DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Making sense of our scores
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 51, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/27/2011 12:52:08 AM · #1
Post 'em when you got 'em.
07/27/2011 12:55:27 AM · #2
2 views and no score.

07/27/2011 01:26:58 AM · #3
Votes: 3
Views: 7
Avg Vote: 4.3333
07/27/2011 01:53:06 AM · #4
Votes: 3
Views: 9
Avg Vote: 5.3333

How are there only 3 votes two hours after rollover?
Hoping my scores rise, because I was hoping for better
07/27/2011 02:33:34 AM · #5
Originally posted by Eagle40Fox2:

Votes: 3
Views: 7
Avg Vote: 4.3333


Votes: 7
Views: 12
Avg Vote: 3.7143
07/27/2011 04:15:31 AM · #6
What on earth is going on here? Started at 7 now on 4.9 Wow that is difference of opinions
07/27/2011 04:23:55 AM · #7
To the childish person that just hit me with a 1:

This is only a friendly challenge thing you know and in the big scheme of things not very important, it's also here so that we improve, not facing up to reality is never a good solution for anything and definitely not for photography.
07/27/2011 05:30:01 AM · #8
So far I am meeting my goal of scoring a 6! Please hold!
Votes: 19
Views: 29
Avg Vote: 6.0526
Comments: 0
07/27/2011 06:25:53 AM · #9
Brown territory here:
Not The Five Senses
Votes: 12
Views: 27
Avg Vote: 3.5833
Comments: 0

And no, I wasn't trying for it, though I thought my photo might not be DPC friendly.


Oops, I seem to be in the wrong thread.

Message edited by author 2011-07-27 07:55:05.
07/27/2011 06:48:33 AM · #10
Votes: 13
Views: 28
Avg Vote:5.7692

So far...


Haha, same here. Ooops...... Moving over....

Message edited by author 2011-07-27 08:04:13.
07/27/2011 07:51:26 AM · #11
I started with a 6.00 and after 20 votes I'm at a 4.70. I figured an even 5 for this shot so I guess it's in the territory !

Originally posted by Ammie:

What on earth is going on here? Started at 7 now on 4.9 Wow that is difference of opinions

07/27/2011 09:10:01 AM · #12
If this is the Five Senses thread, then I have to say that most are shoehorned in with titles. A few truly depict the subject (but that's just an opinion and not worth a grain of salt). So far, nothing over an 8 though. Good luck everyone.

Votes: 24
Views: 35
Avg Vote: 5.8750
Comments: 0
07/27/2011 09:50:20 AM · #13
Votes: 29
Views: 45
Avg Vote: 5.1724
Comments: 1

Ummm, wow I overestimated myself. My prediction was a score between 5.5-5.9
Hopefully the score will change, but I don't really understand why it is so low, because I think my image fits the challenge better than most of these images (and the comment agrees)
07/27/2011 11:27:42 AM · #14
Slowly moving up from a 4.7 early this a.m. to a 5.0909. I've noticed that the very early voters tend to be tough. The last challenge I entered, I was around 4.8 early on & ended up with 6.1014. There was also quite a large discrepancy between the average vote I received from participants (5.3659) & non-participants (6.4124). I'm not expecting to do as well in this challenge but I had such a great time shooting & just want to share!
07/27/2011 02:26:57 PM · #15
Originally posted by doremi:

Slowly moving up from a 4.7 early this a.m. to a 5.0909. I've noticed that the very early voters tend to be tough. The last challenge I entered, I was around 4.8 early on & ended up with 6.1014. There was also quite a large discrepancy between the average vote I received from participants (5.3659) & non-participants (6.4124). I'm not expecting to do as well in this challenge but I had such a great time shooting & just want to share!


heres mine; - up from 4.2 early morning.
Votes: 46
Views: 69
Avg Vote: 5.2391
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

You are right- Id like to get the score break down by hemisphere- seems europe/asia/africa are particularly tough scorers.
07/27/2011 02:58:35 PM · #16

You are right- Id like to get the score break down by hemisphere- seems europe/asia/africa are particularly tough scorers. [/quote]

I thought Canada and Australia are the tough voters.
07/27/2011 03:19:42 PM · #17
Looks like we are taking the title of this thread literally ;)

Originally posted by Ammie:

Originally posted by blindjustice:

You are right- Id like to get the score break down by hemisphere- seems europe/asia/africa are particularly tough scorers.


I thought Canada and Australia are the tough voters.


ETA - making sense of the quotes!

Message edited by author 2011-07-27 15:37:06.
07/27/2011 03:26:04 PM · #18
Originally posted by vikas:

Looks like we are taking the title of this thread literally ;)

Originally posted by Ammie:

You are right- Id like to get the score break down by hemisphere- seems europe/asia/africa are particularly tough scorers.


I thought Canada and Australia are the tough voters.
[/quote]

tough but polite, and descended from pickpockets :)
07/27/2011 04:15:02 PM · #19
Yeah right! I have a favourite but not the score to match. That doesn't make sense, does it now? And it is an American favourer
07/27/2011 04:55:11 PM · #20
Votes: 50
Views: 81
Avg Vote: 6.0000
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0

Gonna go and try and make more comments. :)
07/27/2011 05:08:35 PM · #21
Originally posted by Ammie:

Yeah right! I have a favourite but not the score to match. That doesn't make sense, does it now? And it is an American favourer


I score all the pics first, then I go back and favorite the ones I really like. So it is possible that someone favorited the pic without voting, and at the same time someone else voted lower.

ETA: make it understandable (I hope)

Message edited by author 2011-07-27 22:43:09.
07/27/2011 05:26:49 PM · #22
Votes: 49
Views: 79
Avg Vote: 5.7347
Comments: 1

One bright star and 49 not so ;)
07/27/2011 05:35:45 PM · #23
Votes: 48
Views: 84
Avg Vote: 5.6250
Comments: 1

This image was a 7.000 with 7 votes. Quite a fall since... and a big disappointment. The one comment is nonsense.
07/27/2011 05:37:59 PM · #24
Originally posted by hahn23:

Votes: 48
Views: 84
Avg Vote: 5.6250
Comments: 1

This image was a 7.000 with 7 votes. Quite a fall since... and a big disappointment. The one comment is nonsense.


nonsense should be in the other challenge. :)
07/27/2011 05:38:50 PM · #25
Originally posted by hahn23:

Votes: 48
Views: 84
Avg Vote: 5.6250
Comments: 1

This image was a 7.000 with 7 votes. Quite a fall since... and a big disappointment. The one comment is nonsense.


I love funny comments; maybe it was me.
I can't stand comments that point out that the challenge was not met, or that it looks like a snapshot- useless to me.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/17/2021 10:04:55 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/17/2021 10:04:55 AM EDT.