DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> >>> Attention Librodo voters <<<
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 78, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/16/2011 02:07:51 AM · #26
Originally posted by curtpetguy:

I'd be curious too, as to Manny's top 10. Just don't tell me your bottom 10 lol


Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing.
Would like to see Librodo's top ten at the end.
03/16/2011 02:57:34 AM · #27
Perhaps Manny can post is favorites over on the Posthumous thread...
03/16/2011 03:21:09 AM · #28
My voting done. As the master, I have voted between 6 and 10. Toooooo many good photos here, I handed out some 10s, which they all deserved.
03/16/2011 03:48:17 AM · #29
Originally posted by tanguera:

Perhaps Manny can post is favorites over on the Posthumous thread...


Or perhaps Manny is respected and important enough tohave his own thread where others don't want to wade through the endless amount of images in the Posthumous thread to find his favourites. Many can learn from his choices.
03/16/2011 03:55:20 AM · #30
Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by tanguera:

Perhaps Manny can post is favorites over on the Posthumous thread...


Or perhaps Manny is respected and important enough tohave his own thread where others don't want to wade through the endless amount of images in the Posthumous thread to find his favourites. Many can learn from his choices.


or perhaps we can stop speaking about him in the third person and see what happens afterword....jeez louise...
03/16/2011 04:06:48 AM · #31
Originally posted by librodo:

i will score from 6 to 10.:)


Good to see you around after soooo long !

Visit more often, your missed

03/16/2011 04:08:36 AM · #32
Originally posted by smardaz:

Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by tanguera:

Perhaps Manny can post is favorites over on the Posthumous thread...


Or perhaps Manny is respected and important enough tohave his own thread where others don't want to wade through the endless amount of images in the Posthumous thread to find his favourites. Many can learn from his choices.


or perhaps we can stop speaking about him in the third person and see what happens afterword....jeez louise...


I will do that...
03/16/2011 05:38:32 PM · #33
There are many that are SO good in this challenge! but i only gave out one 10. i'll be interested to see who's it is in the end. I would also love to see librodo's top 10. :)
03/16/2011 06:36:07 PM · #34
If you get a young girl with make up and no skin blemishes to pose for a picture and light up her eyes and drape a veil-like thing around her -
OK, so it's easier said than done, but you're on a 5 or a 6 depending on technicals...if she ends up looking like this you've lost the plot - ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/57229/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_941029.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/57229/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_941029.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
03/16/2011 06:40:31 PM · #35
Originally posted by raish:

If you get a young girl with make up and no skin blemishes to pose for a picture and light up her eyes and drape a veil-like thing around her -
OK, so it's easier said than done, but you're on a 5 or a 6 depending on technicals...if she ends up looking like this you've lost the plot - ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/57229/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_941029.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55000-59999/57229/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_941029.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


And if you don't have a veil?
03/16/2011 06:42:32 PM · #36
We don't talk about the ones without veils...
03/16/2011 06:45:21 PM · #37
Why is there a thread begging us to vote higher in bold?

Are we no longer capable of deciding how to vote without prompting. I know it's a Manny challenge, but I am sure he wouldn't want a manipulate vote just to boost his ego. Threads like this almost make me want to do the opposite and vote lower!

I am going to vote tomorrow evening, after I have considered each entry, although from a flick through, there is very little difference between any of them. So voting will be done on technical merits and with a little luck, a really outstanding shot that screams Blue.

Let's see what happens?
03/16/2011 06:45:31 PM · #38
Originally posted by raish:

We don't talk about the ones without veils...


Why?
03/16/2011 06:50:03 PM · #39
Their indecency obliges us to disown them.
Sorry, Judi, I have a fair bit of trouble taking it all that seriously.
03/16/2011 07:07:12 PM · #40
Originally posted by SteveJ:

Why is there a thread begging us to vote higher in bold?

Are we no longer capable of deciding how to vote without prompting. I know it's a Manny challenge, but I am sure he wouldn't want a manipulate vote just to boost his ego. Threads like this almost make me want to do the opposite and vote lower!

I am going to vote tomorrow evening, after I have considered each entry, although from a flick through, there is very little difference between any of them. So voting will be done on technical merits and with a little luck, a really outstanding shot that screams Blue.

Let's see what happens?


Yeh, I could not understand why either, seems we dont know how to vote after being here 8 years !

03/16/2011 10:00:09 PM · #41
I've read this thread carefully and have come to a decision: I will be voting in bold. So, for example, if I would normally give a certain image a 7, I will instead give it a 7.

I hope this works for everyone. Good night.
03/16/2011 10:23:02 PM · #42
Dammit.. someone just gave me a bold 1! Who was that?
03/16/2011 10:31:21 PM · #43
Originally posted by nshapiro:

[ Not talking about falsely praising images, I'm just saying that an "Average" photo should really be a 5.5.


...can't say that I agree with that premise. If indeed average was 5.5 then we would have the ability to score just that. Similarly, if average meant exactly just what you suggest, then there would not exist three catergories in the term average.

As someone else mentioned earlier, "I vote them as I see them" and tend to vote on the merit of each image in relation to the other images in the challenge.

... but that's just me.

Ray
03/16/2011 11:00:15 PM · #44
Can I vote in italics? Even better, if I could vote in Comic Sans, that would be truly awesome.
03/16/2011 11:12:17 PM · #45
Wow , peter your model has nice skin
03/16/2011 11:41:49 PM · #46
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

My voting done. As the master, I have voted between 6 and 10. Toooooo many good photos here, I handed out some 10s, which they all deserved.


...from your point of view.

I just did a quick look and have not voted yet, but I don't think I saw anything remotely close to a ten.

Tomorrow will tell.

Ray
03/16/2011 11:42:54 PM · #47
Originally posted by RayEthier:

... I don't think I saw anything remotely close to a ten....


You are kidding right?
03/16/2011 11:44:40 PM · #48
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Originally posted by RayEthier:

... I don't think I saw anything remotely close to a ten....


You are kidding right?


I very much doubt it, that wouldn't be like Ray.

R.
03/16/2011 11:52:32 PM · #49
Originally posted by FocusPoint:

Originally posted by RayEthier:

... I don't think I saw anything remotely close to a ten....


You are kidding right?


Not that it matters but I gave one 10. When many images are grossly similar it's easier for a few to stand out.
03/17/2011 12:19:46 AM · #50
I think the voters are doing OK,

Votes: 103
Views: 191
Avg Vote: 5.3301
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

Where as ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Librodo himself gave me a 6... so kind of OK, I think
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/01/2021 05:49:27 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/01/2021 05:49:27 AM EDT.