DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> idnic = cindi = idnic = cindi
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 98, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/25/2006 10:25:59 PM · #26
.

Message edited by author 2006-03-25 22:33:43.
03/25/2006 10:26:49 PM · #27
Kon-Ben, you can stay up as long as you like. Here have some ice cream and a coke. Oooh you wanna watch Scary Movie 5 again? lol

03/25/2006 10:27:37 PM · #28
Originally posted by ShutterPug:

ShitterPug came about as a combo thingy.


...when your first puppy made a mess on the carpet? ;-)

~Terry
03/25/2006 10:28:27 PM · #29
Originally posted by ClubJuggle:

Originally posted by ShutterPug:

ShitterPug came about as a combo thingy.


...when your first puppy made a mess on the carpet? ;-)

~Terry


They will do that! Bad, Lexi, bad!
03/25/2006 10:30:48 PM · #30
fotomann_forever came about for two different reasons.

In 1999, I was taking courses in German. My German teacher statrted calling me Fotomann.

On Yahoo, I used fotomann99, then in 2000, I changed it to fotomann2000 ... 2001 came around and I was tired of changing screennames so I just put forever after fotomann :-)
03/25/2006 10:32:55 PM · #31
Maybe cos of my accent I didn't get it. We pronounce Noel "nowl" rhyming with "bowl", rather than No L :P
03/25/2006 10:34:22 PM · #32
Originally posted by Konador:

Maybe cos of my accent I didn't get it. We pronounce Noel "nowl" rhyming with "bowl", rather than No L :P


Yea, well you tawlk wrong. :P
03/25/2006 10:41:10 PM · #33
In college, I had an intramural soccer team. I tried to name it "BYE" just to see it on the schedule and to see if the opponents would show up for the games.

The league wouldn't allow that name, so I settled on Nobody. The opponents showed up, but we all got a good laugh.
03/25/2006 10:43:45 PM · #34
Mine is an attempt at a phonetic spelling of what David sounds like when my cousins tried to say my name in Hungarian, as they heard my Hungarian parents say it. Yeah!
03/25/2006 10:43:46 PM · #35
No nickname. Boring nshapiro. My sisters had a nickname for me, but I hated it. I used to do a lot of work with some people from Toulouse France, and one of them always pronounced my name "Nil", as in nothing. :)

But Cindi, you've given us an easy anagram/jumble, and I didn't even see it. That's cool--we do jumbles every day, and I am trying to train myself to see those things more quickly. My kids are natural unscramblers.

Fun thread as always too see the origins of these names.


03/25/2006 10:45:19 PM · #36
Originally posted by Konador:

Maybe cos of my accent I didn't get it. We pronounce Noel "nowl" rhyming with "bowl", rather than No L :P

Makes perfect sense to me!

Originally posted by Nobody:

In college, I had an intramural soccer team. I tried to name it "BYE" just to see it on the schedule and to see if the opponents would show up for the games.

That's hilarious!

03/25/2006 10:51:08 PM · #37
Nobody knows..... the trouble.... I've seen......

heheee
03/25/2006 10:57:09 PM · #38
In my hippie days, they called me "Bear". When I was looking for a screen name, long ago, of course "bear" was taken. I remembered a passage from Gustave Flauberts's "Madame Bovary":

"Whereas the truth is that fullness of soul can sometimes overflow in utter vapidity of language, for none of us can ever express the exact measure of his needs or his thoughts or his sorrows. And human speech is like a cracked kettle on which to tap crude rhythmns for bears to dance to, while we long to make music that will melt the stars..."

So I became Music_for_the_Bears, which I eventually shortened to "Bear_Music".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Robt.

03/25/2006 10:59:43 PM · #39
Originally posted by idnic:

Nobody knows..... the trouble.... I've seen......


She's a bass!

~Terry


03/25/2006 11:01:45 PM · #40
Originally posted by ClubJuggle:

Originally posted by idnic:

Nobody knows..... the trouble.... I've seen......


She's a bass!

~Terry


I thought she was a druish princess. :-)
03/25/2006 11:01:51 PM · #41
Originally posted by ClubJuggle:

Originally posted by idnic:

Nobody knows..... the trouble.... I've seen......


She's a bass!

~Terry


that might explain some of the trouble . . .imagine being a fish and trying to take pictures of dogs . . .hahahah
03/25/2006 11:04:05 PM · #42
Originally posted by idnic:

Nobody knows..... the trouble.... I've seen......

heheee


Hey cidnic, I'll have one of what you're drinkin'
03/25/2006 11:04:17 PM · #43
Originally posted by fotomann_forever:

I thought she was a druish princess. :-)


I knew someone would get it!

~Terry
03/25/2006 11:06:27 PM · #44
Originally posted by ClubJuggle:


I knew someone would get it!

~Terry


Love that movie :-)
03/25/2006 11:07:10 PM · #45
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

In my hippie days, they called me "Bear". When I was looking for a screen name, long ago, of course "bear" was taken. I remembered a passage from Gustave Flauberts's "Madame Bovary":

"Whereas the truth is that fullness of soul can sometimes overflow in utter vapidity of language, for none of us can ever express the exact measure of his needs or his thoughts or his sorrows. And human speech is like a cracked kettle on which to tap crude rhythmns for bears to dance to, while we long to make music that will melt the stars..."

So I became Music_for_the_Bears, which I eventually shortened to "Bear_Music".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That's good. I'll need a good story to explain idnic_music.

Robt.

03/25/2006 11:10:34 PM · #46
Houldn't that be "cisum_idnic"?

mwah!

R.
03/25/2006 11:10:37 PM · #47
I came up with my screen name when AOL Instant Messager first became available to non-AOL users. At the time, screen names were limited to 10 characters.

I tried Juggler, Juggle, IJuggle, and IMAJuggler and a few others, and they were all taken. I tried ClubJuggler and hit the 10-character limit, and in frustration just went with ClubJuggle. I've been using it ever since.

~Terry
03/25/2006 11:16:45 PM · #48
alanfreed = "Alan Freed"

My middle name is "creativity."
03/25/2006 11:18:07 PM · #49
Originally posted by alanfreed:

alanfreed = "Alan Freed"

My middle name is "creativity."


And based on your old screen name, creativity starts with "s?" That's some creative spelling.

~Terry
03/25/2006 11:21:38 PM · #50
Originally posted by ClubJuggle:

Originally posted by ShutterPug:

ShitterPug came about as a combo thingy.


...when your first puppy made a mess on the carpet? ;-)

~Terry


Lol - I am the Queen of typos ! When can we PLEASE have a typo/spell checker?
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/02/2021 07:13:02 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/02/2021 07:13:02 PM EDT.