DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> silhouettes results
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 10 of 10, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/01/2012 06:30:52 AM · #1
simply put one of the best overall challenges as far as quality of entries I have seen in quite sometime. I didn't vote but i would have given lots of tens, you guys should be extremely pleased with yourselves.

creative and inspiring.

well done.
08/01/2012 09:05:53 AM · #2
Mike has it right - it truly was one of the best sets of entries, ever.

One question - according to the Rules, no Text may be added to an entry image. Does that also include copyright information? It surprised me a bit to see that kind of info on one of the images, and just made me wonder.

At any rate, congratulations to the Winners and the other entrants - you really did a beautiful job.
08/01/2012 09:12:50 AM · #3
Originally posted by Kathy:

Mike has it right - it truly was one of the best sets of entries, ever.

One question - according to the Rules, no Text may be added to an entry image. Does that also include copyright information? It surprised me a bit to see that kind of info on one of the images, and just made me wonder.

At any rate, congratulations to the Winners and the other entrants - you really did a beautiful job.


you can submit a ticket during voting. im not sure which image you are talking about but we do have the ability to apply watermarks after voting has ended.
08/01/2012 09:28:50 AM · #4
WHy didn't you vote? I bet the entrants would have appreciated some of those 10's. :)
08/01/2012 09:32:04 AM · #5
Originally posted by mike_311:

simply put one of the best overall challenges as far as quality of entries I have seen in quite sometime. I didn't vote but i would have given lots of tens, you guys should be extremely pleased with yourselves.

creative and inspiring.

well done.


I think any of us would have appreciated your vote and comment too.
08/01/2012 10:24:25 AM · #6
Originally posted by KarenNfld:

WHy didn't you vote? I bet the entrants would have appreciated some of those 10's. :)


never got around to it, today was my first time looking at them. just wanted say how impressed i was.
08/01/2012 10:29:00 AM · #7
Thank you for taking the time to post this thread of appreciation for a collection of simply beautiful images. I'm a sucker for a silhouette and although my personal preference is for vibrant colours, I really enjoyed the more subtly toned images as well as some excellent black & whites. Although your vote / comment would have been appreciated as well, there is no problem with not voting. Sometimes you just can't.
08/01/2012 12:38:20 PM · #8
[quote]you can submit a ticket during voting. im not sure which image you are talking about but we do have the ability to apply watermarks after voting has ended. [/quote]

Thanks for the answer. I had wondered about that possibility, but couldn't figure if that would be an option or not.

In answer to someone else's comment, I'm under the impression that you can't vote in more than one Challenge (especially, if you're a non-paying Member.) And, sometimes life just gets in the way of your intended plans, time-wise.
08/01/2012 12:52:08 PM · #9
Originally posted by Kathy:



In answer to someone else's comment, I'm under the impression that you can't vote in more than one Challenge (especially, if you're a non-paying Member.) And, sometimes life just gets in the way of your intended plans, time-wise.


if you aren't a paying member you cant enter or vote in member challenges.
08/01/2012 12:54:40 PM · #10
I agree that it was an excellent challenge. Well done to the photographers.

As far as the voters, I'm not sure what they were thinking.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/04/2020 04:49:02 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/04/2020 04:49:02 PM EST.