DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> Why You Should Disregard My Opinion
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 52, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/16/2015 03:46:56 PM · #1
Judy Garland makes me cry. Sharpness hurts my eyes. Everything I learned about Surrealism came from the Beatles. I get high on diagonals. Poetry might be nothing more than a form of dizziness. My grandfather was a spy. I'm a moonchild. I fabricate. I sing the same songs to my dogs over and over again, and it has nothing to do with dogs. I never sat through an entire Kate Bush album. I failed to condition my straw bale garden to the proper temperature. I have been known to eat M&M's when no European chocolate is available. In fact, I like M&M's better than Godiva, and Dunkin Donuts coffee better than Starbucks. I think Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball" is a work of evil genius. And once, I ate rose petals.
07/16/2015 03:50:53 PM · #2
oof. too much truth.
07/16/2015 03:53:05 PM · #3
except the singing dogs.
07/16/2015 04:01:04 PM · #4
I'm with you, at least on the coffee and the rose petals.

Ever tried a dandelion? Delicious!
07/16/2015 04:02:50 PM · #5
Have you reached that time of life, did you eat 3 blue Smarties or have people recently been remarking on 1)the danger you put yourself in crossing roads, 2) your variety of colours in your clothing 3) the number of times you shout at the people on TV ?
(just askin)
07/16/2015 04:18:28 PM · #6
Too much birthday cake.
07/16/2015 04:19:08 PM · #7
Originally posted by Cory:

I'm with you, at least on the coffee and the rose petals.

Ever tried a dandelion? Delicious!


a bit bitter on their own, maybe with some vinegar.
07/16/2015 04:19:11 PM · #8
i already did
07/16/2015 04:24:15 PM · #9
Send me your address and I'll send you a care package of English chocolate :)
07/16/2015 04:25:56 PM · #10
By the way - I already started wearing purple!
07/16/2015 04:32:20 PM · #11
Originally posted by Giles:

Send me your address and I'll send you a care package of English chocolate :)


[[[intense internal debate -- give my home address to the Evil One.... chocolate..... satan..... chocolate....]]]
07/16/2015 04:36:58 PM · #12
Originally posted by zimple:

Have you reached that time of life, did you eat 3 blue Smarties or have people recently been remarking on 1)the danger you put yourself in crossing roads, 2) your variety of colours in your clothing 3) the number of times you shout at the people on TV ?
(just askin)
All of the above
07/16/2015 04:51:05 PM · #13
Violets are good too, plus they look pretty in salads or on a cake.
07/16/2015 04:52:32 PM · #14
Originally posted by zimple:

By the way - I already started wearing purple!

great stuff. but don't show Don or he will orf to join them.
07/16/2015 04:56:50 PM · #15
Originally posted by tnun:

Originally posted by zimple:

By the way - I already started wearing purple!

great stuff. but don't show Don or he will orf to join them.
Yes!!! I'm off to join the hipster gypsies!!!
07/16/2015 05:06:07 PM · #16
I don't think the Godiva chocolate you buy here is made in Europe ...
Originally posted by Wikipedia:

Godiva today

Lawyers of the company have sent a series of letters warning the Lady Godiva public house in Geneva, Switzerland, that they are infringing upon their intellectual property with the latest asking them to cease and desist from using the name. Pru Porretta, MBE, who was behind the revival of Dame Goodyver's Daye in Coventry, England, where a procession through the city's streets includes her representing Lady Godiva riding a horse commented "I think it's very sad. Godiva was a great woman who challenged her husband to stop the terrible things that were happening to the people. I'm sure Lady Godiva wouldn't care for a company which seems to be taking something that wasn't theirs originally and want to use it for themselves and nobody else. It's about our rich heritage. I would say it's morally wrong".


Message edited by author 2015-07-16 17:07:43.
07/16/2015 09:20:02 PM · #17
I didn't know we needed a reason. ;)
07/16/2015 09:54:43 PM · #18
Originally posted by posthumous:

Judy Garland makes me cry. Sharpness hurts my eyes. Everything I learned about Surrealism came from the Beatles. I get high on diagonals. Poetry might be nothing more than a form of dizziness. My grandfather was a spy. I'm a moonchild. I fabricate. I sing the same songs to my dogs over and over again, and it has nothing to do with dogs. I never sat through an entire Kate Bush album. I failed to condition my straw bale garden to the proper temperature. I have been known to eat M&M's when no European chocolate is available. In fact, I like M&M's better than Godiva, and Dunkin Donuts coffee better than Starbucks. I think Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball" is a work of evil genius. And once, I ate rose petals.


Who's Kate Bush?
07/16/2015 10:58:25 PM · #19
Originally posted by posthumous:

And once, I ate rose petals.

I once drank perfume. Tasted nothing like it smelled, as my memories of 56 years ago attest, at least. My prescribed treatment was burnt toast and strong tea, which I still crave from time to time... when listening to Judy Garland sing the Beatles "Cry Baby Cry" in my head.

Message edited by author 2015-07-16 22:59:07.
07/17/2015 05:09:21 AM · #20
These are the very reasons that I regard you and your opinions with such high esteem.

Plus the others that you could not put into print but I know belong to you.
07/17/2015 05:17:12 AM · #21
My grandma used to make rose comfiture. quite exquisite!
07/17/2015 07:12:35 AM · #22
Originally posted by Lydia:


Who's Kate Bush?


I went and found out. To me, it wasn't a pleasant experience. She's scary!
07/17/2015 08:52:05 AM · #23
Originally posted by Tiny:


Plus the others that you could not put into print but I know belong to you.
you know too much!
07/17/2015 09:16:15 AM · #24
I poke strangers, to see if they're ticklish; I eat a condensed milk tin in one setting, but a 100gr slab chocolate over a period of 15 days; My 35 year old University sweat suit is my home evening wear; I sing loudly whenever and wherever; I have all of the Gilbert&Sullivan plays and listen to them whilst working; I toi-toi [a South-African sort of jive] next to my car whenever I travel as leg-stretching exercise; I must have buttered bread with my fruit salad; I found out at 51 years of age that eating cinnamon does not make all people's mouths swell up..

That is why you should have pity on me and comment on all my entries. Specially if you have ever eaten rose-petals.
07/17/2015 09:31:50 AM · #25
The fact you are not a mass conformist is why people do listen to you.... this must be a trick. Some mass conformist hacked Don's account and is trying to discredit him.

We only have one option: Don't listen to him tell us not to listen to him; listen to him!! ;-)

Message edited by author 2015-07-17 09:32:19.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/04/2020 09:02:47 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/04/2020 09:02:47 AM EST.