DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Habits
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 18 of 18, (reverse)
AuthorThread
05/17/2004 07:36:47 PM · #1
Hello there!
I have been looking for the word habit on the internet
and I found nuns and horses
Are nuns and horses a habit?
05/17/2004 07:45:14 PM · #2
Heh. Nuns and horses? Interesting.

From, the dictionary.

-A recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition.

-An established disposition of the mind or character.

-Customary manner or practice: a person of ascetic habits.

-An addiction, especially to a narcotic drug.

-Physical constitution.

-Characteristic appearance, form, or manner of growth, especially of a plant or crystal.

-A distinctive dress or costume, especially of a religious order.

-A riding habit.

Edit: Um, I don't think nuns and horses really are habit. I'm not sure if you're asking what a habit is, or if those two are habis. Sorry if you already know what one is.

Message edited by author 2004-05-17 19:46:07.
05/17/2004 07:45:24 PM · #3
a nuns suit is called a habit.
05/17/2004 07:46:50 PM · #4
I think this is what the challenge is looking for:
- A recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition.
- An established disposition of the mind or character.
- Customary manner or practice: a person of ascetic habits.

Also, a Habit is:
- A distinctive dress or costume, especially of a religious order.
- A riding habit.

05/17/2004 07:47:59 PM · #5
Originally posted by tyt2000:

I think this is what the challenge is looking for:
- A recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition.
- An established disposition of the mind or character.
- Customary manner or practice: a person of ascetic habits.

Also, a Habit is:
- A distinctive dress or costume, especially of a religious order.
- A riding habit.


Beat ya! :)
05/17/2004 07:54:33 PM · #6
Originally posted by tyt2000:



Also, a Habit is:
- A distinctive dress or costume, especially of a religious order.
- A riding habit.


SO one could send a picture of a nun and a horse..

I am trying to figure out if there can be something else than picking your nose or smoking and drinking
05/17/2004 07:59:05 PM · #7
No nuns or horses in my submission...

...but there COULD be if I wanted to...

Message edited by author 2004-05-17 19:59:32.
05/17/2004 08:05:48 PM · #8
Something to do Very often would be considered a habit.

-Drinking a cup of hot chocolate before bed or you have to have 5 marshmellow with you hot chocolate.
-Every time you encounter a mirror you have check your makeup.
-You don't wear your seatbelt while driving.
-Flipping the station around on t.v.
-bringing your camera where ever you go.

Message edited by author 2004-05-17 20:07:35.
05/17/2004 08:07:40 PM · #9
Originally posted by faidoi:

Something to do Very often would be considered a habit.

-Drinking a cup of hot chocolate before bed or you have to have 5 marshmellow with you hot chocolate.
-Every time you encounter a mirror you have check your makeup.
-You don't wear your seatbelt while driving.
-Flipping the station around on t.v.


I dont do nuns very often ....

05/17/2004 08:10:01 PM · #10
So Then I could take a picture of lets say... a a football habit? a driving habit? A eating steaks habit? A flower throwing habit?
05/17/2004 08:13:47 PM · #11
A flower throwing habit!! I´ve been suffering from that one for years.

05/17/2004 08:14:26 PM · #12
Taking a photo of a nun or a horse, its up to you :) But its an open challenge and some people will say that "it doesn't meet the challenge" because its not included in the description. You could do a "good habit" instead of a bad one like nose picking, smoking and drinking.

Message edited by author 2004-05-17 20:15:55.
05/17/2004 08:15:57 PM · #13
Originally posted by heida:



I am trying to figure out if there can be something else than picking your nose or smoking and drinking


It could be picking your nose while smoking and driving whilst wearing a habit.
05/17/2004 08:17:44 PM · #14
Originally posted by Pedro:

Originally posted by heida:



I am trying to figure out if there can be something else than picking your nose or smoking and drinking


It could be picking your nose while smoking and driving whilst wearing a habit.


Now thats not a bad idea!
05/17/2004 08:18:40 PM · #15
Originally posted by Mad-D:

A flower throwing habit!! I´ve been suffering from that one for years.


You too!
Is a tough world isnt it ...
05/17/2004 08:31:34 PM · #16
I have submitted a picture of my worst habit and I think the picture is well taken. I hope i'll do better in that one than in the Centered Subject one :/
05/17/2004 08:33:01 PM · #17
Heida has a habit of taking a top 10 photo :)
05/17/2004 09:40:07 PM · #18
Originally posted by faidoi:

Heida has a habit of taking a top 10 photo :)


Naw - here's her direct quote of her habit:

"I´m gonna have a bottle of Lýsi to celebrate!"

And that's either Lysol or fish oil, neither one illegal.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/22/2021 02:29:13 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/22/2021 02:29:13 AM EDT.