DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Score that car!
Pages:  
Showing posts 51 - 75 of 208, (reverse)
AuthorThread
12/10/2007 10:08:30 AM · #51
I made the classic mistake of doing a last minute photo for this challenge.

I have had some of the best constructive critisism I think I've ever had. cant wait till challenge is over to do a rework of it.
12/10/2007 10:11:58 AM · #52
Originally posted by AlexSaberi:

I made the classic mistake of doing a last minute photo for this challenge.


Me too but I hardly call it a "mistake". When I enter the last minute, it gives me more thrill than if I was prepared days ahead. The last minutes preparation is the rush I tell ya :) and then the scores, that's another rush. It's a good experiment to prepare last minute shots if you ask me.

;)
12/10/2007 10:14:20 AM · #53
true, it is a good test.
12/10/2007 10:21:04 AM · #54
Come on folks - it's about a car ad!
Do we really need the full car to be seen for it to count???!
12/10/2007 10:27:49 AM · #55
EDIT: Why bother....

:-|

Message edited by author 2007-12-10 10:33:58.
12/10/2007 10:29:29 AM · #56
Originally posted by bassbone:

Come on folks - it's about a car ad!
Do we really need the full car to be seen for it to count???!


I wasnt sure about yours, It looked more like a bicycle to me. :P
12/10/2007 10:31:00 AM · #57
An advert for a car isnt just an advert you see in car magazines, it could also be the companies car advertising, opening up more creative ideas.
12/10/2007 10:31:08 AM · #58
Jaime - thanks for the clarification on what my image looked like - now I know why my score is below 5... ;-)

Originally posted by JaimeVinas:


I wasnt sure about yours, It looked more like a bicycle to me. :P
12/10/2007 10:33:26 AM · #59
Alex and everyone else...If it doesn't look like a snapshot for a used car in a dealers sales lot, it is getting a 1 from me :P

Originally posted by AlexSaberi:

An advert for a car isnt just an advert you see in car magazines, it could also be the companies car advertising, opening up more creative ideas.
12/10/2007 10:38:15 AM · #60
I looked at my car's current web site as well as some printed material and tried to recreate some of their shoots. Went on a bit of a stretch and getting some "-" comments on it, also there are some technical issues 'as usual' and I did not have the 50K budget - Ha Ha
12/10/2007 10:39:00 AM · #61
Votes: 45
Views: 75
Avg Vote: 5.7778
Comments: 6
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0

I'm about where I expected this to be. I totally agree w/ the contructive comments I have received and that it would be a hangup for people. Some cool shots in this challenge even w/ the low turnout!
12/10/2007 10:43:05 AM · #62
Geez! What the hell happened overnight? My score dropped .75 since I went to bed. That is a bout the biggest drop I remember. Go back to bed people and get up on the other side will ya?
12/10/2007 10:46:11 AM · #63
Next time people, watch that movie called: "Crazy people" with Dudley Moore. You will get some interesting ideas for car ads. ;)
12/10/2007 12:08:46 PM · #64
Well my score has been all over the place and is still going up and down like a yo-yo. . .

Some great comments, but having now seen my shot on a non calibrated monitor I can also see why I'm losing some points : (

can we make monitor calibration a condition of DPC membership ?

Hey ho . .

Time to sit down and do some voting I think :- )

And jsut a reminder to anyone sitting with their excel trackers who might fret over votes - I always put shots into broad pools first, then move them to their final position once I've had a chance to compare like with like .
12/10/2007 12:17:34 PM · #65
Hmm.. almost a 2 point swing to the negative from the last challenge... this ws a really hard challenge, maybe I should have sat it out.
12/10/2007 12:51:30 PM · #66
Votes: 51
Views: 107
Avg Vote: 4.8235
Comments: 7

I'll fight for the brown!
12/10/2007 12:55:01 PM · #67
.

Message edited by author 2007-12-10 13:02:04.
12/10/2007 12:57:06 PM · #68
Originally posted by Jedusi:

There does seem to be some harsh voting going on - especially for so small a challenge . .

Just curious...what does the number of entries have to do with scoring? There's still a mix of images, both good and bad.
12/10/2007 01:07:50 PM · #69
Originally posted by glad2badad:

Originally posted by Jedusi:

There does seem to be some harsh voting going on - especially for so small a challenge . .

Just curious...what does the number of entries have to do with scoring? There's still a mix of images, both good and bad.


You're not wrong :- )

That's why I went back to edit the remark . .but you had already posted :- )

12/10/2007 01:08:05 PM · #70
I don't know who is giving out all the F-ing 4's but it's pissing me off. CLEARLY my picture is not a 4.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE A 4 LEAVING A GD COMMENT ON WHY YOU THINK THAT IMAGE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Message edited by author 2007-12-10 13:09:36.
12/10/2007 01:26:48 PM · #71
Originally posted by Lowcivicman99:

I don't know who is giving out all the F-ing 4's but it's pissing me off. CLEARLY my picture is not a 4.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE A 4 LEAVING A GD COMMENT ON WHY YOU THINK THAT IMAGE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I haven't given out any 4's - but it's not to late :- P

My shot is currently sinking with every vote it gets , so you have my sympathies . .
12/10/2007 01:50:00 PM · #72
Originally posted by jbsmithana:

Geez! What the hell happened overnight? My score dropped .75 since I went to bed. That is a bout the biggest drop I remember. Go back to bed people and get up on the other side will ya?


Down another .2 since I got up. I like last nights voters much better.
12/10/2007 01:55:04 PM · #73
are there any 7s still left around in this challenge?
12/10/2007 02:20:41 PM · #74
Originally posted by JaimeVinas:

are there any 7s still left around in this challenge?


I DOUBT IT WINNING SCORE IS GOING TO BE A DAMN 5.1
12/10/2007 02:23:51 PM · #75
There are always monster scores lurking in the darkness..They like to get the hopes up of the mid sixes..lol.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 11/24/2020 04:49:42 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/24/2020 04:49:42 PM EST.