DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> Chattanooga GTG?
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 237, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/13/2007 04:20:03 PM · #51
Originally posted by ericwoo:

Originally posted by AperturePriority:

How far is that from Charlotte, NC? I have a feeling it's a bit too far for a day trip. I'm from southern California and will be in Charlotte for a week (Dec 2-9)

I think its about 5 hours.

I was close to you guys last week. From Charlotte, NC, I drove over to the Pisgah National Forest in western Carolina. So maybe I was just two or three hours away?

At any rate here are some of my photos from last week.

12/13/2007 05:20:58 PM · #52
Originally posted by rex:

It would be nice if we decide all that. I will be leaving my house as early as 7am if needed.


I still say Coolidge Park as we can walk anywhere from there downtown and it's not too far. At the carousel. Amazing hand painted horses and animals on the carousel. Sayyyyy 9 or 10am???
12/13/2007 07:22:42 PM · #53
Originally posted by TCGuru:

Sayyyyy 9 or 10am???


Why so late?
12/13/2007 08:26:14 PM · #54
Originally posted by rex:

Originally posted by TCGuru:

Sayyyyy 9 or 10am???


Why so late?

Doesn't the "golden hour" of photography happen at dawn and at dusk? By 9 or 10 a.m., you start to get harsh lighting.
12/17/2007 12:43:29 PM · #55
Welcome thomaspeople! I added you to the list.

I think Coolidge Park is a great place to meet.
12/17/2007 12:46:57 PM · #56
Forgot to add: I don't know if anyone else knows of this company, U.S. Pipe that apparently shut down in 2006. You can see it travelling on 24 East, coming from west of Chatt.

Anyway, it is a phenomenal junkyard & falling down factory, with piles of rusted pipe 2 or 3 stories high, etc.

I'm going to contact the parent company to see if there's any way I can get inside to photograph. I doubt it - it looks like massive liability if I can - but if I can get inside & anyone else is interested, we could try to plan that for the 19th as well.

Beryl
12/17/2007 12:50:20 PM · #57
Originally posted by Bebe:

Forgot to add: I don't know if anyone else knows of this company, U.S. Pipe that apparently shut down in 2006. You can see it travelling on 24 East, coming from west of Chatt.

Anyway, it is a phenomenal junkyard & falling down factory, with piles of rusted pipe 2 or 3 stories high, etc.

I'm going to contact the parent company to see if there's any way I can get inside to photograph. I doubt it - it looks like massive liability if I can - but if I can get inside & anyone else is interested, we could try to plan that for the 19th as well.

Beryl


Oh yeah that would be awesome. Let me know if you need any help

12/18/2007 07:38:51 PM · #58
Originally posted by Bebe:

Forgot to add: I don't know if anyone else knows of this company, U.S. Pipe that apparently shut down in 2006. You can see it travelling on 24 East, coming from west of Chatt.

Anyway, it is a phenomenal junkyard & falling down factory, with piles of rusted pipe 2 or 3 stories high, etc.

I'm going to contact the parent company to see if there's any way I can get inside to photograph. I doubt it - it looks like massive liability if I can - but if I can get inside & anyone else is interested, we could try to plan that for the 19th as well.

Beryl


I would definitely be interested in that!
12/20/2007 08:26:20 AM · #59
The pipe yard would be great. I think that Christina and I will head up Friday evening and probably spend Sat and Sun night there, too. Where exactly is this park we're meeting?

E
12/20/2007 09:41:05 AM · #60
Originally posted by ericwoo:

The pipe yard would be great. I think that Christina and I will head up Friday evening and probably spend Sat and Sun night there, too. Where exactly is this park we're meeting?

E


It is right smack in the middle of downtown Chattanooga. It's a HUGE park. If you go to the aquarium, then head over the market street bridge and make an immediate right onto Frasier Ave, the park is the whole right side of the street (just behind all those cafes and resturants). You cannot miss the entrance, it has its own traffic light :) So, if the question is where can you stay that is close, the Sheraton Read house is a good choice :)
12/20/2007 01:54:13 PM · #61
I hear the Read House is a great place to stay... (pronounced 'reed' house - its the downtown Sheraton)

Really anything in the downtown area will be plenty close enough. If you guys come up early on Friday, maybe I'll buy ya a couple beers, since I work kinda close to downtown.

eta - yup, jojo beat me to the recommendation; guess we both heard good things LOL

Message edited by author 2007-12-20 13:56:27.
12/21/2007 12:46:50 AM · #62
It just so turns out that I LIKE beers....
12/21/2007 01:27:45 AM · #63
I may try to come - depending on the weather (I'd be driving from SW VA, about 7-8 hours). My mother and her parents are from that area and I used to spend some time at Sewanee too. Sound like fun. :-)

I'll confirm closer to the actual date in January.
12/21/2007 05:41:44 PM · #64
Originally posted by SJCarter:

I may try to come - depending on the weather (I'd be driving from SW VA, about 7-8 hours). My mother and her parents are from that area and I used to spend some time at Sewanee too. Sound like fun. :-)

I'll confirm closer to the actual date in January.


RIGHT ON!!! Woot! This is shaping up to be quite the nice little GTG!!

Sure hope you can make it!! :)
12/21/2007 05:42:24 PM · #65
Originally posted by ericwoo:

It just so turns out that I LIKE beers....


MEEEEE TOO!!! But, you don't really wanna see Jojo tipsy :P I'll have to just have 1.
12/21/2007 08:01:31 PM · #66
Originally posted by TCGuru:

Originally posted by ericwoo:

It just so turns out that I LIKE beers....


MEEEEE TOO!!! But, you don't really wanna see Jojo tipsy :P I'll have to just have 1.


You can have 1...at a time! ;)
12/23/2007 10:50:20 PM · #67
Im gonna throw my name in the mix... I am gonna see what I can do about getting over. I am in LR, so its a bit further of a drive... but I am leaning towards coming.
12/23/2007 11:51:04 PM · #68
Originally posted by gwe21:

Im gonna throw my name in the mix... I am gonna see what I can do about getting over. I am in LR, so its a bit further of a drive... but I am leaning towards coming.


Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! An 8-10 hour drive for a GTG?!?! WooHoo!
12/28/2007 09:42:40 PM · #69
Hey rex, I'm a little out of your way aren't I? But, your offer would indeed rocketh!
12/30/2007 07:59:40 PM · #70
I may try and talk the wife into letting me stay overnight. I just need to find a place to crash.

Message edited by author 2007-12-30 19:59:50.
12/31/2007 10:20:25 AM · #71
Originally posted by BubbaJon:

Originally posted by Bebe:

I know it might be inhibiting to some to have a youngster amongst us so I'll limit her participation a bit.

Ahhhh - if you know it ain't right around kids it just ain't right.
Sounds like a fun time brewing. I did say count me in - right? ;)
I'll check with a couple of the models I know actually between Kevin, Tony and Billy - all the ones I know would be covered.
So Jan 29th?


So, for models. I gabbed with Red on MySpace last night. She's definitely interested in a group shoot. She also has a friend, Morgan she's interested in bringing if we're interested.
12/31/2007 10:23:18 AM · #72
Honestly I think having models there will be too much. I think everyone will be overwhelmed with all the people there trying to get photos and the models will be confused and not know which camera to look at. If they do show up I will not participate in that.
12/31/2007 10:31:42 AM · #73
Yeah, I'm kinda with James on the models. If they do come, cool, but I think that only one or two at a time should shoot the models. I will shoot, but I'll make it after everyone else is happy with their shots.

E
12/31/2007 11:50:59 AM · #74
Originally posted by ericwoo:

Yeah, I'm kinda with James on the models. If they do come, cool, but I think that only one or two at a time should shoot the models. I will shoot, but I'll make it after everyone else is happy with their shots.

E


LOL it could be like The Shot... You have 30 minutes... GO!!! rofl
12/31/2007 12:16:25 PM · #75
I really think it will be to chaotic to make sure everyone gets a turn and to have that involded. When I go to GTG I go to get good landscape shots and meet some fellow DPC'ers not to have a model shoot.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 01/15/2021 05:15:30 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/15/2021 05:15:30 PM EST.