DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Individual Photograph Discussion >> Honest criticism, longer comments
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 40, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/28/2006 03:05:16 PM · #1
Need comments? Recently scored lower than expected? New uploads?

In the spirit of elasapo's thread, if anyone wants longer comments and honest, hard criticism with no punches pulled, post your thumbnails here. I'm no expert, but I think I know what makes a good photograph, and I like giving well thought-out comments. I'm not sure I can be the workhorse elasapo is, who's been commenting for two days, but I'll do my best. This is not a one-for-one request, so no need to reciprocate. If you posted in elsapo's thread, let's have a different photo here.

Post your thumbs, if you dare.
07/28/2006 03:09:20 PM · #2
lol. I think people are afraid. :P
07/28/2006 03:12:55 PM · #3
I think so. :)
07/28/2006 03:14:27 PM · #4
since no one else is posting here is mine LOL :p
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17851/thumb/349356.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17851/thumb/349356.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2006-07-28 15:14:34.
07/28/2006 03:15:06 PM · #5
Alright, I'm willing to take some criticism. :) Though the highlights from the candle are a bit blown out, I really enjoyed taking this shot and it is still one of my faves despite the fact that it didn't score very high. Must have been the dark theme I took on... Fire away! ;)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/499/thumb/337780.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/499/thumb/337780.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/28/2006 03:26:03 PM · #6
Originally posted by elsapo:

since no one else is posting here is mine LOL :p
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17851/thumb/349356.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/17851/thumb/349356.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Left a comment... thanks for posting. :)
07/28/2006 03:37:14 PM · #7
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/42256/thumb/367109.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/42256/thumb/367109.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Wanted to enter something like this for the challenge but couldn't and this one was taken a day before Color on Color was announced.

Would love a long comment and know how it would have done!
Thank you in advance Louis :-)

07/28/2006 03:37:59 PM · #8
Originally posted by cutlassdude70:

Alright, I'm willing to take some criticism. :) Though the highlights from the candle are a bit blown out, I really enjoyed taking this shot and it is still one of my faves despite the fact that it didn't score very high. Must have been the dark theme I took on... Fire away! ;)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/499/thumb/337780.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/499/thumb/337780.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Left a comment, thanks.
07/28/2006 03:38:29 PM · #9
Originally posted by Louis:

I'm no expert, but I think I know what makes a good photograph


So, why hold out on us? Tell us what makes a good photograph!
07/28/2006 03:42:45 PM · #10
Originally posted by posthumous:

Originally posted by Louis:

I'm no expert, but I think I know what makes a good photograph


So, why hold out on us? Tell us what makes a good photograph!

Nope, not taking that bait. ;)
07/28/2006 03:43:33 PM · #11
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/364619.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/364619.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Always a pleasure recieving one of your comments Louis.
07/28/2006 03:45:13 PM · #12
You can go to my profile and comment on whatever you want to! I need comments! and I need to improve on skills `cause I suck! jajajaja
07/28/2006 03:49:39 PM · #13
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55642/thumb/369893.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55642/thumb/369893.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I know why the challenge version of this shot suffered, and I think this is much better. It involved some of the most intricate PS work I've ever done, so I'd like to get some comments on it.
07/28/2006 03:50:43 PM · #14
This is one I thought would have scored a little higher and didn't get much feedback. If you feel up to it I'd appreciate your thoughts.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/526/thumb/364428.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/526/thumb/364428.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/28/2006 03:56:09 PM · #15
Originally posted by vikas:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/42256/thumb/367109.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/42256/thumb/367109.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Wanted to enter something like this for the challenge but couldn't and this one was taken a day before Color on Color was announced.

Would love a long comment and know how it would have done!
Thank you in advance Louis :-)

Left a comment, thanks.
07/28/2006 04:04:13 PM · #16
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/475/thumb/314892.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/475/thumb/314892.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I'd love a good solid comment on this one if you've got a minute!
Thanks
07/28/2006 04:04:26 PM · #17
Louis, if you're not already a member, it sounds like the Critique Club is right up your alley.
07/28/2006 04:12:22 PM · #18
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/40679/thumb/361624.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/40679/thumb/361624.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

hm, hard to pick one.
go ahead! and a big thanks!
07/28/2006 04:18:03 PM · #19
Originally posted by Louis:

Originally posted by posthumous:

Originally posted by Louis:

I'm no expert, but I think I know what makes a good photograph


So, why hold out on us? Tell us what makes a good photograph!

Nope, not taking that bait. ;)


ok, since you have a sense of humor, I'll submit a pic :)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50695/thumb/367439.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50695/thumb/367439.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
07/28/2006 04:20:34 PM · #20
Originally posted by timfythetoo:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/364619.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/53147/thumb/364619.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Always a pleasure recieving one of your comments Louis.

Left one, thanks.
07/28/2006 04:26:17 PM · #21
Originally posted by Louis:

Left a comment, thanks.


Thanks for the great insightful comment! :)
07/28/2006 04:33:41 PM · #22
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/523/thumb/362541.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/523/thumb/362541.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
Your thoughts appreciated.
07/28/2006 04:34:59 PM · #23
Originally posted by posthumous:

Originally posted by Louis:

Originally posted by posthumous:

Originally posted by Louis:

I'm no expert, but I think I know what makes a good photograph


So, why hold out on us? Tell us what makes a good photograph!

Nope, not taking that bait. ;)


ok, since you have a sense of humor, I'll submit a pic :)

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50695/thumb/367439.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50695/thumb/367439.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Skipped ahead and commented on this lovely one, going back now (thanks for posting).
07/28/2006 04:42:49 PM · #24
Originally posted by dudephil:

Louis, if you're not already a member, it sounds like the Critique Club is right up your alley.

Already a woefully inadequate member. :/ I neglect my duties there too much to be of much use.
07/28/2006 04:52:22 PM · #25
Originally posted by karmabreeze:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55642/thumb/369893.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/55642/thumb/369893.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I know why the challenge version of this shot suffered, and I think this is much better. It involved some of the most intricate PS work I've ever done, so I'd like to get some comments on it.

Left you a comment, thanks.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 04/04/2020 09:18:04 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 04/04/2020 09:18:04 AM EDT.