DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

Threads will be shown in descending order for the remainder of this session. To permanently display posts in this order, adjust your preferences.
DPChallenge Forums >> Administrator Announcements >> Big Changes on the DPC Horizon!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 226, descending (reverse)
AuthorThread
11/12/2020 01:44:16 AM · #1
Strange, cuz I can vote on my phone.
11/11/2020 10:35:22 PM · #2
Originally posted by glad2badad:

The argument has been (I thought) that voting with such a small image wasn't really where we wanted the site to be. Can't see that changing with even the newest, most up-to-date, mobile app.

It's not so much about VOTING as it is about participating. It seems like a significant number of people do most of their internetting on tablets and large phones. It's already possible to vote on my tablet, and the images render well enough for me to do that, but the interface wasn't designed with Android or IOS in mind and it's very inefficient. I'm not aware, personally, that we will be allowing phone voting going forward: certainly, nobody working on the site has mentioned this to me.
11/11/2020 08:28:59 PM · #3
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by glad2badad:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

... The biggest changes involved making the site more mobile-friendly ...

How ironic is that? Allegedly we're blocked from voting on our phones now (although there are ways around it). :-)

Well, maybe making it "mobile-friendly" involves addressing the issues which made us want to block access/functionality using the existing site capability ...

The argument has been (I thought) that voting with such a small image wasn't really where we wanted the site to be. Can't see that changing with even the newest, most up-to-date, mobile app.
11/11/2020 07:49:33 PM · #4
Originally posted by glad2badad:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

... The biggest changes involved making the site more mobile-friendly ...

How ironic is that? Allegedly we're blocked from voting on our phones now (although there are ways around it). :-)

Well, maybe making it "mobile-friendly" involves addressing the issues which made us want to block access/functionality using the existing site capability ...
11/11/2020 07:31:39 PM · #5
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

... The biggest changes involved making the site more mobile-friendly ...

How ironic is that? Allegedly we're blocked from voting on our phones now (although there are ways around it). :-)
11/11/2020 07:07:05 PM · #6
How big? Not HUGE by any means. The appearance of the site has been lightened up, it's cleaner, but the layout/functionality is basically the same in most respects. The biggest changes involved making the site more mobile-friendly and getting it to a point where we can make modifications ourselves in an orderly way moving forward.

How much closer? I wouldn't be surprised to see the Beta posted for public review in two weeks. It won't have full functionality (some modules are still under construction) but...

The big issue here, as I understand it, is that Mita has taken most of the development back from the folks to whom he had outsourced it, so he is on a learning curve big-time.

But don't quote me on either of the previous two paragraphs, I might be full of it :-)
11/11/2020 05:01:49 PM · #7
And do you know how big?? I'm one of those who pretty much hates it when sites completely change and I can't find or figure out anything anymore :( So often their idea of "improving" things just makes them either hard to find or use or messy. I have my fingers crossed.
11/11/2020 04:11:06 PM · #8
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by Giles:

Are the big changes still on the cards?

Yup. Much much closer now :-)


Do you know how much closer

Message edited by author 2020-11-11 16:11:12.
11/11/2020 11:24:50 AM · #9
Originally posted by Giles:

Are the big changes still on the cards?

Yup. Much much closer now :-)
11/11/2020 04:08:05 AM · #10
Are the big changes still on the cards?
10/14/2020 08:37:46 AM · #11
true
10/14/2020 08:35:50 AM · #12
Originally posted by photoboy19:

Maybe now that everyone's home people will have more time to do it...


not everyone
10/14/2020 08:30:38 AM · #13
Maybe now that everyone's home people will have more time to do it...
10/13/2020 11:43:41 PM · #14
I keep checking in but......
10/06/2020 05:19:21 PM · #15
Originally posted by njsabs:

What are some the the 'revamps' that may be happening here?


they're trying to make a more mobile-friendly experience.
10/06/2020 01:20:46 PM · #16
Originally posted by njsabs:

Originally posted by markwiley:

Originally posted by MargaretNet:

Originally posted by photoboy19:

When are we actulaly getting the revamp

Who knows ;)

Completion dates for comprehensive revamps like this are really hard to predict. Know that, behind the scenes, people are actively working on it and things are progressing. We very much appreciate your patience.


I have missed this place. COVID has me at home more than usual so this is a great place to 'have fun and be safe'. What are some the the 'revamps' that may be happening here?


It's so good to have you back!!!
10/06/2020 11:00:46 AM · #17
I'm pretty sure that they're redoing the whole site because it been this way for a while. And also hopefully the redo of the website will bring in more people because right now there are not a lot of entries and also not a lot of votes.
10/06/2020 10:49:59 AM · #18
Originally posted by markwiley:

Originally posted by MargaretNet:

Originally posted by photoboy19:

When are we actulaly getting the revamp

Who knows ;)

Completion dates for comprehensive revamps like this are really hard to predict. Know that, behind the scenes, people are actively working on it and things are progressing. We very much appreciate your patience.


I have missed this place. COVID has me at home more than usual so this is a great place to 'have fun and be safe'. What are some the the 'revamps' that may be happening here?
10/05/2020 10:44:44 AM · #19
Hopefully its soon though so hopefully more people will start coming in, we'll get more entries and more votes!
10/05/2020 10:41:51 AM · #20
Originally posted by MargaretNet:

Originally posted by photoboy19:

When are we actulaly getting the revamp

Who knows ;)

Completion dates for comprehensive revamps like this are really hard to predict. Know that, behind the scenes, people are actively working on it and things are progressing. We very much appreciate your patience.
10/05/2020 09:47:40 AM · #21
Originally posted by photoboy19:

When are we actulaly getting the revamp

Who knows ;)
10/05/2020 08:30:25 AM · #22
When are we actulaly getting the revamp
10/01/2020 05:18:01 PM · #23
Absolutely!
10/01/2020 01:54:55 AM · #24
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by SEG:

Do you blame her. I'm a lurking checking in probably like so many others and nothing.....still.

No, we can't blame her :-( On the plus side, we are alive and thriving through difficult times, and (believe it or not) we're very close to a beta (or so I am told)(knock on wood)... Meanwhile, Kirbic and I and all of Site Council are working to keep things chugging along with the status quo.


Thank you Robert and SC for all your hard work - it is much appreciated!
09/30/2020 10:41:52 PM · #25
Originally posted by SEG:

Do you blame her. I'm a lurking checking in probably like so many others and nothing.....still.

No, we can't blame her :-( On the plus side, we are alive and thriving through difficult times, and (believe it or not) we're very close to a beta (or so I am told)(knock on wood)... Meanwhile, Kirbic and I and all of Site Council are working to keep things chugging along with the status quo.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 12/03/2020 05:58:12 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 12/03/2020 05:58:12 AM EST.