DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Side Challenges and Tournaments >> Team USA Joker's Hideout
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 420, (reverse)
AuthorThread
06/29/2008 03:22:48 AM · #1
Welcome Jokers and friends to the hideout!

Steve ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' socalsteve
Kim ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' onesaint
Jack ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' jaxter
Kari ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' photokariangel
Ben ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' bspurgeon
Jake ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' jaker
David ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' dtremain
Dawn ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' photomouse

Message edited by author 2008-07-02 00:56:57.
06/29/2008 10:34:22 AM · #2
Sample jersey. PMd you as well. Any suggestions? If you have preferred number let me know. I'll add the names (usernames?) today. I'm not married to these jerseys, so I have no problem changing things around, or using a totally different design.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692872.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692872.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

06/29/2008 10:41:12 AM · #3
They look good to me!

May sound like a dunb question, but I need I quick rundown of exactly how this works. I started reading the thread from the begining, but about two pages in I was more confused than when I started. Skipped to the last page to see if the details had been worked out, and everybody seemed cranky and upset. lol
06/29/2008 10:49:54 AM · #4
Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Sample jersey. PMd you as well. Any suggestions? If you have preferred number let me know. I'll add the names (usernames?) today. I'm not married to these jerseys, so I have no problem changing things around, or using a totally different design.


Number thirteen for me please... it's always been lucky. They look great to me Ben. Just out of curiosity, what does the "C" on the right shoulder stand for?

Jack
06/29/2008 10:57:29 AM · #5
Originally posted by Jaker:

They look good to me!

May sound like a dunb question, but I need I quick rundown of exactly how this works. I started reading the thread from the begining, but about two pages in I was more confused than when I started. Skipped to the last page to see if the details had been worked out, and everybody seemed cranky and upset. lol


In brief, challenges are based on the Exclusive Open challenges (n.b. Tuesday night). We each enter one of the challenges. After rollover then our team earns points based on the average of the 5 highest scores. I believe they will be averaging the averages. First bracket will last 8 weeks.
06/29/2008 10:57:48 AM · #6
Originally posted by jaxter:

Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Sample jersey. PMd you as well. Any suggestions? If you have preferred number let me know. I'll add the names (usernames?) today. I'm not married to these jerseys, so I have no problem changing things around, or using a totally different design.


Number thirteen for me please... it's always been lucky. They look great to me Ben. Just out of curiosity, what does the "C" on the right shoulder stand for?

Jack


Captain
06/29/2008 11:18:42 AM · #7
Can you change to batman theme? Otherwise they look good to me - you'll do them in the horizontal line-up as is apparently customary?

I'll take #66 if that's ok.

Thanks for doing this!

Steve
06/29/2008 11:25:16 AM · #8
Option 2
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/29/2008 11:28:31 AM · #9
Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Option 2
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I think this would look good without the George W verbage of "I Want You" as well, but it is a cool image from the upcoming movie.
06/29/2008 11:29:03 AM · #10
Originally posted by socalsteve:

Can you change to batman theme? Otherwise they look good to me - you'll do them in the horizontal line-up as is apparently customary?

I'll take #66 if that's ok.

Thanks for doing this!

Steve


OK
06/29/2008 11:32:29 AM · #11
Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Option 2
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I think this would look good without the George W verbage of "I Want You" as well, but it is a cool image from the upcoming movie.


Looks cool but hard to make out when it's small - maybe just his face?
06/29/2008 12:29:30 PM · #12
Originally posted by socalsteve:

Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Option 2
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692878.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I think this would look good without the George W verbage of "I Want You" as well, but it is a cool image from the upcoming movie.


Looks cool but hard to make out when it's small - maybe just his face?


It will bigger as a single jersey. I'll post samples of both at some point today as well as the banner. I have some broken sprinklers that need some attention.
06/29/2008 12:45:01 PM · #13
OK... So all members of the team can enter the challenges, but the scores will be averaged off of the top 5. Got it. Do we share with each other what our images are, get team advice, etc... Or do we just post as normal?

As for the Jerseys, I think I like option 1 better, but I'm easy to please. Can I have 00?
06/29/2008 02:02:00 PM · #14
Originally posted by Jaker:

OK... So all members of the team can enter the challenges, but the scores will be averaged off of the top 5. Got it. Do we share with each other what our images are, get team advice, etc... Or do we just post as normal?

As for the Jerseys, I think I like option 1 better, but I'm easy to please. Can I have 00?


Yes to the number.

One vote for option 1

Two votes for option 2 (Ben, Steve)

06/29/2008 02:02:27 PM · #15
Without the verbage

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692956.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692956.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/29/2008 04:17:22 PM · #16
I definitely like the Jersey better now that it doesn't have the wording. What picky bunch we are! lol
06/29/2008 04:48:53 PM · #17
Originally posted by bspurgeon:

Without the verbage

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692956.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/692956.jpg', '/') + 1) . '


I like this better too! I'm on the fence about color, probably white though. Take a look at Judi's signature for how they'll line up small (my comment about the face size). Figure 40 pixels high (as the other icons in my sig below.
06/29/2008 06:27:52 PM · #18
More samples.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693063.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693063.jpg', '/') + 1) . '' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693064.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693064.jpg', '/') + 1) . '' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693065.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693065.jpg', '/') + 1) . '' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693069.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/54645/120/693069.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
06/29/2008 06:35:01 PM · #19
I definitely like option 2 without verbage best. Good work on these Ben and thanks for taking the reins and making them for the team.

Jack
06/29/2008 07:26:54 PM · #20
Ben,great job! Can I get a #77, in white? Thanks man, your the bee's knees.
06/29/2008 08:35:06 PM · #21
Nice job on the jerseys Ben. I'm not picky about the design, but I would like to be number 99 if it's not already spoken for.
06/29/2008 11:47:55 PM · #22
Originally posted by photokariangel:

Ben,great job! Can I get a #77, in white? Thanks man, your the bee's knees.


Yep.
06/29/2008 11:48:42 PM · #23
Originally posted by cogerox:

Nice job on the jerseys Ben. I'm not picky about the design, but I would like to be number 99 if it's not already spoken for.


Thanks, but all I did was swap colors and some masking. ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' yanko created the templates.
06/29/2008 11:48:42 PM · #24
Originally posted by cogerox:

Nice job on the jerseys Ben. I'm not picky about the design, but I would like to be number 99 if it's not already spoken for.


Thanks, but all I did was swap colors and some masking. ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' yanko created the templates.
06/30/2008 08:40:18 AM · #25
Hey Ben - any way to make the name writing bigger so that it is readable at the small size?
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 01/28/2021 04:09:39 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/28/2021 04:09:39 AM EST.