DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Challenge Results >> No cheese, no party!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 33, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/21/2005 02:28:27 AM · #1
Finally,

this challenge finished and I took a look at the voting. I don't think that there were two interpretation of the challenge, for what I saw, but just one. My picture, interpreting the cliché part of the description and not the literal cheese, has been struck by tons of 1,2,3. :-(((

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/268436.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/268436.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I'm really curious to know what was the original intention of the author of the description...

12/21/2005 02:31:28 AM · #2
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/266913.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/266913.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Had cheese all over it and got 60 1's ha! beat that ;-)
12/21/2005 02:38:54 AM · #3
You had 60 1's? I only had 30 and you still placed one above me!
//www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=267612
Out of 18 comments, 16 were "Where's the cheese?". I didn't fully read the description on this one. I was happy to be above a 4.0.

Message edited by author 2005-12-21 02:40:26.
12/21/2005 02:46:23 AM · #4
Originally posted by srugolo:

I'm really curious to know what was the original intention of the author of the description...

Well it's hard to see how you can submit an entry that does not have cheese in it when the details of the challenge state ...

... "Use cheese as the subject of your photo to make your audience smile."

I'm not surprised at the voters negative response to cheeseless images

Brett

Message edited by author 2005-12-21 02:46:56.
12/21/2005 03:00:15 AM · #5
BTW, this is my last post about Cheese, that was the worst challenge I ever saw!

Edit: Forget I said that... lol ... who am I trying to kid :-P

Message edited by author 2005-12-21 14:20:58.
12/21/2005 03:01:41 AM · #6
Originally posted by fotomann_forever:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/266913.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/266913.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Had cheese all over it and got 60 1's ha! beat that ;-)


ya like my comment Leroy? hehhehehehe!
12/21/2005 03:08:09 AM · #7
Originally posted by Rikki:

ya like my comment Leroy? hehhehehehe!


darn it, I was done posting about Cheese ,but yes I did enjoy the comment.

Just proves my point, that to sell a shot with nudity, you must have a sexy model ... lol
12/21/2005 03:09:44 AM · #8
forget that "ugly" model you had for industrial!!!
12/21/2005 03:10:55 AM · #9
Originally posted by JeffryZ:

You had 60 1's? I only had 30 and you still placed one above me!
//www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=267612
Out of 18 comments, 16 were "Where's the cheese?". I didn't fully read the description on this one. I was happy to be above a 4.0.


Just out of interest, why didn't you read the challenge description fully? In each challenge there are so many people that obviously haven't read past the challenge title...I'm just curious to know why.
12/21/2005 03:11:45 AM · #10
Forget it fotoman ... for me your latest nude scored higher :)
12/21/2005 03:15:53 AM · #11
Originally posted by kari1:

Forget it fotoman ... for me your latest nude scored higher :)


Thanks ;-) I'm not at all disappointed though. Some of the comments from the ladies make me feel kinda sexy. Now, back over to the Body Hair thread ;-)
12/21/2005 04:14:35 AM · #12
Originally posted by KiwiPix:

Originally posted by srugolo:

I'm really curious to know what was the original intention of the author of the description...

Well it's hard to see how you can submit an entry that does not have cheese in it when the details of the challenge state ...

... "Use cheese as the subject of your photo to make your audience smile."

I'm not surprised at the voters negative response to cheeseless images

Brett


I don't think it's so hard. I don't think I'm stupid. I clearly read two interpretations (both use a cheesy picture like "SAY CHEESE" or use the cheese literally) and used the dirst.

Is it so hard to understand? I can see a 1,2,3 if I had posted a landscape or an architectural shot, but that was a "say cheese" picture.

S.
12/21/2005 04:59:55 AM · #13
Originally posted by fotomann_forever:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/266913.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/266913.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Had cheese all over it and got 60 1's ha! beat that ;-)


Well done fotoman! This is a classic! It gives hope to all us blokes. Bring on the next nude challenge I say! :p
12/21/2005 05:00:48 AM · #14
Originally posted by srugolo:

(both use a cheesy picture like "SAY CHEESE" or use the cheese literally)

Where does it say "use a cheesy picture"? It says "use cheese".

I'd be pretty happy if I was you. Half the voters agreed with me and half agreed with you. You ended up with a perfect neutral score of 5.493 (5.5 being the median)

Brett

Message edited by author 2005-12-21 05:02:28.
12/21/2005 05:40:51 AM · #15
I have to say that it proves by the submissions that it could have been taken either way. My friends that didn't enter the challenge clearly felt the sameway as I did. The old cliche. I tried to be fair and vote as cheese as the subject be it a smile or cheese. I think the challenge could have gone both ways. I am curious too but I think it was meant as some are to stir it up.
12/21/2005 06:03:14 AM · #16
Originally posted by rebelgirl:

I have to say that it proves by the submissions that it could have been taken either way. My friends that didn't enter the challenge clearly felt the sameway as I did. The old cliche. I tried to be fair and vote as cheese as the subject be it a smile or cheese. I think the challenge could have gone both ways. I am curious too but I think it was meant as some are to stir it up.


Well said Allison! I fully agree. If something is not clear, I think it's far more fair to accept both the interpretations. I actually used the first interpretation but I didn't give 1 or 2 to the cheese entries. My first choice was actually the picture that got the blue.
12/21/2005 06:05:24 AM · #17
The bottom line is that when it comes to your score, it is the VOTER'S intepretation that counts.
12/21/2005 06:06:58 AM · #18
...and fwiw srugolo, I didn't think yours met the challenge, but I could not bring myself to give it less than a five. It is an awesome pic and a 10 in a "Smile" challenge. :)
12/21/2005 06:12:18 AM · #19
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

...and fwiw srugolo, I didn't think yours met the challenge, but I could not bring myself to give it less than a five. It is an awesome pic and a 10 in a "Smile" challenge. :)


Yes. Right. That's what I think being an openmind voter ;-)
12/21/2005 07:45:28 AM · #20
Originally posted by srugolo:

Finally,

this challenge finished and I took a look at the voting. I don't think that there were two interpretation of the challenge, for what I saw, but just one. My picture, interpreting the cliché part of the description and not the literal cheese, has been struck by tons of 1,2,3. :-(((

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/268436.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/420/thumb/268436.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I'm really curious to know what was the original intention of the author of the description...


Strangely enough, your picture is a literal interpretation of the challenge, while ironically, the (troll type literal adherence) voters were looking for a literal interpretation of the challenge explanation. technically, they are right, but you did have a great shot.
12/21/2005 11:17:28 AM · #21
To the OP - your 1, 2, 3 votes were balanced by your 8, 9, 10 votes.
12/21/2005 01:32:45 PM · #22
Wanted to show one of my outtakes. As you can see, it's a bit busy, not as well done, and not as appealing, I thought, as my actual entry. This was done before I got the food coloring I needed, and then I had to consider the top hats all melting. It was just a mess. I spent the rest of the night making my other one with the red ski hat and scarf.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/47117/thumb/271516.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/47117/thumb/271516.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Rose

Message edited by author 2005-12-21 13:37:38.
12/21/2005 01:44:20 PM · #23
Originally posted by Rose8699:

Wanted to show one of my outtakes. As you can see, it's a bit busy, not as well done, and not as appealing, I thought, as my actual entry. This was done before I got the food coloring I needed, and then I had to consider the top hats all melting. It was just a mess. I spent the rest of the night making my other one with the red ski hat and scarf.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/47117/thumb/271516.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/47117/thumb/271516.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Rose


I think Rose has a little too much time on her hands... what does everyone else think? Well she is in Florida... and does not get to play in the real snow! LOL
12/21/2005 01:52:18 PM · #24
Originally posted by youngnova:

I think Rose has a little too much time on her hands... what does everyone else think? Well she is in Florida... and does not get to play in the real snow! LOL


Yeah, just a tad too much time... lol ... Rose, I prefer Cheese over snow too.
12/21/2005 01:53:36 PM · #25
Originally posted by fotomann_forever:

Originally posted by youngnova:

I think Rose has a little too much time on her hands... what does everyone else think? Well she is in Florida... and does not get to play in the real snow! LOL


Yeah, just a tad too much time... lol ... Rose, I prefer Cheese over snow too.


fotomann, I thought yours was great too, I could only look at it long enough to put the 9 in.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/21/2019 11:25:56 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2019 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/21/2019 11:25:56 AM EDT.