DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Side Challenges and Tournaments >> February Photo Essay Showcase
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 105, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/02/2014 09:45:42 PM · #51
we know what to do ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/115000-119999/119419/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104676.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/115000-119999/119419/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104676.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' Only had time for a little essay. Must say the standard entered by others so far is way above me, very impressed indeed. Well done everyone.
03/02/2014 09:56:20 PM · #52
Originally posted by mariuca:

My February photo essay :

entre chien et loup-February photo essay

I will save images for the web and add them to my DPC portfolio also


Extraordinary. Tour de Force!
03/02/2014 09:58:38 PM · #53
Originally posted by Neat:

Here's mine, a study on childhood

I took these all in Italy.


Very nice, Anita. Sort of somber, and in the nature of a soliloquy...
03/02/2014 10:02:05 PM · #54
Originally posted by Paul:

I've been looking through the essays posted so far and I'm almost embarrassed to post mine. They are all so very good - much better than this paltry and simple 9-shot offering.

Here is the starting image:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100393/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104571.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100393/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104571.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

There are some contextual comments in the notes section and you can move through the series as normal by clicking on the next thumbnail at the top left of the screen.

I'll go and leave some comments on the works of others now.

These are wonderful as well. "A Populated Space" is extraordinary.
03/02/2014 11:35:05 PM · #55
Here's mine. I was hoping for a concept but these insisted. We step but do not step into the same river twice.

Start here: ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/68504/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104694.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/68504/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104694.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
03/02/2014 11:38:17 PM · #56
A February Morning Commute.

It starts here ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

the numbering should work now. Sorry.

Message edited by author 2014-03-03 13:19:28.
03/02/2014 11:48:21 PM · #57
Originally posted by PennyStreet:

A February Morning Commute.

It starts here ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Wow, that's one BLEAK commute, darlin'... If bleak was the subject and the goal, you aced it. I'm shivering...
03/02/2014 11:54:12 PM · #58
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by PennyStreet:

A February Morning Commute.

It starts here ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Wow, that's one BLEAK commute, darlin'... If bleak was the subject and the goal, you aced it. I'm shivering...


that was my intent - edit to say.. all taken from the window of a somewhat moving vehicle enroute to the city.

Message edited by author 2014-03-04 08:56:59.
03/03/2014 02:16:23 AM · #59
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/90000-94999/92512/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1100160.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/90000-94999/92512/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1100160.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Here is my offering!
03/03/2014 01:43:47 PM · #60
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/110000-114999/113591/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104732.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/110000-114999/113591/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104732.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Just something to browse through. I did run it past my attorney, he says I'm so devoid of assets, there's no risk of being prosecuted.

Whilst typing this, guess what song started playing - Joan Armatrading: "I love it when you call me names" ... hehe

Click on the thumb to the right of the thumbs on the left to move....
03/03/2014 02:50:09 PM · #61
depression
03/03/2014 03:02:16 PM · #62
Loving all these essays, thank you! It broadens the mind to look at how different photographic styles and interests can intersect with equality on the field of the essay. Much more so than in a single picture, which I for one am always too quick to judge and label.

I am half way through the comments on those posted so far, and I will be commenting on every one. My very slow 3G connection limits my speed, especially on the more googly-byte hungry presentations.
03/03/2014 05:27:38 PM · #63
i am not entering
what i saw is way above my technical capability

Message edited by author 2014-03-03 18:13:02.
03/03/2014 05:49:24 PM · #64
Originally posted by cutout:

i am not entering
what i saw is way above my capability


That's not going to stop me!!!
03/03/2014 05:52:02 PM · #65
Originally posted by vawendy:

depression


I'm impressed. In just 6 images I feel you explore several facets of depression. The shadow of that man on the wall is incredible, it's a Picasso. A beautiful collection.

Way to explore the dark side!!
03/03/2014 05:54:30 PM · #66
Originally posted by herfotoman:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/110000-114999/113591/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104732.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/110000-114999/113591/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104732.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Just something to browse through. I did run it past my attorney, he says I'm so devoid of assets, there's no risk of being prosecuted.

Whilst typing this, guess what song started playing - Joan Armatrading: "I love it when you call me names" ... hehe

Click on the thumb to the right of the thumbs on the left to move....


That's beautiful. A simple "trick" but used to great effect. And certainly the cumulative effect is powerful.
03/03/2014 05:57:30 PM · #67
Originally posted by PennyStreet:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by PennyStreet:

A February Morning Commute.

It starts here ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/100000-104999/100831/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1101356.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Wow, that's one BLEAK commute, darlin'... If bleak was the subject and the goal, you aced it. I'm shivering...


that was my intent - edit to say.. all taken from the window of a somewhat moving vehicle enroute .. . unfortunately I can't figure out why they don't appear in the correct order.


bleak yes but a beautiful bleakness. There are multiple ways these photos are processed but they cohere extremely well towards a single effect.
03/03/2014 06:07:42 PM · #68
Originally posted by Neat:

Here's mine, a study on childhood


I enjoy this a lot. Your processing screams "nostalgia!" but that works in a funny way with the subject matter... I like the mix of shots, careful compositions with some more active compositions, and one downright mysterious image.
03/03/2014 06:08:53 PM · #69
Originally posted by daisydavid:

we know what to do ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/115000-119999/119419/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104676.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/115000-119999/119419/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1104676.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' Only had time for a little essay. Must say the standard entered by others so far is way above me, very impressed indeed. Well done everyone.


Only 4 images but they are so layered that actually it's far more than that. I loved it.
03/03/2014 06:14:31 PM · #70
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by mariuca:

My February photo essay :

entre chien et loup-February photo essay

I will save images for the web and add them to my DPC portfolio also


Extraordinary. Tour de Force!


Your organizing theme is perfect... I don't know where the dog ends and the wolf begins. I don't know what is real, what is museum, what is photographic trickery, what is layering... it's like watching Un Chien Andalou, which is high praise from me.
03/03/2014 06:21:27 PM · #71
Originally posted by pixelpig:

Originally posted by ubique:

Here's a ball roller

Word on the Street


Holy cow!


I'm speechless about this. It just needs to be read.
03/03/2014 06:29:09 PM · #72
I'm really looking forward to having a good look through all the essays....give me a few days and i'll get back with comments on each one.

As to my own essay this month; unfortunately i had an unpredicted very busy week and didn't manage to finish it. No worries though, there is always next month.
03/03/2014 08:45:24 PM · #73
Originally posted by posthumous:

Originally posted by pixelpig:

Originally posted by ubique:

Here's a ball roller

Word on the Street


Holy cow!


I'm speechless about this. It just needs to be read.


i know that's what i thought!
03/03/2014 08:46:10 PM · #74
Originally posted by vawendy:

depression


Wendy, i think I understand you more now, that was amazing!

;)
03/03/2014 09:46:58 PM · #75
Here is my essay. I apologize in advance that it's a 3.4 Meg PDF file. I just didn't have time to do it any other way.

The Humble Art

Many thanks to ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_N.gif', '/') + 1) . ' ubique for inspiring me to do this with his essay. He made me realize that I want to speak about my own feelings on photography.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 02/24/2020 08:11:17 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 02/24/2020 08:11:17 PM EST.