DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Side Challenges and Tournaments >> DPCO III USA Southwest Love Shack
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 327, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/03/2008 05:38:47 PM · #1
Here is the new crew.

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' onesaint
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' socalsteve
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' bspurgeon
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' ti_evom
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' ambaker
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' lydiatoo
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' colorcarnival
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' photomouse

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/54645/orig/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_720330.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/54645/orig/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_720330.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2008-09-10 02:30:35.
09/03/2008 05:45:09 PM · #2
In the interest of the olympic spirit, I would like to say hello from the caddycorner US team. While I am from Florida currently, I did grow up in Iowa, which is no where near the Northeast, but that's the team I landed on. :-)

You've got a bunch of DPCOII Jokers on this team, and I for one can say we had a great bunch of people. Here's to a rewarding go around this time!
09/03/2008 05:50:20 PM · #3
Originally posted by Jaker:

... I did grow up in Iowa...


What part of Iowa? I was born in Illinois, grew up in Iowa and then hubby decided to join the Navy and we've been all over.

I was sad to see that that the Jokers couldn't all stay together, but once a Joker always a Joker right?!

Here's to a great Olympic challenge!!
09/03/2008 06:29:44 PM · #4
Maybe we can do pre-season trades! LOL

Yes, Those Jokers lost will be sorely missed. But we must also make room for our new SWUSA teammates! go uhhh SWUS err SWUSA or ummm USASW? us over here! YEAH!
09/03/2008 06:34:14 PM · #5
Oh no, I can't be on the same team as other Iowans. :-O I too spent part of my yewt growing up in SE Iowa. Keosauqua to be exact. I started school there and went until the 2nd grade. I still have half of my family down there.

I think we should just change the name of the team now to Idiots Out Wandering Around....With Cameras! :-p
09/03/2008 06:39:34 PM · #6
Originally posted by ti_evom:

Oh no, I can't be on the same team as other Iowans. :-O I too spent part of my yewt growing up in SE Iowa. Keosauqua to be exact. I started school there and went until the 2nd grade. I still have half of my family down there.

I think we should just change the name of the team now to Idiots Out Wandering Around....With Cameras! :-p


LMFAO!!!! I grew up in SE Iowa too, in the Ottumwa area, home of Radar from M.A.S.H.

Hmmm, what should we call ourselves, SWUSA, SWUS, USASW... none of em really have a ring to em do they...
09/03/2008 06:45:16 PM · #7
Sounds like we should call ourselves the "US Rednecks" based on this thread...
09/03/2008 06:46:30 PM · #8
LOL @ all of you! Fun group! I'm glad to be a part of it.

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' ti_evom, I'm looking forward to getting to know you in our 'secret meeting place'. PM ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' bspurgeon, for details if you haven't already!
09/03/2008 06:48:02 PM · #9
Oh geez, that's too close. My folks live in Eldon (home of Tom Arnold and the American Gothic painting) and my aunt/uncles/cousins live in Keo. I went to school in Dowds.

Too small of a world out there.
09/03/2008 06:50:33 PM · #10
Originally posted by Jaker:

I for one can say we had a great bunch of people. Here's to a rewarding go around this time!


Seconded!
09/03/2008 07:03:36 PM · #11
some of these Ohio names are too much. Keo and Ottumwa...
09/03/2008 07:04:48 PM · #12
Originally posted by onesaint:

go uhhh SWUS err SWUSA or ummm USASW? us over here! YEAH!


How about USA SOWs? Uhhh... sorry... nevermind... :)
09/03/2008 07:07:42 PM · #13
USA JOKERS CAME IN 4TH PLACE!!!
09/03/2008 07:23:30 PM · #14
Name Ideas:

Swooning Swus'
SOWeet!

Message edited by author 2008-09-03 19:23:43.
09/03/2008 07:31:41 PM · #15
SoWeUS sounds like an Ohio town.

well just call ourselves West Side!LMAO

09/03/2008 08:02:17 PM · #16
Originally posted by onesaint:

USA JOKERS CAME IN 4TH PLACE!!!


Excellent!

We all know the universe revolves around SoCal, so we should incorporate it in to our name! We even took in some fly over states. ;)
09/03/2008 08:24:40 PM · #17
My overeposed entry is taking a beating this afternoon. I've gone from a 6.8 to 6.4000. I want Oscar off my front page! I've been looking at him all year.
09/03/2008 09:16:37 PM · #18
Originally posted by bspurgeon:

My overeposed entry is taking a beating this afternoon. I've gone from a 6.8 to 6.4000. I want Oscar off my front page! I've been looking at him all year.


That's one very beautiful bird...and you want him gone?? lol
09/03/2008 11:09:54 PM · #19
Originally posted by onesaint:

SoWeUS sounds like an Ohio town.

well just call ourselves West Side!LMAO


That is the name of the town I was born in. :P

Why ya'll pickin on Ohio?

Should I get rid of my northern mid-western accent in favor of some SW flava? :D
09/03/2008 11:14:30 PM · #20
How about something to do with the Left Coast?
09/03/2008 11:35:10 PM · #21
Now let me get this straight...

Half of this team is from Iowa, but it's the southwest. Half of my team is from god knows where, but we are the Northeast. Who's brilliant idea was it to do this regionally anyway?????

I am originally from Davenport Iowa. Left home for the bright lights and big city of Orlando Fl in 1999, and I can assure you there are more rednecks in central Florida than in the entire state of Iowa, and Illinois for that matter.

But onto serious business... "Once a Joker Always a Joker" may be true, and I'm proud of the title. But as is Kim's habit, he's been biting off a little more than he can chew over in the Notheast team thread. You may want to get him in check before we are forced to thoroughly spank him over our knees. i would hate for you guys to be casualties of a war you didn't start! :-)

Message edited by author 2008-09-03 23:35:34.
09/03/2008 11:39:48 PM · #22
Originally posted by Jaker:

Now let me get this straight...

Half of this team is from Iowa, but it's the southwest. Half of my team is from god knows where, but we are the Northeast. Who's brilliant idea was it to do this regionally anyway?????

I am originally from Davenport Iowa. Left home for the bright lights and big city of Orlando Fl in 1999, and I can assure you there are more rednecks in central Florida than in the entire state of Iowa, and Illinois for that matter.

But onto serious business... "Once a Joker Always a Joker" may be true, and I'm proud of the title. But as is Kim's habit, he's been biting off a little more than he can chew over in the Notheast team thread. You may want to get him in check before we are forced to thoroughly spank him over our knees. i would hate for you guys to be casualties of a war you didn't start! :-)


Make sure to take pictures if you spank him!
09/03/2008 11:54:04 PM · #23
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/53781/120/718042.gif', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/53781/120/718042.gif', '/') + 1) . '
09/04/2008 12:13:08 AM · #24
Originally posted by Photomouse:

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/53781/120/718042.gif', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/50000-54999/53781/120/718042.gif', '/') + 1) . '


Nice touch Dawn! Horrible visual, but a nice touch!
09/04/2008 12:46:00 AM · #25
well sell those photos on Ebay! "DPC Spanking"

But seriously, all I did was let Jake know that when he looses to the westerners, it shuoldnt suprise him. Besides, he started it. =^D

Message edited by author 2008-09-04 00:46:24.
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 01/28/2021 05:17:44 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 01/28/2021 05:17:44 AM EST.