DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> Northeastern Pennsylvania GTG- 04/15/2007
Pages:  
Showing posts 126 - 150 of 161, (reverse)
AuthorThread
04/11/2007 10:31:20 PM · #126
I just checked the weather channel and it now says 70% chance of rain.


04/11/2007 10:50:10 PM · #127
At this point, I think I'm voting to put it off for a month or so.

I've really been looking forward to this, but 3.5 hours is a heck of a drive just to have it be rainy and cold all day.

I'm still looking forward to a GTG, but let's let it warm up some first.
04/11/2007 11:56:24 PM · #128
What Stiger said (except that it's more than a 3.5 hour drive for me). I vote we postpone until Spring. :-/
04/12/2007 12:18:43 AM · #129
So long as there are other photogs going, I'm planning on heading down. I just don't want to get there and find out that I'm the only one! The weather may turn out okay, and if not, then we did Ithaca in the pouring rain once, so it's still do-able.

However, if everyone wants to hold off until May 6th, I got the day clear, so I could do that instead.
04/12/2007 09:11:25 AM · #130
Well, for those of us with less than a 3.5 hour drive, why don't we just make a final decision Saturday evening?
04/12/2007 10:54:23 AM · #131
Originally posted by OdysseyF22:

So long as there are other photogs going, I'm planning on heading down. I just don't want to get there and find out that I'm the only one! The weather may turn out okay, and if not, then we did Ithaca in the pouring rain once, so it's still do-able.

However, if everyone wants to hold off until May 6th, I got the day clear, so I could do that instead.


' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15002/thumb/496624.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15002/thumb/496624.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15002/thumb/496627.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15002/thumb/496627.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I drove up to Ricketts this morning to scout it out. It was raining. There is still some snow on the ground. The falls trail is still closed and it is unlikely that it will be open by Sunday. There is a 60% chance of showers on Sunday. With that said, I will be going back on the 15th.

Message edited by author 2007-04-12 11:14:53.
04/12/2007 11:27:26 AM · #132
I am in the Stiger and Scalvert camp on this one. I estimate a six hour drive would get me there, and while I am certain I would enjoy the company of fellow DPC members, it would be nice to think one could get a few nice landscape shots out of this.

Perhaps later in the year might be better.

Ray

Message edited by author 2007-04-12 11:28:30.
04/12/2007 01:10:56 PM · #133
I'll put myself in the "whatever everyone else says" category. With a 4 1/2 hour drive, I don't want to show up only to find that I'm alone... so I'll only go if people are generally planning on making the trip.

Given the crappy forecast (and there's talk of a possible really big storm for late in the day on Sunday), maybe May 6 would be a better plan...
04/12/2007 01:16:14 PM · #134
Rain/snow, strong winds, high temp of 39 degrees... mmm... not exactly a shooter's paradise.
04/12/2007 01:23:27 PM · #135
Originally posted by alanfreed:

I'll put myself in the "whatever everyone else says" category. With a 4 1/2 hour drive, I don't want to show up only to find that I'm alone... so I'll only go if people are generally planning on making the trip.

Given the crappy forecast (and there's talk of a possible really big storm for late in the day on Sunday), maybe May 6 would be a better plan...


I will support the postpone plan..

looks like almost everyone has the opinion if others are coming I will come ... (including me)

I will say a Yes/no will be now needed to finally decide for people who will be driving 3-4 hours or more!
04/12/2007 01:23:35 PM · #136
I can usually make any Sunday. Sundays are optional days at work. But we have a shorter day, get extra pay, and get the next Friday off for working the Sunday. So I'd rather not give all that up if it's gonna be a total waste of a photographic day.

Pick a Sunday later on when it warms up a little and I should be able to make it. If it's warmer, I won't even mind the rain as much.
04/12/2007 01:23:52 PM · #137
Originally posted by alanfreed:

I'll put myself in the "whatever everyone else says" category. With a 4 1/2 hour drive, I don't want to show up only to find that I'm alone... so I'll only go if people are generally planning on making the trip.

Given the crappy forecast (and there's talk of a possible really big storm for late in the day on Sunday), maybe May 6 would be a better plan...


I will most likely go rain or shine because I am so desperate to get out and shoot. I think ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' vikas will join me and it sounds like ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' OdysseyF22 is on board. So if ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' spydr is going anyway, that makes four of us. Is that enough to coax you into making the trip?
04/12/2007 01:24:32 PM · #138
Originally posted by scalvert:

Rain/snow, strong winds, high temp of 39 degrees... mmm... not exactly a shooter's paradise.

Quite true. I can't make it this weekend, but I might be able to find transportation by May 6th.
04/12/2007 01:26:07 PM · #139
Originally posted by eqsite:

Originally posted by alanfreed:

I'll put myself in the "whatever everyone else says" category. With a 4 1/2 hour drive, I don't want to show up only to find that I'm alone... so I'll only go if people are generally planning on making the trip.

Given the crappy forecast (and there's talk of a possible really big storm for late in the day on Sunday), maybe May 6 would be a better plan...


I will most likely go rain or shine because I am so desperate to get out and shoot. I think ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' vikas will join me and it sounds like ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' OdysseyF22 is on board. So if ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' spydr is going anyway, that makes four of us. Is that enough to coax you into making the trip?


Yes I will join!
04/12/2007 01:44:34 PM · #140
I live less that 1 hour away, so I will go. At least to meet up you folks who make it there. I hope people don't feel that they will be forced to try to come to this one, or miss out on the only possible NE PA DPC GTG ever. As soon as we get some real Spring weather we will have another one. I promise I will try to organize it, even though this one is failing miserably.

I guess I better get me some muddin' boots.

04/12/2007 02:00:19 PM · #141
Originally posted by TonyT:

I promise I will try to organize it, even though this one is failing miserably.


Don't let it get you down. There are things in life that we just can't control. Is it always this cold at this time of year in PA? I just moved up here last summer, and I'm wondering if I've got to wait until June to break out the short-sleeve shirts. My wife's worried that I'll drag her back down to GA if it doesn't warm up soon. :)
04/12/2007 03:58:09 PM · #142
It's not normally this cold this late in PA, we've had record breaking temps here in April so far.

BUT Brian's racing has been cancelled for Sunday, so it looks like unless it's pouring I'll be meeting up with you guys. Is it still planned for 10:00am?
04/12/2007 07:12:34 PM · #143
Well, I'm out. This sucks, but I can't make it after all. Sorry if that messes anybody up. If you end up getting together in May, I'll do my best to make that.
04/12/2007 07:26:57 PM · #144
Once classes are finished and maybe if it was closer to Philly...

my '85 Olds will eat gas going up.

Have Fun
04/12/2007 09:07:58 PM · #145
Originally posted by eqsite:

Well, I'm out. This sucks, but I can't make it after all. Sorry if that messes anybody up. If you end up getting together in May, I'll do my best to make that.


Ahh too bad we will miss the GTG :(.. as such the weather wasn't promising!
04/12/2007 09:50:13 PM · #146
10 am. Sunday April 15th. (The worst day that I could have picked.)
04/12/2007 09:52:24 PM · #147
Well, with ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' eqsite and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' vikas falling out, I fear we're running out of people, and I think I'll hold off as well. The weather is looking really bad for that long a drive.

I am now free May 06, if that's still an option for rescheduling. I'm leaving for VT mid-May, so hopefully something works out before then!

Good luck if any of you do make it, and I hope to see the rest of you later!
04/12/2007 10:16:14 PM · #148
Sooooooooo why don't we all just agree to say May 6 is the Official New Date and go from there? Seems like it's a relatively good date for many of us, and we can all hope that Ma Nature will cooperate a little better by then.
04/12/2007 11:12:49 PM · #149
OK, May 6th. Lord willing, I'm in.
04/13/2007 01:15:37 PM · #150
The weather is definitely looking worse & worse, instead of rain it looks like it's going to be snow.
I would most likely be able to make it in May....
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/28/2020 09:12:57 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/28/2020 09:12:57 PM EST.