DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> Batteries for Canon 580EX ii
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 7 of 7, (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/05/2011 06:06:06 PM · #1
Hi,

I have noticed that the batteries does not last long with this Flash and many times I feel that fast charge is not happening and not able to take photographs as I would like to.

What all options do I have? high mAh batteries? external battery adaptor etc.?

11/05/2011 06:16:17 PM · #2
Before a photography event requiring many flash complemented exposures, I make sure I have three sets (3x4) of 2300 mAH Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries. As soon as I detect any slow down in re-fire speed, I swap out the batteries. I place the somewhat spent batteries in a charger, in case I need them in an hour or so. This usually covers the duration of the event, like a wedding. Nothing worse than missing the exposure of an important shot because the flash did not fire.
11/05/2011 06:18:54 PM · #3
Originally posted by pgirish007:

Hi,

I have noticed that the batteries does not last long with this Flash and many times I feel that fast charge is not happening and not able to take photographs as I would like to.

What all options do I have? high mAh batteries? external battery adaptor etc.?


The best however pricy solution:

//www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/502464-REG/Quantum_Instruments_Turbo_SC_Battery_Pack.html

Here is the link for the one without the cable for more reviews:

//www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/467222-REG/Quantum_Instruments_TSC_Turbo_SC_Battery_Pack.html

I never fire my speedlights without them. They come with a nice little hook which can be used to hang from your belt. You won't even notice it's there. It has a nice LED indicator showing you how much battery life is left so you won't be caught by a surprise. You will still need 4 AA batteries for your flash to power the flash's display. One other great advantage of having the quantum Turbo SC is you will get a much faster recycling time which means you will miss fewer shots. These things will last you all day before you will need to recharge them again, if you want to do event photography.

Message edited by author 2011-11-05 18:28:51.
11/05/2011 06:53:12 PM · #4
Originally posted by hahn23:

Before a photography event requiring many flash complemented exposures, I make sure I have three sets (3x4) of 2300 mAH Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries. As soon as I detect any slow down in re-fire speed, I swap out the batteries. I place the somewhat spent batteries in a charger, in case I need them in an hour or so. This usually covers the duration of the event, like a wedding. Nothing worse than missing the exposure of an important shot because the flash did not fire.


What do you think about This one?

I am seeing good rating from the users.

Message edited by author 2011-11-05 18:53:50.
11/05/2011 06:59:56 PM · #5
Originally posted by pgirish007:

Originally posted by hahn23:

Before a photography event requiring many flash complemented exposures, I make sure I have three sets (3x4) of 2300 mAH Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries. As soon as I detect any slow down in re-fire speed, I swap out the batteries. I place the somewhat spent batteries in a charger, in case I need them in an hour or so. This usually covers the duration of the event, like a wedding. Nothing worse than missing the exposure of an important shot because the flash did not fire.


What do you think about This one?

I am seeing good rating from the users.


I bought these last week they are very good , last a long time
11/05/2011 06:59:57 PM · #6
Get a Yongnuo SF-18, a Canon CP E4 clone available on Ebay for under $50. Put in 8 charged Sanyo Eneloops. Shoot your heart out.
11/05/2011 07:07:33 PM · #7
Originally posted by photodude:

Get a Yongnuo SF-18, a Canon CP E4 clone available on Ebay for under $50. Put in 8 charged Sanyo Eneloops. Shoot your heart out.


Thanks! found it on Ebay and also found eneloop on Amazon posted in another reply!

Thanks guys!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 10/24/2020 09:03:25 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/24/2020 09:03:25 AM EDT.