DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Tips, Tricks, and Q&A >> can someone translate? (I think Spanish?)
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 7 of 7, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/14/2006 11:03:31 AM · #1
Someone left me this comment on one of my photo galleries at pbase. Any help with translation would be appreciated. I tried Babblefish and came up with nothing close enough to understand.

Não há nenhuma sombra de dúvid
a do seu talento,é magnifico.Também quero ser assim,e confio em DEUS.
06/14/2006 11:08:43 AM · #2
Not spanish but portuguese. Second part is something like :

(Também quero ser assim,e confio em DEUS)
I would like to be like that too and I trust in God.

Sorry but could you please post a link ? It could be useful to translate the first part.

Message edited by author 2006-06-14 11:10:41.
06/14/2006 11:13:13 AM · #3
Originally posted by jpochard:


Não há nenhuma sombra de dúvid
a do seu talento,é magnifico.Também quero ser assim,e confio em DEUS.


I am, for all intents and purposes (not counting 2 years of French in elementary school), mono-lingual. My personal policy is to interpret everything said in another language to be immense praise and gratitude. It may not be accurate but I worry considerably less (unless it's accompanied by pointing and laughing... then I'll re-evaluate my interpretation, haha).

So take the bolded words be reminded that you are talented and magnificent.
06/14/2006 11:18:58 AM · #4
Yes, the quotation is in Portuguese. I think the first line would read (in Portuguese) "Nao ha nenhuma sombra de david". Literally, it means, "there is no shadow of david". As such, it doesn't make a lot of sense. What is the context?
06/14/2006 11:19:16 AM · #5
Originally posted by Mambe:

Not spanish but portuguese. Second part is something like :

(Também quero ser assim,e confio em DEUS)
I would like to be like that too and I trust in God.

Sorry but could you please post a link ? It could be useful to translate the first part.


Link: galllery link
06/14/2006 12:14:30 PM · #6
Originally posted by Germaine:

Yes, the quotation is in Portuguese. I think the first line would read (in Portuguese) "Nao ha nenhuma sombra de david". Literally, it means, "there is no shadow of david". As such, it doesn't make a lot of sense. What is the context?


It would make more sense as não há nenhuma sombra de dúvida. Meaning: "beyond a shadow of a doubt" - or put another way "for certain".

Message edited by author 2006-06-14 12:49:01.
06/14/2006 02:06:44 PM · #7
I speak portuguese. I think it's pretty much settled here. This litterally reads: "There is no shadow of a doubt of your talent; it's magnificent. I also want to be like that, and I trust in God."
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/05/2020 06:33:52 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/05/2020 06:33:52 AM EDT.