DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Free Study Scores
Pages:   ...
Showing posts 401 - 425 of 526, (reverse)
AuthorThread
10/04/2008 02:39:14 PM · #401
Originally posted by Ecce Signum:

Originally posted by roba:

Originally posted by basssman7:

Dropping like a rock!

You can say that again. The last 15 voters have been in an ugly mood :o\


Yup, not good, last 16 votes dropped my score by 0.03 and out of my personal top 10.


Not good - yup, definitely not good. Dropping... definitely dropping. I am just clicking and smiling in disbelief :-) LOL Time to go watch some football and turn this morning around

Message edited by author 2008-10-04 14:41:25.
10/04/2008 02:41:15 PM · #402
Originally posted by Ecce Signum:

Yup, not good, last 16 votes dropped my score by 0.03 and out of my personal top 10.

the last 15 votes have dropped me by nearly 0.2 !!
10/04/2008 02:44:21 PM · #403
Originally posted by roba:

Originally posted by Ecce Signum:

Yup, not good, last 16 votes dropped my score by 0.03 and out of my personal top 10.

the last 15 votes have dropped me by nearly 0.2 !!


ditto:(
10/04/2008 02:49:55 PM · #404
lol and eye kant tipe! ment 0.13

Originally posted by kiwiness:

Originally posted by roba:

Originally posted by Ecce Signum:

Yup, not good, last 16 votes dropped my score by 0.03 and out of my personal top 10.

the last 15 votes have dropped me by nearly 0.2 !!


ditto:(

10/04/2008 03:18:51 PM · #405
I know it is still early for this, but I am starting my prayer to the "vote scrubber gods" so that mine gets to them first and hopeflly gets listened to.

Oh great and mighty Scrubbers, Please take the time to look upon thy FS entry, scrub out the votes of the nasty lying trolls, and lead us not into the lower sixes, but into the magic land of 7's. In the name of the Scrubbers, I believe. Amen
10/04/2008 04:05:52 PM · #406
Hmmmm...interesting.....has anyone had more favourites than comments on an entry before?
10/04/2008 04:10:18 PM · #407
Originally posted by basssman7:

I know it is still early for this, but I am starting my prayer to the "vote scrubber gods" so that mine gets to them first and hopeflly gets listened to.

Oh great and mighty Scrubbers, Please take the time to look upon thy FS entry, scrub out the votes of the nasty lying trolls, and lead us not into the lower sixes, but into the magic land of 7's. In the name of the Scrubbers, I believe. Amen


And, O Scrubbers, if it be thy algorithm, take those scores that would have lowered basssman7's mighty 7, and apply them to my puny 4.7, thus lifting up your humble servant into the Purgatory of Five-ish-ness.
10/04/2008 04:20:55 PM · #408
Originally posted by Judi:

Hmmmm...interesting.....has anyone had more favourites than comments on an entry before?


heyyy now, favourites ARE comments :) hehehehhe! :)

100 vote check in:

Votes: 113
Views: 178
Avg Vote: 5.6549
Comments: 2
10/04/2008 05:43:53 PM · #409
I'll be interested post challenge to see if anybody noticed what (for me) was the main reason I entered this particular image as I thought a couple of commenters might have mentioned it.
10/04/2008 08:11:46 PM · #410
Votes: 99
Views: 162
Avg Vote: 5.0000
Comments: 1
10/04/2008 08:55:22 PM · #411
Votes: 107
Score: 5.8131
Comments: 4
10/04/2008 09:28:56 PM · #412
Well I tanked this weekend. No PB for me. Not really a decent score for the photo imo. Sort of a let down all the way around.
10/04/2008 09:49:24 PM · #413
Sorry to hear that, I do Thank You for your comment on my shot! I have another comment that just blows me away. Nothing to do with likes or dislikes, Just a very COOL story. Hats off to you guys!!!

Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

Well I tanked this weekend. No PB for me. Not really a decent score for the photo imo. Sort of a let down all the way around.

10/04/2008 10:49:24 PM · #414
You have rated 144 of 430 images (33%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 102 images (24%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.0903.

The silliness and experimental commenting continues. I'm enjoying myself very much, even if my shot is tanking pretty badly (well, not that badly, it's staying at a mid 5.4). I'm hoping to at least get to 200 comments. That should be good no?
10/04/2008 11:20:38 PM · #415
My first entry since July's FS... Looks like I'm completely out of the running for even top 10 now (darnit), but still not at all disappointed with my score:

Votes: 119
Views: 194
Avg Vote: 6.7059
Comments: 5

Maybe I can top my top 20 finish in a FS? That'd be nice. Doubtful, but I'm still hopeful.

Looking forward to seeing the winners!

Message edited by author 2008-10-04 23:22:07.
10/04/2008 11:24:18 PM · #416
Originally posted by K10DGuy:

You have rated 144 of 430 images (33%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 102 images (24%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.0903.

The silliness and experimental commenting continues. I'm enjoying myself very much, even if my shot is tanking pretty badly (well, not that badly, it's staying at a mid 5.4). I'm hoping to at least get to 200 comments. That should be good no?


Are the comments a progressive linking story - or just a bunch of short stories?
10/04/2008 11:25:44 PM · #417
Originally posted by K10DGuy:

You have rated 144 of 430 images (33%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 102 images (24%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.0903.

The silliness and experimental commenting continues. I'm enjoying myself very much, even if my shot is tanking pretty badly (well, not that badly, it's staying at a mid 5.4). I'm hoping to at least get to 200 comments. That should be good no?


I sure enjoyed the comment you left on mine....
10/05/2008 12:22:40 AM · #418
Not too bad but could have done better

Votes: 109
Views: 168
Avg Vote: 5.2294
Comments: 0
10/05/2008 12:31:35 AM · #419
430 entries--seems like we would have more than 100ish votes by now....
10/05/2008 12:48:13 AM · #420
I have 116 now. The last 30 or so have been 6 or under. That sucks.
10/05/2008 01:00:13 AM · #421
Originally posted by mom2two:

Originally posted by K10DGuy:

You have rated 144 of 430 images (33%) in this challenge.
You have commented on 102 images (24%) in this challenge.
You have given an average score of 6.0903.

The silliness and experimental commenting continues. I'm enjoying myself very much, even if my shot is tanking pretty badly (well, not that badly, it's staying at a mid 5.4). I'm hoping to at least get to 200 comments. That should be good no?


Are the comments a progressive linking story - or just a bunch of short stories?


Neither. Every photo I look at gives me some kind of thought or emotional reaction, and I turn that into one of:

A) A story
B) A joke of some sort relating to the photo
C) Some silly anecdote, relating to the photo

Each and every one is completely separate and dependant on the shot as it comes up to vote, and I vote using my usual scale, which is completely independent of the comment I give it.

Unfortunately, some shots simply don't give me any kind of real thought or reaction at the time, so I skip them, but my hope is that I can get to as many as I can before Tuesday, without getting too dry :)

Message edited by author 2008-10-05 01:01:10.
10/05/2008 02:07:14 AM · #422
Well yea for me - I got a story on mine - so I am thankful you felt something. I have commented on such a comparatively small percentage of shots and after experiencing one your comments I don't know how you are doing it - but you sure are making people smile. So, worth the effort IMO.
10/05/2008 02:08:43 AM · #423
Originally posted by Jason_Cross:

I have 116 now. The last 30 or so have been 6 or under. That sucks.


Someone wrote earlier (in either this thread or another) that night time voters (for us US-PST time zone) seem to vote a lot lower and I believe it - once again my shot rose throughout the day only to get sucked back down at night.
10/05/2008 02:32:40 AM · #424
Originally posted by mom2two:

Someone wrote earlier (in either this thread or another) that night time voters (for us US-PST time zone) seem to vote a lot lower and I believe it - once again my shot rose throughout the day only to get sucked back down at night.

Funny - I'm actually finding quite the opposite for this challenge.
10/05/2008 02:47:20 AM · #425
Originally posted by roba:

Originally posted by mom2two:

Someone wrote earlier (in either this thread or another) that night time voters (for us US-PST time zone) seem to vote a lot lower and I believe it - once again my shot rose throughout the day only to get sucked back down at night.

Funny - I'm actually finding quite the opposite for this challenge.


I also find it the opposite. My score always plummets during the US waking hours. And picks up again during the US sleeping hours :)
Pages:   ...
Current Server Time: 07/30/2021 11:18:57 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 07/30/2021 11:18:57 AM EDT.