DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> Photo a Day 2006, Blogger, and Hello
Pages:   ... ...
Showing posts 201 - 225 of 501, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/01/2006 09:18:36 PM · #201
Originally posted by Hye5:

For anyone who ultimately wants to have a print of their PAD once completed, the 2006 PAD template can be found HERE.


Awesome.

Not sure about the color scheme.. I'll have to mess with that. lol.
01/01/2006 09:26:55 PM · #202
First Photo up... I guess I should update my signature.

livitup.blogspot.com
01/01/2006 09:59:15 PM · #203
got mine up too. First photo posted. Thanks again for all the help folks.

drake

blog

Message edited by author 2006-01-01 22:28:51.
01/01/2006 10:03:52 PM · #204
You people with the word verification requirement are killing me.
01/01/2006 10:07:26 PM · #205
Originally posted by mk:

You people with the word verification requirement are killing me.


It's so necessary though. I got 3 spam comments within a couple days of starting my blog. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I'd allowed it to continue as my number of posts grew. As annoying as those things are, it beats letting people try to sell Viagra in my comments.
01/01/2006 10:08:20 PM · #206
I'm gonna give it a try too...

blog.jennifergeck.com
01/01/2006 10:12:31 PM · #207
Wow - I've gone to everyone who was signed up as of yesterday morning so far and there are some great shots in our group efforts. I'm updating the rest of my links now, and will try to get to the rest tonight.

Many thanks to all who've been to visit me, and left comments. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with tomorrow!
01/01/2006 10:13:40 PM · #208
Originally posted by kearock:

Originally posted by mk:

You people with the word verification requirement are killing me.


It's so necessary though. I got 3 spam comments within a couple days of starting my blog. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I'd allowed it to continue as my number of posts grew. As annoying as those things are, it beats letting people try to sell Viagra in my comments.


I moderate my comments for similar reasons. I just reject the spam ads. Moderation is a bit easier for the commenter, since they don't have to do anything special to post.
01/01/2006 10:13:58 PM · #209
Originally posted by kearock:

Originally posted by mk:

You people with the word verification requirement are killing me.


It's so necessary though. I got 3 spam comments within a couple days of starting my blog. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I'd allowed it to continue as my number of posts grew. As annoying as those things are, it beats letting people try to sell Viagra in my comments.


I just wish you could have approved commenters or something. Like a "ooh, mk is the best commenter ever so let me approve her and then she won't have to go crosseyed entering goofy letters in order to post something" button. ;)
01/01/2006 10:16:09 PM · #210
Originally posted by mk:

I just wish you could have approved commenters or something. Like a "ooh, mk is the best commenter ever so let me approve her and then she won't have to go crosseyed entering goofy letters in order to post something" button. ;)


I rescued your notification e-mail from the Junk E-mail folder and marked you as "Not Junk" - does that count?
01/01/2006 10:17:01 PM · #211
Originally posted by A1275:

Originally posted by mk:

I just wish you could have approved commenters or something. Like a "ooh, mk is the best commenter ever so let me approve her and then she won't have to go crosseyed entering goofy letters in order to post something" button. ;)


I rescued your notification e-mail from the Junk E-mail folder and marked you as "Not Junk" - does that count?


lol. I want that as my subtitle.

mk
not junk
01/01/2006 10:31:19 PM · #212
Still over at Buzznet. Looks like a bunch have moved to the blogspot thing, so who knows... maybe I'll pack up and move over there.

But for now, I'll stick with what I know. Only made it 3 months of solid everyday photos, but still kept going with an average of a photo or two a week. I'm gonna stick with it this year though. MARK MY WORDS!! :-)

Day one up Buzznet PAD 2006

Message edited by author 2006-01-01 22:33:01.
01/01/2006 10:42:58 PM · #213
I have a Gallery 2 photo album and know just enough to get it up and running. Can anybody offer assistance so I could add the PaD list to one of the sidebars?

Thanks,
John
01/01/2006 10:51:06 PM · #214
Originally posted by jenesis:

Still over at Buzznet. Looks like a bunch have moved to the blogspot thing, so who knows... maybe I'll pack up and move over there.

But for now, I'll stick with what I know. Only made it 3 months of solid everyday photos, but still kept going with an average of a photo or two a week. I'm gonna stick with it this year though. MARK MY WORDS!! :-)

Day one up Buzznet PAD 2006


I'm staying at Buzznet too...suits my purposes best, and it has become a lot faster lately. I don't write much, only small descriptions of my photos, I like the quick and easy interface which is of prime importance when time is limited for such a long term project...and I did well for 2005...so I won't mess with success! :D

doctornick's PAD 2005-2006
01/01/2006 10:52:05 PM · #215
Originally posted by doctornick:

... and it has become a lot faster lately.


Cuz everyone moved to blogspot. ;)
01/01/2006 10:53:51 PM · #216
Ben, thanks for originating this idea. What a good way to start a new year...Let's hope we all stay motivated enough to keep it going...
01/01/2006 10:57:28 PM · #217
Originally posted by mk:

Originally posted by doctornick:

... and it has become a lot faster lately.


Cuz everyone moved to blogspot. ;)


LOL, cool, I got the whole place to myself! :D :P
01/01/2006 11:02:36 PM · #218
Originally posted by doctornick:


I'm staying at Buzznet too...suits my purposes best, and it has become a lot faster lately. I don't write much, only small descriptions of my photos, I like the quick and easy interface which is of prime importance when time is limited for such a long term project...and I did well for 2005...so I won't mess with success! :D

doctornick's PAD 2005-2006


yeah, it's great for us folks of few words eh? It's hard enough just getting the photo taken care of everyday, let alone trying to think of something witty to say about it. ;-)
01/01/2006 11:04:13 PM · #219
Well, i made the jump and decided to do it as well. I have several dogs, so i expect they will get photographed even more this year. Thanks for the blogspot recommendation. :)

//vluke.blogspot.com/
01/01/2006 11:04:46 PM · #220
Originally posted by rgo:

Ben, thanks for originating this idea. What a good way to start a new year...Let's hope we all stay motivated enough to keep it going...


Here Here!!
01/01/2006 11:05:57 PM · #221
I've lost my mind. I've decided to do two, not one but two, PAD projects.

I'm not even sure I can complete one and now I'm doing two?!?

There is a reason though. My favorite subjects to shoot are animals from the Wildlife Safari in Winston Oregon and this is where I spend most of my photography time. I don't want my Fayes Fotos PAD to be all wild animals, thus,
Faye's Wildlife Safari PAD

Yep I've lost my mind..

01/01/2006 11:22:04 PM · #222
Wooohooo I made it one day, now who is going to e-mail me daily to remind to take AND post the photo every day? Good luck to all who are taking this on.

MattO

Message edited by author 2006-01-01 23:30:34.
01/01/2006 11:49:42 PM · #223
Thanks I started that but the page looks like it will get extrmely long. Is there a way so that the viewer could flip through the pictures?
01/01/2006 11:52:46 PM · #224
Inspired by the 9 pages of thread and many others here, I started my photo-a-day blog.

//2006-photo-a-day.blogspot.com/

Message edited by author 2006-01-01 23:53:02.
01/01/2006 11:55:12 PM · #225
Originally posted by loudzgamer:

Thanks I started that but the page looks like it will get extrmely long. Is there a way so that the viewer could flip through the pictures?


You can customize your template so that it shows just one post a day, or limit the number of posts per day, or leave them all on one page. Also, I saw someone with a flash slideshow but I forgot who it was.
Pages:   ... ...
Current Server Time: 08/05/2021 07:08:35 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/05/2021 07:08:35 AM EDT.