DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Individual Photograph Discussion >> lowest scoring photo with one or more favorites...
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 95, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/14/2006 02:48:22 PM · #1
ok... so we talked here in this thread about our highest rated photos that have never received a favorite nod...

now, share your lowest scoring photo to be selected for this honor

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/335/thumb/173436.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/335/thumb/173436.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Ghosts In The Darkness
Late Night
Place: 152 out of 324
Avg : 5.271
Comments: 24
Favorites: 1
07/14/2006 02:49:48 PM · #2
4.627, hehehe

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/490/thumb/331181.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/490/thumb/331181.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/14/2006 02:56:50 PM · #3
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/298/thumb/135477.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/298/thumb/135477.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
5.383

Someone must have been pretty desperate, especially since there were several better submissions with the same idea.
07/14/2006 02:56:56 PM · #4
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/382/thumb/236376.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/382/thumb/236376.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I pushed the description on this shot and added more to the title than I should have. Since the challenge, I've done a re-edit and have sold some copies.

Scored a 5.002

Becky
07/14/2006 02:57:00 PM · #5
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/343/thumb/181168.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/343/thumb/181168.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I just realized that the person who faved it says "Sorry, this account no longer active". Does it still count?
07/14/2006 02:58:56 PM · #6
150 out of 285
5.167
Comments: 19
Favorites: 1

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/484/thumb/324143.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/484/thumb/324143.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Faded Glory
07/14/2006 03:00:52 PM · #7
Originally posted by greatandsmall:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/343/thumb/181168.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/343/thumb/181168.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I just realized that the person who faved it says "Sorry, this account no longer active". Does it still count?


Don't see why it wouldn't count! I think the DOF is awesome on this! Excellent colors as well. Nice work with a magnifying glass. That's not easy!
07/14/2006 03:02:01 PM · #8
Originally posted by electina:


Don't see why it wouldn't count! I think the DOF is awesome on this! Excellent colors as well. Nice work with a magnifying glass. That's not easy!


Thanks, wish I had known about white balance when I processed it. I love DPC!
07/14/2006 03:02:05 PM · #9
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/259/thumb/106699.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/259/thumb/106699.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Place: 137 out of 283 · Avg: 4.869
Votes: 282 · Comments: 6 · Favorites: 1

Message edited by author 2006-07-14 15:02:47.
07/14/2006 03:03:26 PM · #10
Originally posted by hyperfocal:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/298/thumb/135477.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/298/thumb/135477.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
5.383

Someone must have been pretty desperate, especially since there were several better submissions with the same idea.


Maybe you'r framing really made it pop for someone!
07/14/2006 03:06:00 PM · #11
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

4.627, hehehe

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/490/thumb/331181.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/490/thumb/331181.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


eek! It's a cool pic and was great for the challenge if you ask me! I wasn't your favorite, but I did like it pretty well when I saw it in the challenge!
07/14/2006 03:07:58 PM · #12
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/512/thumb/351008.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/512/thumb/351008.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Place: 100 out of 427
Avg (all users): 5.715
Avg (commenters): 8.000 << this is what I like :-)


07/14/2006 03:08:13 PM · #13
Originally posted by kudzu:

ok... so we talked here in this thread about our highest rated photos that have never received a favorite nod...

now, share your lowest scoring photo to be selected for this honor

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/335/thumb/173436.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/335/thumb/173436.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Ghosts In The Darkness
Late Night
Place: 152 out of 324
Avg : 5.271
Comments: 24
Favorites: 1


I just left you a comment on the photo without looking at all the other comments. Then I did look at them. Sorry to be redundant! :)
07/14/2006 03:08:34 PM · #14
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/363/thumb/209692.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/363/thumb/209692.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Place: 94 out of 200
Avg (all users): 5.472
Votes: 233
Comments: 9
Favorites: 1 (view)


07/14/2006 03:10:04 PM · #15
Originally posted by electina:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

4.627, hehehe

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/490/thumb/331181.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/490/thumb/331181.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


eek! It's a cool pic and was great for the challenge if you ask me! I wasn't your favorite, but I did like it pretty well when I saw it in the challenge!

Thanks! I'm just a misunderstood arteest. :-(
07/14/2006 03:11:57 PM · #16
Originally posted by Strikeslip:

your signature


I can't quote your signature (and I am too lazy to copy paste) but its cool :)
07/14/2006 03:11:58 PM · #17
Originally posted by electina:

Originally posted by kudzu:

ok... so we talked here in this thread about our highest rated photos that have never received a favorite nod...

now, share your lowest scoring photo to be selected for this honor

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/335/thumb/173436.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/335/thumb/173436.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Ghosts In The Darkness
Late Night
Place: 152 out of 324
Avg : 5.271
Comments: 24
Favorites: 1


I just left you a comment on the photo without looking at all the other comments. Then I did look at them. Sorry to be redundant! :)


thanks...

you can say that again...

oh... and thanks...
07/14/2006 03:12:42 PM · #18
[/quote]
Thanks! I'm just a misunderstood arteest. :-( [/quote]

I think many of us feel that way here! Keep it up though! At least you're an arteest! (when the price of gold is exactly $380?) :)
07/14/2006 03:17:47 PM · #19
This one never even hit 5.0, but it got a fav... I'm glad someone likes it! :P
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/497/thumb/337501.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/497/thumb/337501.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2006-07-14 15:29:05.
07/14/2006 03:25:33 PM · #20
Oh boy, some people are not going to like this : )

Squeaking in by 0.026 points as my lowest-rated with a "fav" designation is this tribute to a contentious time in the DPC forums ... please note, however, it does attempt to meet the challenge description as explicitly as possible ...

Score: 3.454
Left & Right In Black & White
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/215/thumb/76031.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/215/thumb/76031.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

FWIW this was a close second:

Score: 3.480
Grand Finalé
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/369/thumb/219044.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/369/thumb/219044.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2006-07-14 15:27:08.
07/14/2006 03:27:25 PM · #21
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/508/thumb/346455.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/508/thumb/346455.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' 4.877
07/14/2006 03:29:46 PM · #22
I think I got ya'll beat.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/371/thumb/220518.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/371/thumb/220518.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

5.1 in the challenge and six faves!
07/14/2006 03:29:53 PM · #23
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/458/thumb/302492.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/458/thumb/302492.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I thought it was better than the score.
07/14/2006 03:33:47 PM · #24
Originally posted by vikas:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:

your signature


I can't quote your signature (and I am too lazy to copy paste) but its cool :)

Thanks :-)

Originally posted by electina:

Originally posted by Strikeslip:


Thanks! I'm just a misunderstood arteest. :-(


I think many of us feel that way here! Keep it up though! At least you're an arteest! (when the price of gold is exactly $380?) :)

Good point. I guess I'm an arteest (in my own way) no matter what the price of gold. I should add that to my profile. :-D

Message edited by author 2006-07-14 15:34:37.
07/14/2006 03:34:09 PM · #25
Originally posted by idnic:

This one never even hit 5.0, but it got a fav... I'm glad someone likes it! :P
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/497/thumb/337501.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/497/thumb/337501.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I liked the composition a lot, the evolving sizes and expressions are great. I also didn't really think it conveyed heat so only scored it a 5, but I thought it was nicely presented and shot! Excellent one!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/26/2021 06:49:47 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/26/2021 06:49:47 AM EDT.