a page is done loading or you take your cursor off a link. You could just add a toolbar ;)

Wait for firefox 4 ;)

Message edited by author 2010-09-18 09:00:49.
09/18/2010 09:01:03 AM · #54
Bump for week end users :D
09/22/2010 04:37:13 PM · #55
Man thats just awesome, I am using it now and can't find any bugs, working like a charm, thank you :)
09/22/2010 04:44:50 PM · #56
Suggestion,
If I am to be a net picky, I'd wish for a pop up alert or voice alert when the score changes.

Let say if I set it to check every 30 sec, minimize FireFox, if the score changes It would be awesome if there is any voice alert to let me know of a new vote.
If I am to wish for more, I'd say one voice for increase in the score, another one to the decrease of the score.

As I said, If I wish :)
But thank you tons for the wonderful addon,
09/22/2010 04:57:55 PM · #57
Julien, this is great, thank you ;)
09/23/2010 03:50:31 PM · #58
I'm happy you appreciate it ;)
Ameed, I think it could be a good idea to set a sound alert, and it don't seem hard to do. "You rocks" when you got a ten. "You suck" when you got a troll ... it could be fun ;)
I won't use such alert (I don't like when my computer is doing some sounds for alert) ... but this addon is not mine anymore, it belongs to you (the thirty daily users).
I was also thinking about doing something for private messages or watched threads... but I don't have much time right now to do such upgrades.
The best idea will win a room in the next version !
09/23/2010 07:05:36 PM · #59
Originally posted by keyz:

I'm happy you appreciate it ;)
Ameed, I think it could be a good idea to set a sound alert, and it don't seem hard to do. "You rocks" when you got a ten. "You suck" when you got a troll ... it could be fun ;)
I won't use such alert (I don't like when my computer is doing some sounds for alert) ... but this addon is not mine anymore, it belongs to you (the thirty daily users).
I was also thinking about doing something for private messages or watched threads... but I don't have much time right now to do such upgrades.
The best idea will win a room in the next version !


Lol Julien, the add on is amazing, I was actually able to let go of the main page and just use it.
We/I can't ask for anything more, thank you for your time and efforts. Pls convey our regards to your boss, and ask him when is he sending you on an IPhone application corse :) we can really use something like that :)
Thanks once again,
09/24/2010 02:05:14 AM · #60
[Teaser]
There might be a surprise soon for iphone/android/symbian users ...
Can't tell more, this is classified documents!
09/24/2010 02:35:35 AM · #61
Very cool keyz. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Unfortunately not in any challenges at the moment so I can't see any voting results. It did however pass my first bug test which would to see if it would crash Firefox or have some other adverse affects if it didn't have any results to pull in. Nice to see it says "No Submissions" instead of some error code etc. Well done. I used to program a little and had a lot of friends who did it for a living etc. I know that it's easy to get the hard things right and overlook the obvious so again...good job. Look forward to watching it during a challenge.

I especially like that it can handle multiple challenges and not just one. Now you have to program it to do cool things with in a scoring range where the user can set up that range in preferences. You could have it alert the user if their entry falls below a self determined level such as 4.0 or 5.0 and change the text to flashing red. You could even incorporate it so sound one of the built in Operating System sounds to get your attention etc. Of course the opposite would be true. Set your range on the high end to 6.0 or 7.0 and have it flash green text in the status bar to let the user know they have gotten over that hurdle. Of course you would have to include the ability to snooze or shut off the alarm so it doesn't constantly flash and sound. Of course the user could update their range settings at that point to let them know if their score sank even lower or started making it's way back up etc. This would actually be pretty cool because there are some users (not me of course...just saying..LOL :P) that are addicted to the update button and this could help with their "illness" LOL....and keep them from hitting it constantly or running back into the room to check. They know there is no need to check because it's not alerting them to either pending doom or the need for a happy dance.

Just some fun ideas....don't mind me. LOL.

Dave
09/24/2010 03:48:34 AM · #62
There are some firefox addons which are using text to speech : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/91405/
Maybe I could use that to vocalise the score evolution. Set the volume to maximum, then all your neighbours will know your score :D
I'd like to do it ... just to put easter eggs inside ;)
09/24/2010 08:01:39 AM · #63
Originally posted by DCNUTTER:

Very cool keyz. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Unfortunately not in any challenges at the moment so I can't see any voting results. It did however pass my first bug test which would to see if it would crash Firefox or have some other adverse affects if it didn't have any results to pull in. Nice to see it says "No Submissions" instead of some error code etc. Well done. I used to program a little and had a lot of friends who did it for a living etc. I know that it's easy to get the hard things right and overlook the obvious so again...good job. Look forward to watching it during a challenge.

I especially like that it can handle multiple challenges and not just one. Now you have to program it to do cool things with in a scoring range where the user can set up that range in preferences. You could have it alert the user if their entry falls below a self determined level such as 4.0 or 5.0 and change the text to flashing red. You could even incorporate it so sound one of the built in Operating System sounds to get your attention etc. Of course the opposite would be true. Set your range on the high end to 6.0 or 7.0 and have it flash green text in the status bar to let the user know they have gotten over that hurdle. Of course you would have to include the ability to snooze or shut off the alarm so it doesn't constantly flash and sound. Of course the user could update their range settings at that point to let them know if their score sank even lower or started making it's way back up etc. This would actually be pretty cool because there are some users (not me of course...just saying..LOL :P) that are addicted to the update button and this could help with their "illness" LOL....and keep them from hitting it constantly or running back into the room to check. They know there is no need to check because it's not alerting them to either pending doom or the need for a happy dance.

Just some fun ideas....don't mind me. LOL.

Dave


ooh!! I like the flashing green when it goes above a certain preset!

I'm really liking this addon. Though I really don't like the red down-arrow. It was a fine choice -- I just don't like seeing it! :P

But anyway, extremely nice little addon. I'm enjoying it immensely. It's so nice to be able to see the score when a family member is on a different site. I don't have to bug them to switch to DPC just to do an update!

I think I said it before, but maybe I just thought it, it would be nice if you could change a setting and have it show the number of votes and score. Then I don't have to click anything or hover over anything to get the info to put into my spreadsheet.

Message edited by author 2010-09-24 08:02:41.
09/24/2010 08:56:04 AM · #64
Originally posted by vawendy:


ooh!! I like the flashing green when it goes above a certain preset!

I'm really liking this addon. Though I really don't like the red down-arrow. It was a fine choice -- I just don't like seeing it! :P

But anyway, extremely nice little addon. I'm enjoying it immensely. It's so nice to be able to see the score when a family member is on a different site. I don't have to bug them to switch to DPC just to do an update!

I think I said it before, but maybe I just thought it, it would be nice if you could change a setting and have it show the number of votes and score. Then I don't have to click anything or hover over anything to get the info to put into my spreadsheet.

It's great that a little firefox addon gives peace in your family around your computer ! This is far beyond my hopes...

About the red down arrow, maybe I can use a blue horizontal one for you ... or a smiley ' . substr('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/mad_pci.gif', strrpos('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/mad_pci.gif', '/') + 1) . ' or a little troll ' . substr('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/troll.gif', strrpos('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/troll.gif', '/') + 1) . '

Flashing green/Flashing brown is a good idea ... and it's easy to do it. This could be fast ... and if the mozilla team validate my plugin it will be automatically updated :D
Same thing for the numbers of votes, I just have to found a bit of time ... maybe this rainy weekend.
But is should be better to replace your spreadsheet. What are you doing with it?

Message edited by author 2010-09-24 08:58:18.
09/24/2010 09:00:06 AM · #65
Originally posted by keyz:

Originally posted by vawendy:


ooh!! I like the flashing green when it goes above a certain preset!

I'm really liking this addon. Though I really don't like the red down-arrow. It was a fine choice -- I just don't like seeing it! :P

But anyway, extremely nice little addon. I'm enjoying it immensely. It's so nice to be able to see the score when a family member is on a different site. I don't have to bug them to switch to DPC just to do an update!

I think I said it before, but maybe I just thought it, it would be nice if you could change a setting and have it show the number of votes and score. Then I don't have to click anything or hover over anything to get the info to put into my spreadsheet.

It's great that a little firefox addon gives peace in your family around your computer ! This is far beyond my hopes...

About the red down arrow, maybe I can use a blue horizontal one for you ... or a little smiley ' . substr('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/mad_pci.gif', strrpos('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/mad_pci.gif', '/') + 1) . ' or a little troll ' . substr('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/troll.gif', strrpos('//static.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/troll.gif', '/') + 1) . '

Flashing green/Flashing brown is a good idea ... and it's easy to do it. This could be fast ... and if the mozilla team validate my plugin it will be automatically updated :D
Same thing for the numbers of votes, I just have to found a bit of time ... maybe this rainy weekend.
But is should be better to replace your spreadsheet. What are you doing with it?


I'm keeping each challenge on a separate worksheet and then graphing them on the same graph -- I'm interested in seeing the trends and which challenges follow which patterns.

hehe, the red arrow is just fine -- I just don't like it when the score goes down. So whatever you use would become the unhappy symbol. Although the troll would be fun... :D

09/24/2010 09:22:45 AM · #66
Originally posted by vawendy:


I'm keeping each challenge on a separate worksheet and then graphing them on the same graph -- I'm interested in seeing the trends and which challenges follow which patterns.

hehe, the red arrow is just fine -- I just don't like it when the score goes down. So whatever you use would become the unhappy symbol. Although the troll would be fun... :D

It's easy to draw graph inside firefox, I might find fun to do such thing. But you won't be able to import your old datas in the plugin.
03/24/2011 11:22:01 AM · #67
Just upgraded to Firefox 4 and discovered that the DPC status bar is not compatible. Any chance of upgrading the status bar? I am going to hold off on upgrading on my PC just so I can keep the status bar alive and well.
03/24/2011 11:24:43 AM · #68
does it also update the ribbon count for you every 30 seconds? :p

Originally posted by timfythetoo:

Just upgraded to Firefox 4 and discovered that the DPC status bar is not compatible. Any chance of upgrading the status bar? I am going to hold off on upgrading on my PC just so I can keep the status bar alive and well.
03/25/2011 05:51:54 PM · #69
Originally posted by timfythetoo:

Just upgraded to Firefox 4 and discovered that the DPC status bar is not compatible. Any chance of upgrading the status bar? I am going to hold off on upgrading on my PC just so I can keep the status bar alive and well.

It should be ok now. Can you tell me if it's working or not ?
03/30/2011 10:38:05 AM · #70
I have this on my home PC and it works or did last night, today I tried to put it on my laptop and it keeps telling me I'm not logged in. When I click login it goes to DPC but still says not logged in.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Windows XP Pro.
03/30/2011 11:52:30 AM · #71
Great add on... I wounder if we can make a desktop gadget?
05/10/2011 02:05:55 PM · #72
The script has stopped working on my laptop - no score bar visible. I downloaded the 1.0.9 bar, and still nothing - any ideas as to why not?
05/10/2011 03:10:07 PM · #73
I just found and downloaded this plugin, but it doesn't want to work with Firefox 4, which I just upgraded to yesterday. :-( So very sad......

edited to add: I am running Firefox on a Mac. Maybe it's not compatible??

Message edited by author 2011-05-10 15:11:39.
05/13/2011 10:20:32 PM · #74
Thanks for your interest on that plugin ... and sorry I was travelling and was not able to look at this.

MattO : it could look as an old issue detailled there and in the following posts.
It could be normal if you are at work ... you can yell at your admin network that he is a lazy geek who should stop playing WoW.

JonoTucker : it could be possible to do it as a desktop gadget, but I won't do it because it will be platform dependant (one program for (each) windows, one for linux, one for mac).

SaraR : It don't know what could have happened on your computer. You should look to Tools>Console and tell me if there is some errors in it.

clmadden : it should work on mac, I'm looking right now to make it work on the latest versions of firefox... I'll leave updates here soon.
05/13/2011 10:24:09 PM · #75
I'm using on Mac without an issue. The problem might just be that with FF4 the Addon Bar (the status bar at the bottom) is hidden by default. Right-click around the awesome bar and search bar at the top and activate the Addon Bar. That might just fix it by making it visible.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/26/2021 11:20:44 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/26/2021 11:20:44 AM EDT.