DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Suggestions >> Anyone got any great ideas...
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 60, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/09/2020 05:14:09 PM · #26
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Originally posted by GeneralE:

You could do "From Below" ... unless your drone can fly upside-down ...

There's one drone on the market that can shoot straight up. But Bear doesn't have it.


LOL Neither do I
06/09/2020 05:18:13 PM · #27
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Originally posted by GeneralE:

You could do "From Below" ... unless your drone can fly upside-down ...

There's one drone on the market that can shoot straight up.

If you can get enough altitude you can have your own mini-Hubble ...

I presume it's really intended for examining infrastructure such as the underside of a bridge?
06/09/2020 05:22:16 PM · #28
Parrot Anafi
I've seen refurbs of this on Amazon for about $400 US. Maybe this will be the next one.
06/09/2020 05:23:10 PM · #29
Originally posted by GeneralE:

I presume it's really intended for examining infrastructure such as the underside of a bridge?


That's one of the usages they plug it for.
06/09/2020 05:25:59 PM · #30
Originally posted by GeneralE:

If you can get enough altitude you can have your own mini-Hubble ...

Legal limit for consumer drones in the US is 400 feet, which is really some pretty good altitude for photography. Most can go way higher, however. I've also used mine just to get perspectives that I could not reach on foot.
06/09/2020 05:38:02 PM · #31
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Originally posted by GeneralE:

If you can get enough altitude you can have your own mini-Hubble ...

Legal limit for consumer drones in the US is 400 feet, which is really some pretty good altitude for photography. Most can go way higher ...

Probably not above the stratosphere though (I was joking) ...

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1184554.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/0-4999/1031/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1184554.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/09/2020 05:57:33 PM · #32
High speed photography

White

Hidden gem (in honor of Bear's 200* (whatever he's up to in the 2000s now) entry

blur

grapefruit (oh wait -- skip that one)

Puffins in flight carrying sand eels :P
06/09/2020 06:06:04 PM · #33
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Parrot Anafi
I've seen refurbs of this on Amazon for about $400 US. Maybe this will be the next one.

It only weighs 3/4 lb... That's gonna be TOUGH to fly in any sort of breeze...
06/09/2020 06:08:52 PM · #34
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

Parrot Anafi
I've seen refurbs of this on Amazon for about $400 US. Maybe this will be the next one.

It only weighs 3/4 lb... That's gonna be TOUGH to fly in any sort of breeze...

Any drone is tough to fly when it's in my hands. LOL
06/09/2020 06:29:26 PM · #35
How about make us smile/laugh?
06/09/2020 06:32:05 PM · #36
Originally posted by vawendy:

How about make us smile/laugh?
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1827/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1087965.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1827/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1087965.jpg', '/') + 1) . '   ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/2000-2999/2123/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1158826.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/2000-2999/2123/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_1158826.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


Message edited by author 2020-06-09 18:33:42.
06/09/2020 06:58:05 PM · #37
what about FRUIT,. all kinds and shapes to make a great shot ....
06/09/2020 08:35:47 PM · #38
Originally posted by vawendy:



Puffins in flight carrying sand eels :P


Hahaha!

I just spewed my drink.

You're too cute, Wendy! Hahahaha!


Message edited by author 2020-06-09 20:36:57.
06/09/2020 09:11:56 PM · #39
My most fabulous terrible image. Archival.
06/09/2020 09:35:57 PM · #40
Originally posted by digifotojo:

My most fabulous terrible image. Archival.

You're going to make me choose among 50,000 images?! I think I'd just rather take one more terrible picture, unless you make it a Special Rule that the picture must be shot before the challenge is posted. :-)
06/09/2020 09:41:13 PM · #41
Rural serenity,

Fog.

From behind,

Message edited by author 2020-06-09 21:42:06.
06/09/2020 09:48:58 PM · #42
Originally posted by Neat:

Rural serenity,

Fog.

From behind,

Hey! Those are in the challenge suggestion queue already. Can't use those. ... at least that's what direction I was given earlier in this thread. :-)
06/09/2020 09:51:09 PM · #43
Originally posted by glad2badad:

Originally posted by Neat:

Rural serenity,

Fog.

From behind,

Hey! Those are in the challenge suggestion queue already. Can't use those. ... at least that's what direction I was given earlier in this thread. :-)


Oh sorry I haven’t read all the thread.

What about “you name it“
06/09/2020 09:55:34 PM · #44
"A Great Idea"
Seriously ... something that seems like a great idea - photograph it.

"What were they thinking?"
An idea gone astray ... as in, what were they thinking? Capture the lunacy.
06/09/2020 10:22:41 PM · #45
Originally posted by glad2badad:

"A Great Idea"
Seriously ... something that seems like a great idea - photograph it.

"What were they thinking?"
An idea gone astray ... as in, what were they thinking? Capture the lunacy.

Can we do those in Extended Editing? :-)
06/09/2020 10:28:03 PM · #46
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by glad2badad:

"A Great Idea"
Seriously ... something that seems like a great idea - photograph it.

"What were they thinking?"
An idea gone astray ... as in, what were they thinking? Capture the lunacy.

Can we do those in Extended Editing? :-)


+3
06/09/2020 10:33:43 PM · #47
Originally posted by GeneralE:

Originally posted by digifotojo:

My most fabulous terrible image. Archival.

You're going to make me choose among 50,000 images?! I think I'd just rather take one more terrible picture, unless you make it a Special Rule that the picture must be shot before the challenge is posted. :-)


Sounds good to me, let's go with it! ;-)
06/09/2020 10:46:22 PM · #48
Extended editing archival sounds like so much fun!! No matter the topic. Ha!

Surely peeps can come up with something!

Partay!!

;)
06/09/2020 10:50:05 PM · #49
Sigh ....
06/10/2020 12:37:14 AM · #50
Originally posted by glad2badad:

Sigh ....

Don't sigh, Barry. I was just yankin' your chain :-)
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/25/2020 12:15:05 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/25/2020 12:15:05 PM EST.