DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Out and About >> Auckland GTG - 8th Nov
Pages:  
Showing posts 26 - 50 of 67, (reverse)
AuthorThread
10/27/2009 09:43:48 PM · #26
Originally posted by rinac:

Originally posted by Nuzzer:

Originally posted by rinac:

Originally posted by Nuzzer:

I can offer a bed or three as well but be warned, we have two toddlers who like to wake up before 6am!


Do they know how to cook bacon and eggs?


Well Conor would love to give it a go I'm sure!


Cool. Oh, and he'll need to learn how to make a decent cup of coffee too ;)


That is a must. I am a caffeine freak!!!!
10/27/2009 09:48:31 PM · #27
No good Gerry. You'll have to get cracking teaching the boy. You don't wanna know what'll happen when two coffee addicts wake up at 6am only to be presented with a bloody milo!
10/27/2009 09:53:05 PM · #28
Bring on the "scary monsters" challenge!
10/27/2009 09:56:34 PM · #29
I can imagine the conversation..."Daddy, daddy the scary lady didn't like the milo"
10/27/2009 10:00:28 PM · #30
Originally posted by 3DsArcher:

I can imagine the conversation..."Daddy, daddy the scary lady didn't like the milo"


I haven't had Milo in my house for years....!
11/02/2009 02:47:30 AM · #31
Thanks for the heads up on this Alex, there is an outside chance I can make some part of it.
11/03/2009 06:00:04 PM · #32
As of now the metservice is forecasting "Cloudy periods, chance shower. Southwest freshening.", but then again, who believes the weather forecasters!?

Anyway, when/where/what/why?

Message edited by author 2009-11-03 18:07:25.
11/03/2009 06:29:12 PM · #33
Fair warning to you guys, Judi Kicks like a Kangaroo so watch your backsides. lol actually you are all in for a fun day, She is a good egg, I enjoyed hanging out with her yesterday.

11/03/2009 08:07:18 PM · #34
I'm still up for Piha on Sunday but I might just slip a raincoat in the car just in case. I'm staying positive & applying a bit of Murphys Law, "If I have it, I wont need it."

Message edited by author 2009-11-03 22:53:17.
11/03/2009 11:06:48 PM · #35
I reckon we go ahead for Piha. The skies might actually provide some moody beach shots. Will likely be cold though, so bring extra warm gear.

How about meeting in the carpark at 11am? That gives [cough] everyone a chance to be fully recovered from whatever they may have been doing the previous night ;)

The walk may take a couple of hours or more depending on how often we stop for heart attacks, then we can have a nice lunch on the beach and take it from there.

Email to everyone shortly :)

Hope you can make it too ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MichaelC!
11/03/2009 11:14:02 PM · #36
Some info on Kitekite Falls btw, which is where I initially wanted to head for. But there are other trails around the place too.
11/04/2009 03:29:15 AM · #37
Hey guys....I am in Titirangi at the moment but Dad and I are going to be spending the next 2 days at the beach house at Whangamata. He took me around this area today...actually we power walked with the cameras....I will sleep well tonight. Dad says he is happy to drop me off where I need to meet you all on Sunday. So can someone please ring me on Saturday and let me know where to go...pretty please?

And I promise not to kick anyone too hard....although I may nibble!!! LOL!
11/04/2009 04:20:35 AM · #38
Whangamata, cool. Where the public toilets talk to you and play Burt Bacharach to make your brief visit as pleasurable as possible. Very nice place, lol :)

I'll call to confirm Judi, no worries!
11/04/2009 05:02:31 AM · #39
Hey, I would have prefered a nibble! Although I did get a kick out of the alternative.

Originally posted by Judi:

Hey guys....I am in Titirangi at the moment but Dad and I are going to be spending the next 2 days at the beach house at Whangamata. He took me around this area today...actually we power walked with the cameras....I will sleep well tonight. Dad says he is happy to drop me off where I need to meet you all on Sunday. So can someone please ring me on Saturday and let me know where to go...pretty please?

And I promise not to kick anyone too hard....although I may nibble!!! LOL!
11/04/2009 01:15:48 PM · #40

Originally posted by Bugzeye:

Hey, I would have prefered a nibble! Although I did get a kick out of the alternative.

Originally posted by Judi:

Hey guys....I am in Titirangi at the moment but Dad and I are going to be spending the next 2 days at the beach house at Whangamata. He took me around this area today...actually we power walked with the cameras....I will sleep well tonight. Dad says he is happy to drop me off where I need to meet you all on Sunday. So can someone please ring me on Saturday and let me know where to go...pretty please?

And I promise not to kick anyone too hard....although I may nibble!!! LOL!


I will remember that for next time. LOL!
11/04/2009 07:33:28 PM · #41
Rightio then peeps, we are going to meet at 10am now. Makes sense to nut out a few ideas before we get started. So, will see you all in Titirangi at The Hardware Cafe

Haven't heard from ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' keriboi in a while, but have sent him a PM, hopefully he'll still be joining us on Sunday.

11/05/2009 09:04:39 PM · #42
Originally posted by rinac:

Hope you can make it too ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MichaelC!


The Bad new is that ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MichaelC has left Auckland already and won't be able to make it.

The Good news is that ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Quackers will come along for lunch and bring a couple of budding DPCers with her.
11/05/2009 10:21:55 PM · #43
Hope you turn on the weather for Judi like we did! Have a great time with Judi, she is an awesome lady :)
11/05/2009 10:44:08 PM · #44
Originally posted by joynim:

Hope you turn on the weather for Judi like we did!


I think we are all hoping that.
11/05/2009 10:47:00 PM · #45
The weather was definately turned on down here in Wellington today. It is starting to cool a bit now but has been one of those Can't Beat Wellington on A Good Day type of days.
11/06/2009 03:25:45 PM · #46
Originally posted by Nuzzer:

Originally posted by rinac:

Hope you can make it too ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MichaelC!


The Bad new is that ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' MichaelC has left Auckland already and won't be able to make it.

The Good news is that ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Quackers will come along for lunch and bring a couple of budding DPCers with her.


See you all tomorrow :)
11/06/2009 03:28:00 PM · #47
Yep, one more sleep to go :)
11/06/2009 11:29:33 PM · #48
Hey guys....I am back in Auckland. Have travelled over 900kms in the last 3 days....had a blast with awesome weather. Seen loads of fireworks and met MichaelC along the way.

All organised for 10am tomorrow...except I better wash some clothes or I will be turning up nekkid...not a good look...trust me..lol!

Oh and Charlie...thankyou for everything...you are the best.

Na....you rock girl!
11/07/2009 12:11:17 AM · #49
ive been really busy but will try my hardest to be there torrow, so the cafe at 10?
Dane
11/07/2009 12:34:21 AM · #50
Originally posted by keriboi:

ive been really busy but will try my hardest to be there torrow, so the cafe at 10?
Dane


Hey...if I have to come from your West Island to be here...then you had better be there too...slacka!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 09/27/2021 07:07:36 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 09/27/2021 07:07:36 AM EDT.