DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> OR DPC GTG #5?
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 305, (reverse)
AuthorThread
02/26/2007 11:54:55 PM · #1
Well, in my opinon, it's time for another DPC OR GTG. =)
Maybe sometime late-May-ish, so that those of us that are still in school can be done for the year...?
So throw out ideas here, people...Anyone have any specific place they'd like to go this time? Any other ideas?

02/27/2007 12:10:47 AM · #2
I'm in. So far, I'm good for any weekend in May except for May 19.

Brian
02/27/2007 01:17:27 AM · #3
If Chuck's bringing the food again, count me in. :D

02/27/2007 01:32:32 AM · #4
26th is Labor Day Weekend, so you can bet that a lot of people will be on vacation.

Message edited by author 2007-02-27 15:22:44.
02/27/2007 04:50:11 AM · #5
I don't get out of school until the 19th of May. As far as I know, I'm photographing a wedding on the 26th of May. So maybe early June. Like June 2nd? June 9th? Saturday's usually seem to work best.
02/27/2007 11:19:06 AM · #6
I'm up for something, but, as always, can't commit until the last moment so don't plan anything around me. Nothing is goinig to be too purdy for a while anyway.
02/27/2007 11:56:10 AM · #7
Christin,

Thanks for calling out Oregon DPC folks. What about Multnomah Falls and some other waterfalls along the Scenic Gorge Highway such as Bridal Veil, Horsetail (lower & upper) and Latorelle Falls? Just a thought. Oneonta Gorge might be fun (including a little waist deep wading with cameras held overhead!)

Blessings,

David
02/27/2007 01:10:08 PM · #8
Originally posted by Mick:

If Chuck's bringing the food again, count me in. :D

Ditto that. =)

Originally posted by charliebaker:

What about Multnomah Falls and some other waterfalls along the Scenic Gorge Highway such as Bridal Veil, Horsetail (lower & upper) and Latorelle Falls? Just a thought. Oneonta Gorge might be fun (including a little waist deep wading with cameras held overhead!


I was kind of leaning towards Multnomah Falls, myself (on Sunday I went to the Oregon Professional Photographers Convention and saw tons of incredible shots taken at the Falls, so I'm kinda itching to try my hand at it)...as far as the date goes, early June works for me--and yeah, a Saturday would probably be best.

So anyone have any other thoughts/opinions on anything?

02/27/2007 01:11:42 PM · #9
When is this?
02/27/2007 02:27:19 PM · #10
Originally posted by ursula:

When is this?


You thinking of hitching a ride with a logging truck on the way down?
02/28/2007 12:43:44 AM · #11
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

Originally posted by ursula:

When is this?


You thinking of hitching a ride with a logging truck on the way down?


He, he, nah, just maybe taking my trusty Subaru for a ride :)
I would like to see if I can make it to this. Any possibility of camping wherever you guys are going?
02/28/2007 12:53:36 AM · #12
hey im recently new here, i would like to come along
sounds fun!
02/28/2007 12:55:55 AM · #13
Link to Ainsworth State Park near Multnomah Falls
I've never camped at Ainsworth State Park, but it is located just a mile east of Multnomah Falls. Oregon State Parks are first come first served basis.

Hope this helps.
02/28/2007 01:08:55 AM · #14
Originally posted by charliebaker:

Link to Ainsworth State Park near Multnomah Falls
I've never camped at Ainsworth State Park, but it is located just a mile east of Multnomah Falls. Oregon State Parks are first come first served basis.

Hope this helps.


Thank you!
02/28/2007 03:39:09 AM · #15
Originally posted by ursula:

When is this?
Probably the first or second Saturday in June. This sound good to everybody?
02/28/2007 09:41:35 AM · #16
Originally posted by matthewn:

hey im recently new here, i would like to come along
sounds fun!

they always are. =) looking forward to meeting another OR DPCer!
Originally posted by Zoomdak:

Originally posted by ursula:

When is this?
Probably the first or second Saturday in June. This sound good to everybody?

Sounds perfecto to me...
03/01/2007 01:49:27 PM · #17
Originally posted by Zoomdak:

Originally posted by ursula:

When is this?
Probably the first or second Saturday in June. This sound good to everybody?


That would be great. I forgot to ask originally, is it OK if I come? I'm not from Oregon :)
03/01/2007 02:19:20 PM · #18
Originally posted by ursula:

Originally posted by Zoomdak:

Originally posted by ursula:

When is this?
Probably the first or second Saturday in June. This sound good to everybody?


That would be great. I forgot to ask originally, is it OK if I come? I'm not from Oregon :)


I'm not from Oregon either and they let me come last time...
03/01/2007 02:21:02 PM · #19
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

Originally posted by ursula:

Originally posted by Zoomdak:

Originally posted by ursula:

When is this?
Probably the first or second Saturday in June. This sound good to everybody?


That would be great. I forgot to ask originally, is it OK if I come? I'm not from Oregon :)


I'm not from Oregon either and they let me come last time...


Ah, yes. And I'm hoping to meet you :)
03/01/2007 04:55:11 PM · #20
Oops.
I just realized that I made a mistake in my OP--this would be OR DPC GTG # five, not four.
So sorry if that bugs anyone!
03/01/2007 05:12:01 PM · #21
Ursula, if you need to take a break on your way down, we live in Renton. If we're at home on that weekend, you're welcome to our guestroom.
03/01/2007 06:14:15 PM · #22
Originally posted by DrAchoo:

I'm not from Oregon either and they let me come last time...


What are you talking about... Vancouver's just a suburb of Portland. ;p
03/01/2007 06:15:52 PM · #23
Originally posted by chimericvisions:

Originally posted by DrAchoo:

I'm not from Oregon either and they let me come last time...


What are you talking about... Vancouver's just a suburb of Portland. ;p


That's funny, I always though Portland was a suburb off of Vancouver designed to give us somewhere to buy things without sales tax. ;)
03/01/2007 06:41:31 PM · #24
Originally posted by Beetle:

Ursula, if you need to take a break on your way down, we live in Renton. If we're at home on that weekend, you're welcome to our guestroom.


Karin, thanks a big bunch! Sent you a PM.
03/01/2007 10:54:29 PM · #25
Originally posted by christie3:

Oops.
I just realized that I made a mistake in my OP--this would be OR DPC GTG # five, not four.
So sorry if that bugs anyone!
Five? Hmmm
1. Cannon Beach
2. Silver Falls?
3. ____________?
4. Shortsands Beach/Oswald West State Park
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 11/30/2020 10:38:44 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/30/2020 10:38:44 AM EST.