DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> Alien Bee Cords
Showing posts 1 - 6 of 6, (reverse)
12/18/2007 12:19:33 PM · #1
Are the cords that attach to the alien bee strobe specific to alien bees? Or can I pick one of theses up at a local hardward store. I can not find a close up picutre of one, so someone with a alien bee might be able to anwser this.

The 15 foot cord is what i am looking for (upc15)

If they are available, what would they be called?

Thanks in advanced
12/18/2007 12:26:51 PM · #2
It should be a standard power cord. The AB cords are just long so you can move around the flash units and/or set them high overhead.
12/18/2007 12:28:15 PM · #3
The end that plugs into the strobe looks just like a computer or a monitor's power cord. Not special in any way. The other end is standard 3-prong plug. You should be able to pick one up anywhere.

12/18/2007 12:30:18 PM · #4
Something like this should work fine.
12/18/2007 01:02:47 PM · #5
Had an extra PC power cord sitting around. I think I have about 20 of the damn things. Anyway I plugged it into the Alien Bee and test fired it and it worked fine. So a PC power cord should work fine. You can probably get one and any local computer store.
12/18/2007 01:50:32 PM · #6
thanks! sometimes i just have silly questions like this

im glad i can post them here worry free!

thanks for anwsering guys
Current Server Time: 10/20/2020 11:04:43 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.

Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/20/2020 11:04:43 AM EDT.