DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> For a very good cause...
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 24 of 24, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/30/2009 02:54:18 PM · #1
On April 20th, my wife Carol will be running the Boston Marathon for the 5th time, and running her 10th marathon overall. For the past five years, she has run marathons to raise money and awareness for the Accelerated Cure Project, a charity whose sole mission is to help find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. To date, Carol's efforts have brought in over $30,000 towards finding a cure. Over that time, the Accelerated Cure Project set up and now has a fully functioning sample bank. The sample bank contains MS patient tissue samples and profiles which researchers from all over the world can use in their quest for a cure.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/747/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_590023.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/747/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_590023.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I know that there are several fellow members of the site who are also touched by MS and have previously performed fund raising for MS charities. I hope that you can please consider donating to this extremely worthwhile cause.

Please find the following links to the ACP website and to Carol's running page where you can donate.

ACP Website

Carol Rose's Running for a Cure Site

03/30/2009 06:11:58 PM · #2
An early evening bump...
03/31/2009 08:58:49 AM · #3
I'll try another bump here this AM....
03/31/2009 09:08:34 AM · #4
My Grandmother had MS, it started off slow but became more aggressive as she got older she eventally lost all use of her legs and spent the last 20 years of her life in a wheel chair. I also have a friend who was just diagnosed a couple of years ago. It has not had alot of physical effect on her at this stage but the emotional effect has been pretty rough.

Your wife is running for a good cause.

Message edited by author 2009-03-31 09:11:08.
03/31/2009 09:50:19 AM · #5
wonderful story and image.......good luck

Message edited by author 2009-03-31 09:50:57.
03/31/2009 11:18:49 AM · #6
Thanks Linda and Brian and Dan for the kind thoughts and support in this truly worthwhile cause.
03/31/2009 01:37:58 PM · #7
Shameless bump for a good friend. Good luck with this Peter.
03/31/2009 02:20:59 PM · #8
Peter, just donated! (and the company match, too!)

You guys going up to Boston to cheer her on again?

Message edited by author 2009-03-31 14:24:54.
03/31/2009 04:31:57 PM · #9
Good luck!
03/31/2009 07:14:01 PM · #10
Larry and Steve and Rich- Thanks for the support and encouragement. Carol is out running another training run as I type (about 12 miles tonight)....

Message edited by author 2009-03-31 19:14:14.
03/31/2009 11:10:49 PM · #11
nice story
04/01/2009 07:25:36 AM · #12
She is a running machine Peter, Wish her good luck in the marathon and I hope that she raises alot of money for her cause.
04/01/2009 08:41:44 AM · #13
Originally posted by Hot_Pixel:

She is a running machine Peter, Wish her good luck in the marathon and I hope that she raises alot of money for her cause.

Actually Rich, she ended up running 18 miles last night. I had to send ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_N.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_N.gif', '/') + 1) . ' tuba_charlie out looking for her after dark...she got in a zone and just kept going....

Carol sent out letters to past sponsors on Monday asking for support, but we are sure hoping to get a few more interested parties to help out the cause.
04/01/2009 09:11:59 AM · #14
It's amazing what she's doing. I hope she reaches her goal for the charity!
04/01/2009 11:48:48 AM · #15
Originally posted by bassbone:

Originally posted by Hot_Pixel:

She is a running machine Peter, Wish her good luck in the marathon and I hope that she raises alot of money for her cause.

Actually Rich, she ended up running 18 miles last night. I had to send ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_N.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_N.gif', '/') + 1) . ' tuba_charlie out looking for her after dark...she got in a zone and just kept going....

Carol sent out letters to past sponsors on Monday asking for support, but we are sure hoping to get a few more interested parties to help out the cause.


Wow Peter! Thats awesome. Send along my well wishes to her and I will be sure to cheer for her the day of the marathon.
04/01/2009 05:22:46 PM · #16
bump for a good cause, and great friend.
04/01/2009 09:07:03 PM · #17
Freindly bump for a great contributor to DPC and a great mentor and a totally Worthy cause.
04/03/2009 02:19:10 PM · #18
Thanks to Rich and Steve for bumping this a couple times this week and to the folks who have already contributed.
04/11/2009 08:47:28 PM · #19
Originally posted by bassbone:

On April 20th, my wife Carol will be running the Boston Marathon for the 5th time, and running her 10th marathon overall. For the past five years, she has run marathons to raise money and awareness for the Accelerated Cure Project, a charity whose sole mission is to help find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. To date, Carol's efforts have brought in over $30,000 towards finding a cure. Over that time, the Accelerated Cure Project set up and now has a fully functioning sample bank. The sample bank contains MS patient tissue samples and profiles which researchers from all over the world can use in their quest for a cure.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/747/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_590023.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/747/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_590023.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I know that there are several fellow members of the site who are also touched by MS and have previously performed fund raising for MS charities. I hope that you can please consider donating to this extremely worthwhile cause.

Please find the following links to the ACP website and to Carol's running page where you can donate.

ACP Website

Carol Rose's Running for a Cure Site


Thanks to everyone who has already contributed for this great cause. MS is a devastating disease that seems to effect so many people that we all know. We are making nice progress towards our fund raising goal, but we could really use some additional help. Carol runs the marathon next monday April 20th. Thanks for your consideration!

04/18/2009 05:26:30 PM · #20
Originally posted by bassbone:

Originally posted by bassbone:

On April 20th, my wife Carol will be running the Boston Marathon for the 5th time, and running her 10th marathon overall. For the past five years, she has run marathons to raise money and awareness for the Accelerated Cure Project, a charity whose sole mission is to help find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. To date, Carol's efforts have brought in over $30,000 towards finding a cure. Over that time, the Accelerated Cure Project set up and now has a fully functioning sample bank. The sample bank contains MS patient tissue samples and profiles which researchers from all over the world can use in their quest for a cure.

' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/747/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_590023.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/0-999/747/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_590023.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

I know that there are several fellow members of the site who are also touched by MS and have previously performed fund raising for MS charities. I hope that you can please consider donating to this extremely worthwhile cause.

Please find the following links to the ACP website and to Carol's running page where you can donate.

ACP Website

Carol Rose's Running for a Cure Site


Thanks to everyone who has already contributed for this great cause. MS is a devastating disease that seems to effect so many people that we all know. We are making nice progress towards our fund raising goal, but we could really use some additional help. Carol runs the marathon next monday April 20th. Thanks for your consideration!


As of today, Carol has raised a total of over $6500 for ACP from combined fund raising by check and on-line. She runs the Boston Marathon on Monday and we would love to add some more donations. Thanks!

04/20/2009 09:15:49 PM · #21
Thanks to everyone who supported Carol in raising funds for MS research. To date, she has raised almost 7K.

Here are a couple of pictures of Carol at the marathon today.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/67152/120/784119.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/67152/120/784119.jpg', '/') + 1) . ' ' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/67152/120/784120.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/65000-69999/67152/120/784120.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

04/20/2009 09:53:26 PM · #22
Tell Carol congrats on the great finish!

19234 Rose, Carol A. 42 F Ledyard CT USA
4:08:51

(Hopefully this I got this correct.)
04/20/2009 10:05:08 PM · #23
Originally posted by ErikV:

Tell Carol congrats on the great finish!

19234 Rose, Carol A. 42 F Ledyard CT USA
4:08:51

(Hopefully this I got this correct.)


Eric
Yep - that is correct. This is not a great time for her (she finished a 3:48 last year at Boston)- a head wind the whole way this year - but it is another finish and she is not overly sore tonight, so that is a bonus!
04/20/2009 10:07:47 PM · #24
Ledyard! I attended Ledyard High! Congrats and thank you. Nice to see CT represented!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 06/22/2021 07:14:58 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 06/22/2021 07:14:58 AM EDT.