DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> Fall Creek Falls State Park, TN 14 Apr
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 139, (reverse)
AuthorThread
01/05/2007 09:01:38 PM · #26
Originally posted by mandyturner:

I would love to go but that is my daughters birthday!


Mandy,

Sounds like several will be sticking around Sunday as well - your welcome to visit then. Family is welcome too.

(It's okay, we're really only half this crazy in real life. Then again...)
01/05/2007 09:09:54 PM · #27
Aweeee in all my years in and around Atlanta, I never joined my buddies at FCF when they went each year. Now a different group of buddies going there and again, I can't. :(
01/05/2007 09:16:48 PM · #28
I'm thinking about this. Its about 4.5 hours for me. I'll get back to this thread when the date gets closer.
01/05/2007 09:26:48 PM · #29
Originally posted by idnic:

Aweeee in all my years in and around Atlanta, I never joined my buddies at FCF when they went each year. Now a different group of buddies going there and again, I can't. :(


Dear, Dear Cindi...

You realize this is the second GTG in the Southeast you've missed.

The solution is obvious - hold the next one at YOUR house!!!

01/05/2007 09:38:30 PM · #30
Originally posted by rossbilly:

Originally posted by idnic:

Aweeee in all my years in and around Atlanta, I never joined my buddies at FCF when they went each year. Now a different group of buddies going there and again, I can't. :(


Dear, Dear Cindi...

You realize this is the second GTG in the Southeast you've missed.

The solution is obvious - hold the next one at YOUR house!!!


Sweet! I'll buy the sunscreen! :D
01/05/2007 09:54:35 PM · #31
Originally posted by rossbilly:

...duuuuuude

James, you have SO got the wool pulled over Jen's eyes!

j/k

not really


Hey, I just said he was a nice guy. I never said he wasn't a perv. ;-P

j/k

not really ;)
01/05/2007 09:57:25 PM · #32
Yes, please everyone come!! The more the merrier! Besides, I'm getting tired of looking at all the usual mugs. Just kidding, I WUV you guys!! :-)

We should rename it the Fall Creek Falls Free For All!!!

Oh wait, does that sound bad?? ;)
01/05/2007 10:06:32 PM · #33
Originally posted by jenesis:

Yes, please everyone come!! The more the merrier! Besides, I'm getting tired of looking at all the usual mugs. Just kidding, I WUV you guys!! :-)

We should rename it the Fall Creek Falls Free For All!!!

Oh wait, does that sound bad?? ;)


OMG - Glenda just read your post & said "Well, there IS a 'swinging bridge' to cross"

(I hate when tea spews out of my nostrils!)

no really, there IS a swinging wooden bridge suspended by thick steel cables - great photo op
01/05/2007 10:12:38 PM · #34
Sounds like a wonderful idea!! I don't have anything planned yet...so i will mark it...
01/05/2007 10:18:50 PM · #35
YAAAY!!

Welcome Chrissy - glad to meet ya & can't wait to see you there!

ETA - wow three young ones! (we have 3 daughters, but they are older...I'm NOT being judgemental or anything) You are VERY welcome to bring them but, wow, bet you could use this as a GREAT excuse for a little R&R time (good luck!)

Message edited by author 2007-01-05 22:22:26.
01/05/2007 10:28:00 PM · #36
Thought I would put up a picture of the "swinging bridge"

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/70375/thumb/447978.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/70375/thumb/447978.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

:D

Jojo
01/06/2007 12:02:38 AM · #37
Thanks for the PM Billy. I'd love to attend the GTG. I'll put it on my calendar. My daughter will be there with me and it sounds like she will have lots of youthful companions to pass the time with.

Guess I need to go make some reservations! CYa!
Mike
01/06/2007 12:51:05 PM · #38
Billy, thanks for the PM here, as well. I'll try very hard to make this. One of my favorite rides on my motorcycle, although I will have my 10 year old grandson, who lives with me, along for the ride, so I'll probably take the car considering the stuff we usually haul with us.

I'll keep up with the thread and confirm once we get closer to the date.

And if Cindi does one of these in Jax, I'd love to make that. I grew up in Jax Beach. If she buys the sunscreen...I'll buy the rum.

Dale
01/06/2007 10:27:45 PM · #39
Would love to, but we will be in Wisc. visiting my sister that whole week
01/07/2007 01:05:12 PM · #40
Just a short update...

Some people are showing interest in cabin-sharing, etc. I may take a trip over there in the next few weeks - try to get pics of accomodations, etc.

Still love the idea of a campfire, and I'd be happy to bring firewood/charcoal/food if anyone is interested. Kabobs, chicken, sausage, chops, whatever... Hey! Who else has food in their portfolios? I can't take ALL the blame if its yucky! (who's helpin?) Seriously, Glenda & I love to cook and entertain. Just gimme definite numbers about a week before, so I can bring the right amount of 'grub'. (Donations accepted, as we are struggling artists like the rest of ya!!!) lol

REMEMBER - EVERYONE is welcome!
Enough for now - next decent weather day & I'll ride the bike out there.

Message edited by author 2007-01-07 13:05:53.
01/07/2007 01:26:50 PM · #41
i am still debating. We may camp in our tent. But will wait to see.
01/07/2007 01:30:21 PM · #42
Originally posted by rex:

i am still debating. We may camp in our tent. But will wait to see.


ygm...
01/07/2007 01:42:13 PM · #43
This is about 2 hours from me. We went there a month or so ago and the weather didn't cooperate. I have to check and see if I'm off. Maybe I can drag ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' amster with me! :)
01/07/2007 01:54:40 PM · #44
Originally posted by rayg544:

This is about 2 hours from me. We went there a month or so ago and the weather didn't cooperate. I have to check and see if I'm off. Maybe I can drag ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' amster with me! :)


By all means - drag away!
01/07/2007 02:27:29 PM · #45
How sweet but you certainly don't have to provide food for us! I love to cook also and will be happy to chip in. Maybe we can do a pot luck dinner to differ the cost and work. A campfire and beer sounds like a great night to me!

Originally posted by rossbilly:



Still love the idea of a campfire, and I'd be happy to bring firewood/charcoal/food if anyone is interested. Kabobs, chicken, sausage, chops, whatever... Hey! Who else has food in their portfolios? I can't take ALL the blame if its yucky! (who's helpin?) Seriously, Glenda & I love to cook and entertain. Just gimme definite numbers about a week before, so I can bring the right amount of 'grub'. (Donations accepted, as we are struggling artists like the rest of ya!!!) lol

01/07/2007 02:53:00 PM · #46
Originally posted by jaxed:

How sweet but you certainly don't have to provide food for us! I love to cook also and will be happy to chip in. Maybe we can do a pot luck dinner to differ the cost and work. A campfire and beer sounds like a great night to me!

Originally posted by rossbilly:



(Donations accepted, as we are struggling artists like the rest of ya!!!) lol



beer = great donation... yer covered eden, how do ya want that porkchop? (Michelob Light, thank you very much!)

seeweeusly - absolutely! i was just trying to get people's taste buds goin; maybe even mention this kind of cooking

(BTW - Glenda says 'thanks' for the comment on the redwhite&blue pic! personally, i am staying out of THAT conversation, just cuz i enjoy breathing so much!)

01/07/2007 05:29:15 PM · #47
Coors light here :) Yum, that kind of cooking looks really perfect, I'm starving at the moment ;P Are you planning on staying one night or two?

Originally posted by rossbilly:

Originally posted by jaxed:

How sweet but you certainly don't have to provide food for us! I love to cook also and will be happy to chip in. Maybe we can do a pot luck dinner to differ the cost and work. A campfire and beer sounds like a great night to me!

Originally posted by rossbilly:



(Donations accepted, as we are struggling artists like the rest of ya!!!) lol



beer = great donation... yer covered eden, how do ya want that porkchop? (Michelob Light, thank you very much!)

seeweeusly - absolutely! i was just trying to get people's taste buds goin; maybe even mention this kind of cooking

(BTW - Glenda says 'thanks' for the comment on the redwhite&blue pic! personally, i am staying out of THAT conversation, just cuz i enjoy breathing so much!)
01/07/2007 06:49:24 PM · #48
we're planning to stay friday afternoon til sunday afternoon.

Our daughter brought up a good point - can we get age/gender list of the young ones attending? (she also suggested everyone brings a bunch of model release forms & we all take pics of each other's children - that way we suddenly have a bunch of new models for our business...) kid's too smart for her own good!


01/07/2007 06:55:52 PM · #49
Originally posted by rossbilly:


Our daughter brought up a good point - can we get age/gender list of the young ones attending? (she also suggested everyone brings a bunch of model release forms & we all take pics of each other's children - that way we suddenly have a bunch of new models for our business...) kid's too smart for her own good!


That sounds like a great idea too!!

Boys:
11
10
8
7

May not bring the 7 year old, will have to wait and see :D

My kids do whatever they are told... they are true camera hams :D

(they even offered to wear feathers today!!)

Jojo
01/07/2007 06:55:59 PM · #50
Originally posted by rossbilly:

(she also suggested everyone brings a bunch of model release forms & we all take pics of each other's children - that way we suddenly have a bunch of new models for our business...) kid's too smart for her own good!


Well I don't plan on selling any photos of others kids. I am just there to enjoy life.

My girls ages:

8 & 9

Message edited by author 2007-01-07 18:57:02.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/05/2021 05:32:36 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/05/2021 05:32:36 AM EDT.