DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Hope those HIGH KEY scores go UP! UP! UP!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 31, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/29/2011 12:15:03 AM · #1
you know the drill
06/29/2011 12:17:03 AM · #2
Votes: 1
Views: 3
Avg Vote: 5.0000
06/29/2011 12:18:33 AM · #3
Had one view and 1 nice comment (but no vote) for a while. Then view #2 and 1st vote. Obviously did not agree with 1st viewer.

Votes: 1
Views: 2
Avg Vote: 5.0000
Comments: 1

Message edited by author 2011-06-29 00:19:19.
06/29/2011 12:20:14 AM · #4
Ahh, the start of another long week of ups and downs...Only this time I have a good feeling that I will end on an up!
Votes: 4
Views: 6
Avg Vote: 7.2500

Yay :-)
06/29/2011 12:23:05 AM · #5
5.5... 1 8 and 1 4
06/29/2011 12:24:01 AM · #6
Originally posted by supanova:

Ahh, the start of another long week of ups and downs...Only this time I have a good feeling that I will end on an up!
Votes: 4
Views: 6
Avg Vote: 7.2500

Yay :-)


Awesome start! Hopefully it will hold up well!
06/29/2011 12:27:15 AM · #7
I only had a glance so far but did some entries get into the wrong challenge or do I need to calibrate my monitor? :)
06/29/2011 12:36:53 AM · #8
Oh so there is 2 threads, I am just going to hop over to the Low thread, Good luck all ;-)
06/29/2011 12:41:46 AM · #9
first 4 votes 5,6,5,3 for a 4.75! Yickes...I think it is a +/_ 5.3 picture truth be told!
06/29/2011 12:42:05 AM · #10
4s irritate me more than 1s. If you are going to leave a 4 at least comment! :-D
06/29/2011 12:55:51 AM · #11
Another ODD start.... first 3 votes 9 , 8 , 10...next 3 votes 5 , 5 , 5...and I have no Idea what I'm gonna garner from such a fluctuation...lol...no comments.
06/29/2011 01:25:58 AM · #12
Votes: 10
Views: 23
Avg Vote: 6.3000
Comments: 1

This is the first photo I've submitted to DPC, so far I'm very happy! This site is a little intimidating with so many great photographers on here.

How does everyone get the score breakdown of the votes? Do you need to be a member?
06/29/2011 01:34:07 AM · #13
Originally posted by bhuge:

Votes: 10
Views: 23
Avg Vote: 6.3000
Comments: 1

This is the first photo I've submitted to DPC, so far I'm very happy! This site is a little intimidating with so many great photographers on here.

How does everyone get the score breakdown of the votes? Do you need to be a member?


I believe you can only get an update on your score once and hour if you are a registered member. If you become a paid member you can refresh the score anytime you wish.

Dave
06/29/2011 01:54:10 AM · #14
Seven 10's so far. Beautiful images!

You have rated 48 of 81 images (59%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 7 of 81 images (9%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.7917.
06/29/2011 05:29:44 AM · #15
You have rated 80 of 80 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 5 images (6%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 5.1250.

Some of these shots are out of this world!!!
06/29/2011 07:21:43 AM · #16
Votes: 23
Views: 43
Avg Vote: 6.0000
Comments: 1

Lots of beautiful entries in this challenge.
06/29/2011 01:37:11 PM · #17
I don't want to jinx my score... but I am pleasantly surprised so far!

Votes: 48
Views: 99
Avg Vote: 7.1042
Comments: 5
06/29/2011 01:40:55 PM · #18
So bummed!!! Tried for 30 minutes to upload my pic but my internet was all messed up! There are great pics here though so it probably wouldn't have done well, but I still wanted to participate.

Love all of your pics.
06/29/2011 01:48:35 PM · #19
come back happy voters....

i was in high to mid-6's last night, now...

Votes: 34
Views: 70
Avg Vote: 5.5882
Comments: 1

;-(

i hope i can at least come back up to my overall average.

this seems to be a pattern for me: a few challenges i do really well, then i bomb. well, to quote Emerson, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

-mefnj
06/29/2011 07:35:12 PM · #20
I'm feeling a little brutalized...

Votes: 52
Views: 109
Avg Vote: 4.3077
Comments: 0
Updated: 06/29/11 07:33 pm
06/29/2011 09:54:31 PM · #21
High Key

Votes: 54
Views: 96
Avg Vote: 5.1111
Comments: 0

I'm not at all displeased. Sure, it's better than the score indicates, but I really don't mind that you don't agree.
06/29/2011 10:02:52 PM · #22
Originally posted by Melethia:

High Key

Votes: 54
Views: 96
Avg Vote: 5.1111
Comments: 0

I'm not at all displeased. Sure, it's better than the score indicates, but I really don't mind that you don't agree.

I totally agree with you :D

Votes: 58
Views: 100
Avg Vote: 5.1034
06/29/2011 10:20:33 PM · #23
Sorry IMO there are a lot of images in this challenge which for me are not high key. Call me old fasioned but I think there are some that the subject does not suit the the treatment or that they are normal photos which have been processed to resemble high key.there are a few which have been crafted and are high key. Overall I was disapointed with the quality ok this challenge. The Low key challenge entries show much moer of an understanding of the style .

My 2c worth
06/29/2011 10:32:02 PM · #24
Originally posted by kiwinick:

Sorry IMO there are a lot of images in this challenge which for me are not high key. Call me old fasioned but I think there are some that the subject does not suit the the treatment or that they are normal photos which have been processed to resemble high key.there are a few which have been crafted and are high key. Overall I was disapointed with the quality ok this challenge. The Low key challenge entries show much moer of an understanding of the style .

My 2c worth


I actually thought the opposite... I thought for low key being the less stringent on the specifics there were very few that were true low key images. To each their own though! :)
06/30/2011 01:05:13 AM · #25
You have rated 81 of 81 images (100%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.5679.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/22/2021 06:13:12 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/22/2021 06:13:12 AM EDT.