DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Collaborative Project 6: Dogs
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 120, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/06/2004 11:18:13 PM · #26
I can also keep my eye out for when "Moses" is in town for the holidays.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/12253/thumb/126572.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/12253/thumb/126572.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Maybe I can get you a nice St. Bernard pic, in some nice freshly fallen snow (but with my new camera and when the light is better!)
12/06/2004 11:57:38 PM · #27
I have the following dog pics I took this summer, which you are welcome to use provided I can get release forms from their owners. Their owners stay at the local lake in the summer and are not permanent residents in this area. The brown dog is a chocolate lab, but I don't even know the breed of the white dog.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126588.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126588.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126587.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126587.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126586.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126586.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126585.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126585.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/07/2004 12:04:24 AM · #28
You can use this one if you like.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/13897/thumb/65814.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/13897/thumb/65814.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
It's a Border Collie puppy.
12/07/2004 12:33:39 AM · #29
Originally posted by Judith Polakoff:

I have the following dog pics I took this summer, which you are welcome to use provided I can get release forms from their owners. Their owners stay at the local lake in the summer and are not permanent residents in this area. The brown dog is a chocolate lab, but I don't even know the breed of the white dog.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126588.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126588.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126587.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126587.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126586.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126586.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126585.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17103/thumb/126585.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


Those are cute, would you have access to them again to get more shots?

Deannda
12/07/2004 12:36:22 AM · #30
I signed up for the Golden Retriever

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/182/thumb/56654.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/182/thumb/56654.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Dave
12/07/2004 12:47:52 AM · #31
Hi, Deannda. I wouldn't have access to them again until the summer of '05, unfortunately.
12/07/2004 08:09:36 AM · #32
Originally posted by Judith Polakoff:

Hi, Deannda. I wouldn't have access to them again until the summer of '05, unfortunately.


Would you be able to talk to the owner before then to get permission? I really like the top one of the Chocolate Lab with slightly different cropping, take most of the arms out type cropping. Let me know! :)

Deannda
12/07/2004 08:11:07 AM · #33
And since we are talking about dogs, Just What Kind Of Dog ARE YOU?

Find Out Here

This leads to a main page and there is a link either on the right bottom or under the picture that leads to a rather fun little quiz.

I'm a Portuguese Water Dog.

Deannda
Not sure how good that is
12/07/2004 08:14:54 AM · #34
I guess I could do Standard Schnauzer.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/24715/thumb/125888.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/24715/thumb/125888.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/07/2004 08:24:12 AM · #35
Here is the best pic that I have of Bandit, mini schnauzer extrordinaire.

Barbara

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/1024/thumb/65731.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/1024/thumb/65731.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/07/2004 09:15:41 AM · #36
Originally posted by Neuferland:

And since we are talking about dogs, Just What Kind Of Dog ARE YOU?

Find Out Here



Great link - quite fun! Could I get in with an Australian Shepherd?


Message edited by author 2004-12-07 09:16:57.
12/07/2004 09:43:48 AM · #37
Originally posted by giega:

I guess I could do Standard Schnauzer.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/24715/thumb/125888.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/24715/thumb/125888.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I was hoping you would join, I love that shot.

Deannda
12/07/2004 09:44:38 AM · #38
Originally posted by BAMartin:

Here is the best pic that I have of Bandit, mini schnauzer extrordinaire.

Barbara

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/1024/thumb/65731.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/1024/thumb/65731.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


Gotcha down for Bandit. Will be sending out information as it becomes available.

Deannda
Thanks hun
12/07/2004 09:47:10 AM · #39
Originally posted by admart01:

Originally posted by Neuferland:

And since we are talking about dogs, Just What Kind Of Dog ARE YOU?

Find Out Here



Great link - quite fun! Could I get in with an Australian Shepherd?


Why yes, you can! Check out the new list! ;)

Deannda
Email me directly so I can add you to the update list
12/07/2004 09:54:29 AM · #40
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8367/thumb/126642.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8367/thumb/126642.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
We've got an English Setter. Can I join?
This is not the photo I would submit. Just a fun thing I've got posted on my refrigerator. He's a shelter rescue without papers, but the vet and shelter have documented his breed as an English Setter. There are two types: the show dog and a hunter type like Hewy...short for Hewitt.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8367/thumb/57686.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8367/thumb/57686.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8367/thumb/25200.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/8367/thumb/25200.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
I've been wanting to get a really nice shot of him. This will get me motivated.

Message edited by author 2004-12-07 10:00:28.
12/07/2004 09:59:22 AM · #41
Originally posted by Neuferland:

I was hoping you would join, I love that shot.

Deannda


He is not a champ like his dad, so that's the least I could do for our dog.

Message edited by author 2004-12-07 10:00:54.
12/07/2004 10:19:11 AM · #42
Welcome Aboard!

Deannda
He's adorable
12/07/2004 10:23:25 AM · #43
When this one is up and running with the different breeds and under control, HAHAHA, I will look at starting a project next year for the mix breeds. :) Having been owned by several "Mutts" in my lifetime they are just as special as the pure breds. :)

Deannda
This is really coming together, thanks everyone!
12/07/2004 11:05:13 AM · #44
I'll offer up any of these photos for the Border Collie Breed:

' . substr('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29607831/small.jpg', strrpos('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29607831/small.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29614146/small.jpg', strrpos('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29614146/small.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29614323/small.jpg', strrpos('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29614323/small.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29614361/small.jpg', strrpos('//www.pbase.com/tfaust/image/29614361/small.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/07/2004 01:40:07 PM · #45
opps, quoted instead of edited post, sorry.

Message edited by author 2004-12-07 13:46:59.
12/07/2004 01:46:13 PM · #46
Okay, we are up to 26 people on this project. I am going to make the cut off 30, so check the list, see the breeds and if you don't see your breed there yet, email me and I'll add you in.

Some more details: You can either use an existing picture or try to take a new one. I am going for a new one because my little Buggaboo hides his face a lot so this will really be a challenge for me.

If you are using an existing picture or can't decide on a picture come to the group and we will work with you and make any suggestions or give any ideas for improvements on your shot either via post processing or reshooting. I feel this is the best way since we are all involved in the making of the poster, we should also all have a say in the pictures that are used. If you cannot upload the picture to DPC because you are not a member yet, you have three choices:

1. Buy a membership
2. Upload the picture to an on line album and post a link (please do not post large scale images into the thread)
3. Send the picture to me and I'll be creating a special folder on my PBase account for others to see the shot.

Once I have enough people on board I will then discuss the setting of a final date for the photographs to be submitted, I'm going to have a least a month or two for people to shoot, play with and work with their shots unless of course they have an existing one, then they just get to comment and help with the others. :)

Does this sound good to everyone so far?

Deannda

Message edited by author 2004-12-07 13:48:07.
12/07/2004 01:52:07 PM · #47
Bull Mastiff - Fila Brasilrio
This is not the photo I would submit, but here he is. His name is Elton
' . substr('//kimber-lee.smugmug.com/photos/12421128-S.jpg', strrpos('//kimber-lee.smugmug.com/photos/12421128-S.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
12/07/2004 03:14:46 PM · #48
I'd sign up for West Highland White Terrier, I have pictures of my dogs here.

//lptrip.com/v-web/gallery/Dog-Space

I could also reshoot if you want. NP
12/07/2004 05:17:14 PM · #49
Originally posted by Neuferland:

Originally posted by Judith Polakoff:

Hi, Deannda. I wouldn't have access to them again until the summer of '05, unfortunately.


Would you be able to talk to the owner before then to get permission? I really like the top one of the Chocolate Lab with slightly different cropping, take most of the arms out type cropping. Let me know! :)

Deannda


Deannda, I can probably track down the owners of the chocolate lab shortly and get permission to use that photo, and I'll work on a different crop if you want to use the portrait.
12/07/2004 09:11:45 PM · #50
Originally posted by Sonda:

I'd sign up for West Highland White Terrier, I have pictures of my dogs here.

//lptrip.com/v-web/gallery/Dog-Space

I could also reshoot if you want. NP


Welcome Aboard! Your dog is adorable!

Deannda
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/27/2021 06:30:58 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/27/2021 06:30:58 PM EDT.