DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Transport your transportation scores here.
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 141, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/09/2006 12:10:13 PM · #51
Votes: 45
Views: 65
Avg Vote: 6.0444
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 12:08 pm

Highest I've ever had so far! :)
08/09/2006 12:30:11 PM · #52
Votes: 37
Views: 59
Avg Vote: 4.1622
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 12:10 pm

Wow...I didn't expect this! lol
Looks like I'm vying for the brown!
08/09/2006 12:46:02 PM · #53
Votes: 40
Views: 50
Avg Vote: 5.2250
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 12:42 pm

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........

aaaa.

*KPOOM*

Warning: Falling Rocks... (I mean Votes :P)
08/09/2006 01:25:08 PM · #54
Originally posted by 3eyedcrow:

Votes: 37
Views: 59
Avg Vote: 4.1622
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 12:10 pm

Wow...I didn't expect this! lol
Looks like I'm vying for the brown!


Are you also divergent, friend?

Votes: 46
Views: 60
Avg Vote: 4.4565
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Validation request: Ohh yea.. my first time!
08/09/2006 01:33:18 PM · #55
Votes: 44
Views: 55
Avg Vote: 5.1818
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 01:32 pm

Ok 4s... hold on... I am going to be there in about... hmmm, 2 more hours :P
08/09/2006 01:33:27 PM · #56
Votes: 49
Views: 60
Avg Vote: 5.2041
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

Still going down....surplus of mice and still a shortage of keyboards :(
08/09/2006 01:38:22 PM · #57
Originally posted by focuspoint:

Votes: 44
Views: 55
Avg Vote: 5.1818
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 01:32 pm

Ok 4s... hold on... I am going to be there in about... hmmm, 2 more hours :P


We welcome you!

=)
08/09/2006 02:19:50 PM · #58
Dang... I've been steadily moving up all day and then, bam... I got knocked down to my lowest point so far. :(

Right now = 5.33

And I just got a "3". Sheesh. I know my picture isn't great, but it's not that bad. Maybe it is. I guess some people just have a different way of voting. I've always thought a 5 was for something that was average. 3 is either good but it doesn't quite meet the challenge... or it does and it's a bad picture. I almost never vote a 1... I mean, there's got to be something worse out there. And 2's are reserved for those that make you go "huh?" Oh well.

CR

Message edited by author 2006-08-09 16:16:19.
08/09/2006 02:24:02 PM · #59
Hey Leo, I'm right there with ya!

Votes: 54
Views: 62
Avg Vote: 5.1667
Comments: 2

Lost almost a full point in the past 12 hours...
08/09/2006 03:59:44 PM · #60
Votes: 59
Views: 74
Avg Vote: 6.1017
Comments: 4
Favorites: 1
Wish Lists: 0

Up just a smidge.
08/09/2006 04:05:22 PM · #61
Yeah - im getting so lower scores too...but still pretty happy with the nice score.

Votes: 70
Views: 103
Avg Vote: 6.7429
Comments: 6
Favorites: 0
08/09/2006 04:13:32 PM · #62
There are some evil ones out right now...... Steady dive all afternoon.

Where did I put my pitchfork??
08/09/2006 04:19:03 PM · #63
Originally posted by Nobody:

There are some evil ones out right now...... Steady dive all afternoon.

Where did I put my pitchfork??


Not that I'm happy that your score is getting worse, but it is a little comforting that several of us see the same trend. Maybe their voting patterns are lower than average across the board.

CR
08/09/2006 04:38:07 PM · #64
I'm glad to see I'm in the majority of diving scores. Started at 6.875 this morning and just broke past 6.0 into 5.9XXX in 10 hours.
08/09/2006 06:26:45 PM · #65
I wonder how many people that are taking nose dives have a subject that is not a generic modern day obvious mode of transportation.
08/09/2006 06:33:07 PM · #66
Originally posted by CVette:

I'm glad to see I'm in the majority of diving scores. Started at 6.875 this morning and just broke past 6.0 into 5.9XXX in 10 hours.


Glad, shouldn't be your feeling. But yes, my picture went up steadily all day and now it is diving seriously. The Very "critical" persons came out to vote, or just, lets think they are JEALOUS ;)

Please leave comments at least!!!!
08/09/2006 06:39:11 PM · #67
Originally posted by ltlmschrisss:

I wonder how many people that are taking nose dives have a subject that is not a generic modern day obvious mode of transportation.


Votes: 70
Views: 86
Avg Vote: 5.2714
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

I thought, regardless of these ridiculous votes , that my photo was pretty original and my best entry so far. And the 3 comments are outstanding and say the same thing. Oh well. What really pisses me off, is that these low voters can't even type a few words as to why they are voting it low. Good luck everyone.
08/09/2006 06:40:54 PM · #68
Votes: 59
Views: 73
Avg Vote: 5.1186
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 06:38 pm

Must... hold on... to ... 5s..... with... one.. finger..... argh.... getting tired.... can't hold***
08/09/2006 06:53:17 PM · #69
Originally posted by focuspoint:

Votes: 59
Views: 73
Avg Vote: 5.1186
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 06:38 pm

Must... hold on... to ... 5s..... with... one.. finger..... argh.... getting tired.... can't hold***


Ha! I'm barely holding onto 4!

Votes: 63
Views: 87
Avg Vote: 4.3175
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
08/09/2006 07:18:03 PM · #70
Transportation II

Votes: 56
Views: 87
Avg Vote: 4.6429
Comments: 0
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 08/09/06 07:10 pm

I started out at just above 6 with the first batch and now all day long my score has been taking a big nosedive...Maybe everyone is angry that it isn't Friday yet...
08/09/2006 07:34:59 PM · #71
Doing a little better...lol Maybe i'll break 5

Votes: 61
Views: 84
Avg Vote: 4.8033
Comments: 8
Favorites: 2
08/09/2006 09:11:11 PM · #72
Maybe it's just me but I don't think most of the entries "got" what the topic was. Someone riding a horse in a ring or a fisherman sitting in a boot on a lake isn't "transportation" -- or maybe I'm just being too picky.

In any case, I stopped voting lest my perhaps misguided pique mess up the curve.
08/09/2006 09:17:41 PM · #73
Votes: 69
Views: 87
Avg Vote: 5.8116
Comments: 4

I must have my expectations too high :(
08/09/2006 09:24:20 PM · #74
Originally posted by TomMMD:

Maybe it's just me but I don't think most of the entries "got" what the topic was. Someone riding a horse in a ring or a fisherman sitting in a boot on a lake isn't "transportation" -- or maybe I'm just being too picky.

In any case, I stopped voting lest my perhaps misguided pique mess up the curve.


The common definition is "a means of traveling or of carrying somebody or something from one place to another". Given this I'd have thought a horse being ridden transported the rider from the start to the finish, a boat on a lake was transporting the fisherman from the shore to the fishing spot
08/09/2006 09:37:11 PM · #75
Votes: 80
Views: 99
Avg Vote: 5.2750
Comments: 4
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

10 more votes and 1 more comment...whooohooo. Still not doing as well as I expected, but what the heck. It's all in fun...right?
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/19/2021 01:33:41 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/19/2021 01:33:41 AM EDT.