DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> D700 warning
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 45 of 45, (reverse)
AuthorThread
08/28/2008 03:57:46 AM · #26
Originally posted by BeeCee:

Originally posted by jdannels:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

They've also had problems on DPReviews with him creating multiple accounts and posting in support of himself, etc. Other sites have had similar experiences with him.

Aww it makes sense now, he's a shewho! :P


Lol, exactly my thought!!


ok.... what's a shewho?
08/28/2008 04:03:15 AM · #27
Originally posted by crayon:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

Originally posted by jdannels:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

They've also had problems on DPReviews with him creating multiple accounts and posting in support of himself, etc. Other sites have had similar experiences with him.

Aww it makes sense now, he's a shewho! :P


Lol, exactly my thought!!


ok.... what's a shewho?


It's kind of like a hewho but with feathers.
08/28/2008 04:10:00 AM · #28
Originally posted by togtog:

It's kind of like a hewho but with feathers.

sounds like a bird or something eh?
08/28/2008 04:33:56 AM · #29
It's a long, ancient story of one who refused to die, and can not be named because that would bring down the curse upon all of DPC.... hence she is referred to as "she who can not be named", aka shewho...

*insert twilight zone music here*
08/28/2008 04:34:29 AM · #30
Originally posted by togtog:

Originally posted by crayon:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

Originally posted by jdannels:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

They've also had problems on DPReviews with him creating multiple accounts and posting in support of himself, etc. Other sites have had similar experiences with him.

Aww it makes sense now, he's a shewho! :P


Lol, exactly my thought!!


ok.... what's a shewho?


It's kind of like a hewho but with feathers.


I thought it was petals, not feathers.
08/28/2008 04:39:38 AM · #31
Originally posted by BeeCee:

I thought it was petals, not feathers.

i know now! hey, i'm not a newbie :p i was around when it happened! we really cant mention her name or she'll return?
08/28/2008 05:54:38 AM · #32
Originally posted by BeeCee:

One of the threads had someone asking why he didn't speak in his videos and he said it was because he was deaf...

ROFLMAO ;-) BeeCee, you just made me splutter my tea all over my monitor at work ;-))
I've taken over 3000 shots with my D700, no problems at all. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe that guy's talking a lot of BS.
08/28/2008 05:59:04 AM · #33
Originally posted by IreneM:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

One of the threads had someone asking why he didn't speak in his videos and he said it was because he was deaf...

ROFLMAO ;-) BeeCee, you just made me splutter my tea all over my monitor at work ;-))
I've taken over 3000 shots with my D700, no problems at all. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe that guy's talking a lot of BS.


like i said above, Irene... if what that shewho said is true, then your winnings should be regarded even more highly! just read his list of issues with the D700 for pete's sake! :p
08/28/2008 07:13:04 AM · #34
Originally posted by spiritualspatula:


ETA All of this guy's credentials are non-existent and I would treat all things he says as completely worthless. He invents products and incorrectly lists characteristics of real ones.


Darnit, I really wanted a D7! :(
08/28/2008 07:15:53 AM · #35
Originally posted by BeeCee:

It's a long, ancient story of one who refused to die, and can not be named because that would bring down the curse upon all of DPC.... hence she is referred to as "she who can not be named", aka shewho...

*insert twilight zone music here*


Aw hell, saying "Rose" will cause no bad luck. That's irrational. See nothing happenjf9*^z^*Z(%#(%&%)#(#%*%(* NO CARRIER
08/28/2008 07:21:41 AM · #36
Originally posted by fir3bird:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

It's a long, ancient story of one who refused to die, and can not be named because that would bring down the curse upon all of DPC.... hence she is referred to as "she who can not be named", aka shewho...

*insert twilight zone music here*


Aw hell, saying "Rose" will cause no bad luck.

Yes, it will. It's like saying "Bloody Mary" in front of a mirror ;-) If my darling D700 dies, I'll know who to blame ;-))
08/28/2008 07:49:26 AM · #37
Originally posted by IreneM:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

One of the threads had someone asking why he didn't speak in his videos and he said it was because he was deaf...

ROFLMAO ;-) BeeCee, you just made me splutter my tea all over my monitor at work ;-))
I've taken over 3000 shots with my D700, no problems at all. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe that guy's talking a lot of BS.


I hope you got a photo of the droplets on the monitor. I'm sure it will be your next ribbon. :D

Matt
08/28/2008 10:29:32 AM · #38
Ah, "she-who"... I thought it was "shew-ho"... no wonder I couldn't figure it out!
08/28/2008 11:21:54 AM · #39
I think this kid's in a lot of trouble. Nikon legal is apparently investigating his claim to be an NPS member as of July, and here he is in August apparently making false claims about one of their products -- a rival to the more expensive version he owns (D3).
08/28/2008 11:58:07 AM · #40
Direct quote from his "Nikon Help Page":

Question: Why did you abuse your equipments?
Answer: Real full-time working professionals have to do something like this to see what their equipments are capable of, so, they will worry much lesser while working important events.


That's lovely, isn't it?

see the page here

R.
08/28/2008 12:45:11 PM · #41
Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Direct quote from his "Nikon Help Page":

Question: Why did you abuse your equipments?
Answer: Real full-time working professionals have to do something like this to see what their equipments are capable of, so, they will worry much lesser while working important events.


That's lovely, isn't it?

see the page here

R.

I can't believe Nikon would condone this guy's behavior.
08/28/2008 01:49:35 PM · #42
Originally posted by crayon:

Originally posted by BeeCee:

I thought it was petals, not feathers.

i know now! hey, i'm not a newbie :p i was around when it happened! we really cant mention her name or she'll return?


I know, you've been hiding behind the drapes here forever, I think.
But then you should recall the whole story, lest those who forget history be destined to repeat it... *more ominous music*
08/28/2008 01:51:48 PM · #43
Originally posted by Louis:

I think this kid's in a lot of trouble. Nikon legal is apparently investigating his claim to be an NPS member as of July, and here he is in August apparently making false claims about one of their products -- a rival to the more expensive version he owns (D3).


National Geographic has apparently also sent his claims to their legal department. What does anyone want to bet that this guy just vanishes in the next few months, as if he never existed?
08/28/2008 02:02:21 PM · #44
Originally posted by BeeCee:

Originally posted by Louis:

I think this kid's in a lot of trouble. Nikon legal is apparently investigating his claim to be an NPS member as of July, and here he is in August apparently making false claims about one of their products -- a rival to the more expensive version he owns (D3).


National Geographic has apparently also sent his claims to their legal department. What does anyone want to bet that this guy just vanishes in the next few months, as if he never existed?


Yep...it is a goodbye! Do you think he will be in trouble, i meant juridically?

Message edited by author 2008-08-28 14:03:02.
08/28/2008 09:23:49 PM · #45
Originally posted by NikonJeb:

Originally posted by Bear_Music:

Direct quote from his "Nikon Help Page":

Question: Why did you abuse your equipments?
Answer: Real full-time working professionals have to do something like this to see what their equipments are capable of, so, they will worry much lesser while working important events.


That's lovely, isn't it?

see the page here

R.

I can't believe Nikon would condone this guy's behavior.


They don't.
Just like National Geographic would never condone him ripping off their graphic design for his photo signature. As for him disappearing, if you dig some through all the dpreview stuff, he's come back as another user before. Guy seriously seems to hav some strange issues and an unlimited bank account- never a good combination.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 10/29/2020 05:10:47 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/29/2020 05:10:47 PM EDT.