DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Fruit & Veggies Now?
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 28, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/02/2002 02:23:17 AM · #1
Isn't it a little late in the season to have this challenge? My grocery is down to apples and bananas now, and it's too early for the pumpkins :o)
09/02/2002 02:27:27 AM · #2
Originally posted by indigo997:
Isn't it a little late in the season to have this challenge? My grocery is down to apples and bananas now, and it's too early for the pumpkins :o)

Welp guess it's time to get creative ... ya know .. there isnt anything in the topic that said that the fruits and veggies HAVE to be real - or fresh ... so go to your local freezer section or even craft store - ya never know what you can find :)


* This message has been edited by the author on 9/2/2002 2:26:15 AM.
09/02/2002 02:31:17 AM · #3
this is great.. i gotta go shopping tomorrow for this months groceries anyway!! my bf already thinks i'm weird, hopefully the store won't.. hee


09/02/2002 05:32:06 AM · #4
hey jenguin,
so wat r u gonna shop ??
Ashish
09/02/2002 06:42:02 AM · #5
Hmmm, I don't shop so I'll see whats around the house :)
09/02/2002 08:24:21 AM · #6
Originally posted by indigo997:
Isn't it a little late in the season to have this challenge? My grocery is down to apples and bananas now, and it's too early for the pumpkins :o)

Yes, let me be the first to complain about geographic bias in this one. This is clearly designed to give Australians an easy ride.

09/02/2002 09:11:02 AM · #7
true ;-) there is obviously some australian connection at work ;-)
At least they failed to force a 'boxing kangoroo' challenge ;-)

;-)
;-)
Lionel
09/02/2002 09:13:25 AM · #8
Awwww c'mon ... this is a perfect opportunity to use those candid shots of the family!
09/02/2002 09:32:59 AM · #9
I can tell you right now, I have nothing to do with challenge topics!!

And a boxing kangaroo would be just as hard for me to come by as anyone else... We have some Western Grey kangaroos nearby on Heirisson Island, but they look like this:

<img border=0 src="//lisa3d.org/images/photos/roo.jpg]

Originally posted by lionelm:
true ;-) there is obviously some australian connection at work ;-)
At least they failed to force a 'boxing kangoroo' challenge ;-)

;-)
;-)
Lionel


09/02/2002 09:42:45 AM · #10
It's 9:45 AM Monday morning, and the ideas are flowing!!!! (You must understand: This is new for me! I'm usually grasping at straws by Saturday!). Fruits and Veggies can be fun! ;-) Hope now that I can execute the photo the way I envision! Wish me luck.
;)
09/02/2002 10:20:54 AM · #11
I'm going to buy some 'fruit of the loom'....hee hee!
09/02/2002 01:58:09 PM · #12
I hope people come up with some interesting things to do with their fruit. It's really not a lot of fun to see a whole bunch of pics that only fit the challenge. Meeting the challenge is preliminary. You have to come up with an interesting shot that is a good photograph even when looked at outside of the challenge.
09/02/2002 02:00:28 PM · #13
Originally posted by indigo997:
I hope people come up with some interesting things to do with their fruit.

This comment is just so ripe for the picking!!! &gt;:-D

09/02/2002 02:32:50 PM · #14
lol, tsk tsk hokie ;)

Originally posted by hokie:
Originally posted by indigo997:
[i]I hope people come up with some interesting things to do with their fruit.


This comment is just so ripe for the picking!!! &gt;:-D

[/i]


09/02/2002 02:57:01 PM · #15
Originally posted by hokie:
Originally posted by indigo997:
[i]I hope people come up with some interesting things to do with their fruit.


This comment is just so ripe for the picking!!! &gt;:-D

[/i]

Hilarious. (Hokie is full of mischief this morning :)

09/03/2002 11:39:40 AM · #16
I think this is going to be a great challenge. I think it will be similar to the pencil challenge in many ways. I hope to see some nice still life shots and some other interesting and creatively photographed fruits and veggies :)

I managed to get my entry completed on my day off yesterday. It feels good to have my photo submitted on Monday for a change, rather than Sunday :)


09/03/2002 01:42:08 PM · #17
Why do I keep having a vision of the Chiquita Banana Lady in my head?

09/03/2002 01:53:06 PM · #18
Come, Mr. Tally Man... tally me banana...
09/03/2002 02:57:41 PM · #19
Originally posted by jmsetzler:
Why do I keep having a vision of the Chiquita Banana Lady in my head?


i keep seein' the fruit o'the loom guys... ;o)
09/03/2002 07:08:54 PM · #20
Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable? ;)
09/03/2002 07:51:52 PM · #21
I found this photo on a web site somewhere and thought is was hilarious, thought I'd share it will you all. Since we were on the fruits and veggies topic...

WARNING EROTIC FRUIT!!!
WARNING EROTIC FRUIT!!!

//chris.com/nutty/index2.html
OH GRR....
You have to goto the list to the left and click on IMAGES 1. the title of the photos is erotic fruit. There are about 5 of them.

By the way...I give TEN 10's to anyone who can pull something like this off this week!!! :)

* This message has been edited by the author on 9/3/2002 7:53:32 PM.
09/04/2002 08:08:17 AM · #22
hmm .. i dont know. that red bell pepper shaped like a woman is just TOO perfect, lol. I bet that one's made of paper mache, or plaster or something ..



Originally posted by hbunch7187:
I found this photo on a web site somewhere and thought is was hilarious, thought I'd share it will you all. Since we were on the fruits and veggies topic...

WARNING EROTIC FRUIT!!!
WARNING EROTIC FRUIT!!!

//chris.com/nutty/index2.html
OH GRR....
You have to goto the list to the left and click on IMAGES 1. the title of the photos is erotic fruit. There are about 5 of them.

By the way...I give TEN 10's to anyone who can pull something like this off this week!!! :


09/04/2002 12:17:58 PM · #23
I'm with ya mag... those are some neat photos, but some of that is too good to be natural :)
09/04/2002 12:46:02 PM · #24
Lisae, still .. you do have kangooros ;-)
This one seems to be a nice guy !
Lionel
09/04/2002 12:53:09 PM · #25
Heather, these are HILARIOUS.

Voice of dissent: "I don't know, they look natural to me..."

Dawn
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/04/2020 03:24:42 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/04/2020 03:24:42 PM EDT.