DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Want to help create a dpc endorsed coffee table book
Pages:  
Showing posts 126 - 150 of 215, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/16/2009 08:05:47 PM · #126
Originally posted by talj:

Well, entries for the book have started to come in now and I am sure both Andi and I are yet to shoot ours! How's everyong else doing? :)

My tentative image for the book is being voted on in the Hope challenge. If it does well I'll send a large version your way, if it tanks then I'll either try a reshoot or go root around in my archives for something better.
03/16/2009 08:17:25 PM · #127
Originally posted by ErikV:

Originally posted by talj:

Well, entries for the book have started to come in now and I am sure both Andi and I are yet to shoot ours! How's everyong else doing? :)

My tentative image for the book is being voted on in the Hope challenge. If it does well I'll send a large version your way, if it tanks then I'll either try a reshoot or go root around in my archives for something better.


One of mine is, as well, and IS tanking :( Got a new monitor, having trouble calilbrating it, ran back and forth to check it on Becky's where it looked way different, so MUST get this thing working properly before I edit anything for you. Sigh... anybody got an HP w2007?
03/16/2009 10:25:24 PM · #128
I've got a couple of ideas, but need cooperative weather. We've had a drought for 2 years, and now that i need clear blue skies,etc. it rains for a whole week.

anyway.

i have one in the challenge, but it is not what i want to use.
03/16/2009 11:00:30 PM · #129
I have a couple different ideas worked out that I need time and weather to cooperate but should have something by the end of this month... :D
03/19/2009 08:13:29 AM · #130
I hope to have something by the end of the month!
03/19/2009 09:56:57 AM · #131
This idea is wonderful but I haven't any photo so I have made a little donation, this is another way to help.
03/19/2009 04:38:29 PM · #132
Andi, I've been out of touch with DPC lately and missed this whole topic, but received a couple of comments pointing me to it from the gem challenge. As fate would have it my gem shot was shot March 22, 2007. If you would like to use it please feel free. I'll also be on the lookout for some more hope shots for the rest of the month.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1005/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_772016.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/1000-1999/1005/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_772016.jpg', '/') + 1) . '
03/19/2009 04:56:09 PM · #133
Originally posted by Mambe:

This idea is wonderful but I haven't any photo so I have made a little donation, this is another way to help.


Dearest Mambe, this is so kind of you, Andi and I appreciate your generosity and friendship very much {{HUGS}} x

And Jason, that really is a wonderful image and I am so glad it did well for you in the Hidden Gem challenge! We would be honoured to have this included in the book!

And a message for all taking part, Andi and I will be posting details on where to send your images too and filesizes etc sometime in the next week but please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions in the meantime :)

03/19/2009 07:06:47 PM · #134
I just saw this thread too :(

I looked for the size /resolution guidelines. Did I miss them? If so, sorry. If not, can you tell us what size and resolution they should be?

I'm not sure I have anything from March, but I'm going to check -- and wrack my brain to come up with something if I don't. I'd love to contribute for this great cause.

Message edited by author 2009-03-19 19:07:09.
03/19/2009 07:09:46 PM · #135
Originally posted by SandyP:

I just saw this thread too :(

I looked for the size /resolution guidelines. Did I miss them? If so, sorry. If not, can you tell us what size and resolution they should be?

I'm not sure I have anything from March, but I'm going to check -- and wrack my brain to come up with something if I don't. I'd love to contribute for this great cause.


Ditto. I'd love to submit a shot for you.
03/19/2009 07:14:33 PM · #136
The photo I will be submitting for the book is on the Hope challenge right now. As soon it is over I will be sending it.
03/19/2009 07:18:55 PM · #137
Originally posted by Ecce Signum:



Heres a quote from one of the designer peeps,

Photos need to be a standard dimension, eg 10 x 8, 300 dpi, colour,

even if they will be black and White. Images to be tiff 16 bit, can be

landscape or portrait, a good mix of both, any quotes need to have the

file name of the image.


Am rubbish at aspect ratios but guess this means the image needs to be cropped at a 5*4 ratio and anything shot with a 6mb cam or better will fit the bill?



Does this help Sandy?
03/19/2009 07:30:57 PM · #138
Originally posted by talj:

Originally posted by Ecce Signum:



Heres a quote from one of the designer peeps,

Photos need to be a standard dimension, eg 10 x 8, 300 dpi, colour,

even if they will be black and White. Images to be tiff 16 bit, can be

landscape or portrait, a good mix of both, any quotes need to have the

file name of the image.


Am rubbish at aspect ratios but guess this means the image needs to be cropped at a 5*4 ratio and anything shot with a 6mb cam or better will fit the bill?



Does this help Sandy?


You might want to modify the very first post of this thread so it will be easy for people to find.
03/19/2009 07:39:44 PM · #139
Originally posted by ErikV:

Originally posted by talj:



Does this help Sandy?


You might want to modify the very first post of this thread so it will be easy for people to find.


If only it were that easy to get Andi to do something Erik ;) I did remind him when he first made the post but looks like I need to try again ;) If you guys dont see the opening post updated with the info in the next couple of days feel free to bombard Andi with PM's telling him to sort things out...no need to be polite ;)
03/19/2009 08:39:01 PM · #140
Thank you Natalya! I just sent a couple of prospective photos to Andi. I told him I wasn't sure if they conveyed "Hope" enough since I am not very good at coming up with photos to convey emotions like that, but if you think they will work, I'll be happy to send the full sized versions in the right ratios if I have an email address.

I also want to be on the list to proudly buy one of the books :)
03/19/2009 08:47:49 PM · #141
Originally posted by SandyP:

Thank you Natalya! I just sent a couple of prospective photos to Andi. I told him I wasn't sure if they conveyed "Hope" enough since I am not very good at coming up with photos to convey emotions like that, but if you think they will work, I'll be happy to send the full sized versions in the right ratios if I have an email address.

I also want to be on the list to proudly buy one of the books :)


Great! Thanks Sandy, I will have a chat with Andi tomorrow and get back to you about your images :)

Regarding a provisional list of people interested in purchasing the book - we will be creating a page on our fundraising website shortly for people to add their names if they would like to purchase a copy, this won't mean you have to buy it when it's released but it will just be a way of us getting an idea how many people are interested if that makes sense?

Again, sorry we haven't posted more details here yet, we need get together and go through the details and we just haven't had chance yet! We'll post here and update the opening post as soon as we do though!
03/24/2009 10:03:58 AM · #142
Friendly bump as a reminder for the volunteers:-) ....Wondering how are things going on the book?

03/24/2009 03:29:52 PM · #143
Originally posted by CNovack:

Friendly bump as a reminder for the volunteers:-) ....Wondering how are things going on the book?


Thanks for the bump.

At the start of March Andi and I launched our information and support website and that has been our priority over the last few weeks.

I was also scheduled for surgery on the 9th March on my foot which I have been waiting for for over 3 years. On the morning of my surgery my surgeon explained that due to my other health conditions there was a very high chance I could die during the operation. He then gave me an hour to decide if I wanted to go ahead. The worst hour of my life. In the end the decision was made that I would not have the surgery, ever :o( That means I will never lose my walking sticks or the very slow pace that I walk and will have to cope with the pain I am in each day knowing that it's unlikely to get any better :o(

After the stress of that day I allowed myself a week off my fundraising and support duties to try and get my head around everything. I'm back working on things again now but there are a lot of decisions that need making by Andi and myself which we don't expect to be complete until the Easter weekend.

We will make a post on DPC over the Easter weekend giving you all the details but until then I would like to ask that you all bear with us. If you would like to send your photos to us before then you can email them to fundraising@rosemcgill.co.uk and we'll let you know we've received them asap. You will find details on the quality images need to be in the opening post of this thread. If any of you have questions you need answering before easter please PM me and I'll get back to you asap.
03/24/2009 03:46:38 PM · #144
Oh no Tal, that's heartbreaking :( Looks like you could use a few of the hope shots yourself. They'll find a new, safer way to treat it and you WILL get better, even if it might take a little while...
03/24/2009 08:03:12 PM · #145
Originally posted by BeeCee:

Oh no Tal, that's heartbreaking :( Looks like you could use a few of the hope shots yourself. They'll find a new, safer way to treat it and you WILL get better, even if it might take a little while...


Thanks Sheila, we're keeping our fingers crossed that the future may hold a safer way to do things and for now...I get to keep my disabled parking badge...it's the only plus I can think of in all this lol

And yes, you are so right about needing the hope shots...I can't wait to see what you all come up with...putting the book together over the next few months will help keep my mind off other things :)
03/24/2009 08:09:24 PM · #146
What a wonderful and giving project. I know your daughter must be proud of your generous way of keeping her memory alive. It would be an honor to help with your project.

Message edited by author 2009-03-24 20:10:20.
03/24/2009 08:15:15 PM · #147
Originally posted by Maureen Theriot:

What a wonderful and giving project. I know your daughter must be proud of your generous way of keeping her memory alive. It would be an honor to help with your project.


I've added you to the list Maureen :)
03/27/2009 01:43:46 PM · #148
I've got my picture ready to go.
I will hold it back until after Easter.
03/27/2009 01:50:23 PM · #149
Originally posted by HeiSch:

I've got my picture ready to go.
I will hold it back until after Easter.


Thanks Heini! :o)
03/27/2009 02:02:37 PM · #150
It didn't get a great score, but you're welcome to use my Hope II Challenge entry as well ... just send me a PM.

Actually, my Hope I entry did better ... :-) ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/249/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_99891.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/249/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_99891.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Message edited by author 2009-03-27 14:07:38.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 05/29/2020 02:54:32 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/29/2020 02:54:32 PM EDT.