DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Best of 2002
Pages:  
Showing posts 76 - 100 of 250, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/01/2006 02:11:14 AM · #76
Originally posted by macpapas:

I hope the voters remember that in 2002, digicams were not very high on the megapixel range. We're bound to see some pretty pixelated pictures.

This challenge could almost be renamed the "picture restoration" challenge - those with great post processing skills will obvious have an advantage here.

BTW, I'm in! (Although I had to use April 1, 2006 in order to get in.)


My E10 had 4 million pixels, the first true 4 megapixal digital camera. I feel quite smug now ... ;)
04/01/2006 02:13:09 AM · #77
Holy crap... I may have photos from 2002, but I really doubt I have originals.
04/01/2006 02:16:22 AM · #78
Grrr... I only go back to 2003! (and those are just randoms)
04/01/2006 02:19:40 AM · #79
Originally posted by Rikki:

Hmmm in 2002 i had my P&S... i think 1 megapixel or something... might have to dig through the archives ;)


I had a 1.2 megapixel fujifilm still got it actually but nothing I shot back then that I would be proud of. I think I will still enter anyway should be a bit of fun.
04/01/2006 02:20:34 AM · #80
Originally posted by bandit:

Originally posted by macpapas:

I hope the voters remember that in 2002, digicams were not very high on the megapixel range. We're bound to see some pretty pixelated pictures.

This challenge could almost be renamed the "picture restoration" challenge - those with great post processing skills will obvious have an advantage here.

BTW, I'm in! (Although I had to use April 1, 2006 in order to get in.)


My E10 had 4 million pixels, the first true 4 megapixal digital camera. I feel quite smug now ... ;)


My Finepix 4900Z was state-of-the-art 3.2 Mp and all my originals are archived :-)

R.
04/01/2006 02:21:59 AM · #81
Damn, you beat my 4700Z by 0.8mp :P
04/01/2006 02:22:27 AM · #82
Oh boy - things have changed soooo much since 2002...

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/18655/orig/314442.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/18655/orig/314442.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
04/01/2006 02:23:50 AM · #83
No editing limitations? so text, etc are ok?
04/01/2006 02:25:11 AM · #84
Originally posted by Rikki:

No editing limitations? so text, etc are ok?


That would seem to be the case. The irony is that I have submitted a completely "straight" image...

R.
04/01/2006 02:26:18 AM · #85
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by Rikki:

No editing limitations? so text, etc are ok?


That would seem to be the case. The irony is that I have submitted a completely "straight" image...

R.


So will I ;)
04/01/2006 02:31:06 AM · #86
So far I've coming up with some Girls Gone Wild type shots... LOL
04/01/2006 02:31:08 AM · #87
Originally posted by Rikki:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Originally posted by Rikki:

No editing limitations? so text, etc are ok?


That would seem to be the case. The irony is that I have submitted a completely "straight" image...

R.


So will I ;)


And mine too ... Will this be the top three then?!!!
04/01/2006 02:34:41 AM · #88
Originally posted by bandit:

And mine too ... Will this be the top three then?!!!


I wouldn't count on it in a no-holds-barred editing contest, but I have sentimental reasons to submit my shot :-)

R.
04/01/2006 02:35:44 AM · #89
Mmmmm I don't think my sony Digital Mavica will cut it! 640 x 480 pixel

It shows the the date modified but nothing else :(

Bwaaaahhhhhh
04/01/2006 02:37:14 AM · #90
I didnt have a camera then
So I dip out
04/01/2006 02:37:31 AM · #91
A no-holds barred contest but we're still sticking to Advanced Editing Rules. Gotta love it ;)

I just realized my photo is sooooooo pixelated.

*flexing photoshop skills*

This will definitely test my PP skills ;) Good luck all ;)
04/01/2006 02:41:59 AM · #92
Wait....I did have a ghetto sony back then...hmmmm, may have to see if I can find something...

Message edited by author 2006-04-01 02:43:01.
04/01/2006 02:49:37 AM · #93
I did a little editing, not much. :)
04/01/2006 02:56:01 AM · #94
Has anyone noticed that if you put the actual date of exposure for the photo, you get an error and can't submit?
04/01/2006 02:56:38 AM · #95
Thats just a bug/oversight from the admins, should be fixed soon!
04/01/2006 03:06:28 AM · #96
I don't know whether the images I have have been edited or not, it's been such a long time. Is there a quick way to find out before 7AM server time?
04/01/2006 03:14:01 AM · #97
Originally posted by gloda:

I don't know whether the images I have have been edited or not, it's been such a long time. Is there a quick way to find out before 7AM server time?


right click and look in the properties tab... if it says Photoshop then you're screwed ;)
04/01/2006 03:16:29 AM · #98
;-)



Message edited by author 2006-04-01 03:17:26.
04/01/2006 03:20:31 AM · #99
That doesn't seem to work, it doesn't mention editing software even for those I know have been edited.
I found one of which I'm pretty sure it's original, the horizon was still tilted :)
04/01/2006 03:23:59 AM · #100
I have some taken with a Sony Handycam Camcorder.....LOL Is that digital? ;) Of course, no EXIF data, but it does say when it was created if I right-click in Windows.


Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/24/2021 11:50:09 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/24/2021 11:50:09 AM EST.