DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Drink it up....beverage scores!
Pages:  
Showing posts 76 - 87 of 87, (reverse)
AuthorThread
07/19/2008 11:08:34 PM · #76
Originally posted by semperwife:

My husband ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' sempermarine says this is a fantastic score, but I think he may be trying to be nice.


he's right....that's a really great score around here.
i'm barely hanging onto 5.1
07/20/2008 12:14:18 AM · #77
Mines been doing great and got as high as 5.9, but then dropping steadily the past 24 hours or so.

Votes: 180
Views: 322
Avg Vote: 5.6667
07/20/2008 02:58:55 AM · #78
mines been falling like a rock. but in the meantime, "You have rated 110 of 111 images (99%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 110 images (99%) in this challenge."
07/20/2008 07:53:56 AM · #79
Originally posted by jhomrighaus:

Hey, this is my first contest, I joined the day it ended. I ran around for 2 hours like 4 hours before the deadline and threw together a shot and these are my score so far. Does this mean I suck? or is this normal for newbies or is it a total crapshoot most of the time? I do have some great ideas for the current contest however so we will see if I can improve on this.

Votes: 122
Views: 201
Avg Vote: 4.4262
Comments: 2

What do you all think?
Thanks,
Jason

You've got an image that's technically fine, a good exposure, good color balance, and the subject is in focus. By every technical merit, you know how to use a camera, and I can say that because I've voted on every entry and absolutely none of them sucked in that regard.

I'm repeating something said by another forum member, and I can't remember who. The most likely reason you're getting slammed is because your image isn't simple and eye-catching. There are close to 200 entries to rate, and nobody's going to give more than a few seconds of consideration to an image before rating it and moving on to the next.

Wanna learn fast? Join istockphoto.com and register as a contributer. You'll have to send them 3 sample images. It doesn't really matter how much you suck. If they reject you, they will tell you why, send you some tutorial links, and tell you to send in 3 fresh images in three days.
07/20/2008 11:51:18 AM · #80
Originally posted by scrybz:


You've got an image that's technically fine, a good exposure, good color balance, and the subject is in focus. By every technical merit, you know how to use a camera, and I can say that because I've voted on every entry and absolutely none of them sucked in that regard.

I'm repeating something said by another forum member, and I can't remember who. The most likely reason you're getting slammed is because your image isn't simple and eye-catching. There are close to 200 entries to rate, and nobody's going to give more than a few seconds of consideration to an image before rating it and moving on to the next.

Wanna learn fast? Join istockphoto.com and register as a contributer. You'll have to send them 3 sample images. It doesn't really matter how much you suck. If they reject you, they will tell you why, send you some tutorial links, and tell you to send in 3 fresh images in three days.


How can you say that without seeing his image? I actually thought this challenge lacked quality entries and it's one of the ugliest challenges I have voted on so far. jop though, no worries. Can't wait to see the results tonight.

jop = just our opinions
07/20/2008 12:14:18 PM · #81
Originally posted by scrybz:

Originally posted by jhomrighaus:

Hey, this is my first contest, I joined the day it ended. I ran around for 2 hours like 4 hours before the deadline and threw together a shot and these are my score so far. Does this mean I suck?

You've got an image that's technically fine, a good exposure, good color balance, and the subject is in focus. By every technical merit, you know how to use a camera, and I can say that because I've voted on every entry and absolutely none of them sucked in that regard.


In the spirit of actually helping you improve, here's some honesty. A large portion of the images in this challenge suck. Poorly composed, horrendously lit, and about as creative as a monkey at a typewriter. So since it's your first challenge and you are taking it in the shorts with your score, read through the comments on all the entries after the image ends. Assuming a few people left accurate feedback and not more mindless and false compliments, you can educate yourself about what sort of photo works well on DPC.
07/20/2008 12:20:49 PM · #82
Originally posted by violinist123:

Originally posted by scrybz:

Originally posted by jhomrighaus:

Hey, this is my first contest, I joined the day it ended. I ran around for 2 hours like 4 hours before the deadline and threw together a shot and these are my score so far. Does this mean I suck?

You've got an image that's technically fine, a good exposure, good color balance, and the subject is in focus. By every technical merit, you know how to use a camera, and I can say that because I've voted on every entry and absolutely none of them sucked in that regard.


In the spirit of actually helping you improve, here's some honesty. A large portion of the images in this challenge suck. Poorly composed, horrendously lit, and about as creative as a monkey at a typewriter. So since it's your first challenge and you are taking it in the shorts with your score, read through the comments on all the entries after the image ends. Assuming a few people left accurate feedback and not more mindless and false compliments, you can educate yourself about what sort of photo works well on DPC.


I'm glad I am not the only one who thought so.
07/20/2008 12:31:59 PM · #83
Originally posted by Jac:


<snip>
Can't wait to see the results tonight.
</snip>


Now, I know you Canadians are in a different time zone but I'll be waiting a couple more days for the results ;)
07/20/2008 12:42:17 PM · #84
Originally posted by Ecce Signum:

Originally posted by Jac:


<snip>
Can't wait to see the results tonight.
</snip>


Now, I know you Canadians are in a different time zone but I'll be waiting a couple more days for the results ;)


Dang. I meant Tuesday. I'm working on my Sugar challenge and it's due tonight so I got them mixed up. I do that a lot. I work on the challenges that are due later rather than the ones due sooner. It's the Canadian way I tell ya. ;\
07/20/2008 05:00:06 PM · #85
i wish i could leave more comments
but most of them are so BLAND it isnt worth it
no perspiration

no inspiration
no nothing

shame on you
07/21/2008 01:39:30 PM · #86
Votes: 199
Views: 316
Avg Vote: 5.1307
Comments: 7
Favorites: 0

I can't believe the number of views vs votes. What's up with that??

Seems like this one is taking forever to end.. of course it could be that I'm still waiting for mine to be validated.. How long does that typically take?? The suspense is killing me. ;o
07/22/2008 11:30:35 PM · #87
*happy dance*!

Votes: 253
Views: 443
Avg Vote: 6.xxxx
Comments: 23
Favorites: 1
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 07/22/08 11:28 pm
Status: Your submission has been validated, thank you.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/11/2020 11:50:29 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/11/2020 11:50:29 AM EDT.