DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> how famous are you on dpc?
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 417, (reverse)
AuthorThread
09/09/2008 03:31:52 AM · #1
Sometimes I see threads and I immediately know the name because they are someone active on the site or they are a ribbon heavyweight and other times it's just because I have interacted with the person alot in emails. Then sometimes I wonder how many people know me by name. Meaning am I active enough in the community? I know I have really slacked off the pace of commenting I first had when I joined. Sometimes I see someones name in a post or picture that i have never seen only to look at their profile and see they have several ribbons and/or have been a member quite a while. Anyone else ever have these thoughts or am I a lone weirdo?
09/09/2008 03:38:39 AM · #2
I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!
09/09/2008 03:41:00 AM · #3
Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!


Hey I just noticed your portfolio. You're kinda good! Where have you been hiding?
09/09/2008 03:58:02 AM · #4
Originally posted by yanko:

Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!


Hey I just noticed your portfolio. You're kinda good! Where have you been hiding?


In your pocket!!
09/09/2008 05:00:48 AM · #5
All three of you are so-called famous to me I guess. I know you all and remember your names at quick glance. I even know what Judi looks like naked. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, heh.

Me, I'm mainly a lurker. I'd like to think that not many know who I am.
09/09/2008 05:18:39 AM · #6
more than 5 years and not even close

Message edited by author 2008-09-09 05:19:32.
09/09/2008 05:25:00 AM · #7
I had no friends no home nothing to eat, NOTHIN at all in my life until I won my first ribbon, now I have it all.
09/09/2008 05:38:18 AM · #8
Hey, I've heard of all of you!
(note to self: post more often to "General Discussion" threads)
09/09/2008 05:41:29 AM · #9
I'm not sure. Do you people "know" me? I certainly know most of the big ribbon winners.
09/09/2008 05:46:18 AM · #10
Originally posted by aliqui:

All three of you are so-called famous to me I guess. I know you all and remember your names at quick glance. I even know what Judi looks like naked. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, heh.

Me, I'm mainly a lurker. I'd like to think that not many know who I am.


' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' aliqui

Name - Michelle
Age - 31
Location - Oregon, USA
Cameras - Nikon D80, Sony DSC-F707
Lenses - Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5- 5.6G ED DX, Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro for Nikon
Registered - Jun. 6th 2006
Challenges Entered - 48
Votes Cast - 10,159
Avg Vote Cast - 5.0542
Votes Received - 8,551
Avg Vote Received - 5.4718

Comments:
Made - 554
Helpful - 454
Received - 615
Helpful - 595

Forums:
Posts - 1,200
Threads Created - 36
Profile Views - 4,632
Total Image View - 19,037
Total Images Viewed - 21,238

Selected by other users:
Photographer - 5 times
Photographs - 32 times

User's favorites:
Photographers - 7
Photographs - 77
User has been online since 57 minutes ago.


09/09/2008 05:48:37 AM · #11
Originally posted by aliqui:

All three of you are so-called famous to me I guess. I know you all and remember your names at quick glance. I even know what Judi looks like naked. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, heh.

Me, I'm mainly a lurker. I'd like to think that not many know who I am.

Too bad!......8>)

I know who you are because you're a kind, considerate, and thoughtful commenter in many a side challenge.

So much for your supposed anonymity! LOL!!!

I'm sure there are quite a few people who know you in this way.
09/09/2008 05:52:34 AM · #12
Originally posted by smardaz:

Sometimes I see threads and I immediately know the name because they are someone active on the site or they are a ribbon heavyweight and other times it's just because I have interacted with the person alot in emails. Then sometimes I wonder how many people know me by name. Meaning am I active enough in the community? I know I have really slacked off the pace of commenting I first had when I joined. Sometimes I see someones name in a post or picture that i have never seen only to look at their profile and see they have several ribbons and/or have been a member quite a while. Anyone else ever have these thoughts or am I a lone weirdo?

I can't say as I know you, per se, but I've been around you on the forums enough to have noyted that you seem to be an intelligent, interesting person.

NOT a nut-job........I'm one of those! LOL!!!
09/09/2008 05:52:36 AM · #13
Originally posted by aliqui:

All three of you are so-called famous to me I guess. I know you all and remember your names at quick glance. I even know what Judi looks like naked. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, heh.

Me, I'm mainly a lurker. I'd like to think that not many know who I am.

I know you too...Michelle...and I didn't even need to look up your profile to remember your name. I can almost always tell your comments - to the point, honest, and funny, and always seem to end with a 'heh'.
09/09/2008 05:54:36 AM · #14
Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!

Oh, shutup, Judi, you're freakin' awesome, an inspiration, and EVERYONE knows it.

Now go back over there, sit down, and be quiet, for ONCE!!!!
09/09/2008 05:58:43 AM · #15
Originally posted by NikonJeb:

Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!

Oh, shutup, Judi, you're freakin' awesome, an inspiration, and EVERYONE knows it.

Now go back over there, sit down, and be quiet, for ONCE!!!!


Yes, daddy!
09/09/2008 05:59:42 AM · #16
Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by NikonJeb:

Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!

Oh, shutup, Judi, you're freakin' awesome, an inspiration, and EVERYONE knows it.

Now go back over there, sit down, and be quiet, for ONCE!!!!


Yes, daddy!

Comments like this are one excellent example of why you are famous here...
09/09/2008 06:02:00 AM · #17
Originally posted by bassbone:

Originally posted by Judi:

Originally posted by NikonJeb:

Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!

Oh, shutup, Judi, you're freakin' awesome, an inspiration, and EVERYONE knows it.

Now go back over there, sit down, and be quiet, for ONCE!!!!


Yes, daddy!

Comments like this are one excellent example of why you are famous here...


Ummmm....why???? Cause I is siwwy?
09/09/2008 06:10:28 AM · #18
I'm pretty sure nobody knows me.....it makes a change for me not to stand out even though my hair is bright purple, hehe ;P
09/09/2008 06:13:59 AM · #19
Originally posted by LadyTara:

I'm pretty sure nobody knows me.....it makes a change for me not to stand out even though my hair is bright purple, hehe ;P


Hey....anyone with rad hair is my friend!
09/09/2008 06:27:13 AM · #20
Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!


Please Judi we know you and all your of your body parts too hahaha

How famous am I???

Probably for starting trouble though hahahha

Message edited by author 2008-09-09 06:29:03.
09/09/2008 06:34:25 AM · #21
Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!


Please Judi we know you and all your of your body parts too hahaha

How famous am I???

Probably for starting trouble though hahahha


Sweetheart....you are a lengend in your own lunchbox...mwah!!!!
09/09/2008 06:50:24 AM · #22
Originally posted by Judi:

I am not famous!!!!! No one knows me!


Originally posted by Dirt_Diver:

Please Judi we know you and all your of your body parts too hahaha

How famous am I???

Probably for starting trouble though hahahha

As a fellow annoyance, I'd have to say that I find you to be outspoken and opinionated.

But a genuinely decent guy, too......8>)
09/09/2008 06:54:01 AM · #23
*Crawls out from under a rock*
Dang, must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Hi, Im uhhhhh.... Rich, ya thats it, Rich.... and I am totally new and a horrible crappy photographer..... *looks around a bit parinoid* Yea.... Im just gonna go over here now...

*Crawls back under Rock*

Judi we Love You!!!!!!!
09/09/2008 06:55:25 AM · #24
French..heu Arrogant?...loves wine, and pro Obama! but not famous
09/09/2008 06:56:10 AM · #25
Originally posted by Hot_Pixel:

*Crawls out from under a rock*
Dang, must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Hi, Im uhhhhh.... Rich, ya thats it, Rich.... and I am totally new and a horrible crappy photographer..... *looks around a bit parinoid* Yea.... Im just gonna go over here now...

*Crawls back under Rock*

Judi we Love You!!!!!!!


Awwww...I love you too!
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 10/29/2020 10:26:28 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/29/2020 10:26:28 PM EDT.