DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Current Challenge >> Stay Low Key....SCORES!!
Pages:   ... ...
Showing posts 151 - 175 of 311, (reverse)
AuthorThread
10/08/2009 05:53:26 AM · #151
Originally posted by prperold:

Originally posted by gutsa:

I wonder what avg vote will result in a ribbon?
Doubt it will be much over 6 after reading all the posts in here.


I wouldn't count on it. The high scorers usually don't post in these forums. Most of the time at least. But I sure hope you are right this time :)


I'd agree - I think I have one of the higher scores posting in this forum:

Votes: 83
Views: 140
Avg Vote: 6.1807
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/08/09 05:50 am

And if I had to guess, I reckon I'll about 25th....? Very reckless to predict though!!
10/08/2009 05:56:02 AM · #152
Originally posted by prperold:

Originally posted by gutsa:

I wonder what avg vote will result in a ribbon?
Doubt it will be much over 6 after reading all the posts in here.


I wouldn't count on it. The high scorers usually don't post in these forums. Most of the time at least. But I sure hope you are right this time :)


Atleast are the highest posts in here, much lower than what has been posted in other challenges.
10/08/2009 08:46:18 AM · #153
Managing to stay above a 5 somehow.

Votes: 86
Views: 148
Avg Vote: 5.0814
Comments: 2
10/08/2009 09:07:17 AM · #154
no longer in 5's.

4.9 :(
10/08/2009 09:58:10 AM · #155
WAY outta the 5s and still going down. Beginning to wonder about staying in the 4s. I'd self-DQ but I'm actually enjoying this in a perverse fashion. I'm having a very nice self-loathing week and this is truly adding quality to that! :-)
10/08/2009 10:04:47 AM · #156
Votes: 85
Views: 145
Avg Vote: 5.5529
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0

A day of consistency! :)
10/08/2009 03:21:16 PM · #157
I'm still standing in quicksand......

Votes: 83
Views: 143
Avg Vote: 5.6024
Comments: 3
Favorites: 1
10/08/2009 03:35:09 PM · #158
I've joined most of you in the 4's now. The third comment fills a square on my DPC bingo card.
10/08/2009 03:44:48 PM · #159
OH NO!! Back down to 5.0000 And I thought the worst had passed after hovering under the 5.0000 mark for so long and then suddenly shooting up to 5.3 something ( See how my agony turned to ecstasy below) And now this :(
Low Key IV
Votes: 87
Views: 145
Avg Vote: 5.0000
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/08/09 03:36 pm

And here is how things started looking up for me..............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote=ThingFish] I am STOKED!!!!!!!

Frustrating. Just keeps hovering under the 5.000 mark all the time.

Low Key IV
Votes: 25
Views: 43
Avg Vote: 4.9600
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/07/09 05:40 am

Yay!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!! It's happened!
Low Key IV
Votes: 28
Views: 52
Avg Vote: 5.0000
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/07/09 07:25 am

WOWEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I can't believe it.... I am going UP!!!!!!!!!
Low Key IV
Votes: 35
Views: 70
Avg Vote: 5.1429
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/07/09 09:06 am

Low Key IV
Votes: 54
Views: 104
Avg Vote: 5.3265
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/08/09 06:27 am

Message edited by author 2009-10-08 15:46:14.
10/08/2009 03:54:19 PM · #160
4.2 for a picture that's one of my all time favourites - quite amazing.....
10/08/2009 03:57:05 PM · #161
At risk of a personal worst! That would suck.
The only problem seems to be that it's too dark.
This is low key right?

Votes: 87
Views: 137
Avg Vote: 4.7816
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
10/08/2009 04:16:03 PM · #162
AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!
WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO ME!!!!!
Back to GO and back down there where I started and where my despair was deep.
Low Key IV
Votes: 88
Views: 146
Avg Vote: 4.9886
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/08/09 04:13 pm

Originally posted by ThingFish:

OH NO!! Back down to 5.0000 And I thought the worst had passed after hovering under the 5.0000 mark for so long and then suddenly shooting up to 5.3 something ( See how my agony turned to ecstasy below) And now this :(
Low Key IV
Votes: 87
Views: 145
Avg Vote: 5.0000
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/08/09 03:36 pm

And here is how things started looking up for me..............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote=ThingFish] I am STOKED!!!!!!!

Frustrating. Just keeps hovering under the 5.000 mark all the time.

Low Key IV
Votes: 25
Views: 43
Avg Vote: 4.9600
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/07/09 05:40 am

Yay!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!! It's happened!
Low Key IV
Votes: 28
Views: 52
Avg Vote: 5.0000
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/07/09 07:25 am

WOWEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I can't believe it.... I am going UP!!!!!!!!!
Low Key IV
Votes: 35
Views: 70
Avg Vote: 5.1429
Comments: 1
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/07/09 09:06 am

Low Key IV
Votes: 54
Views: 104
Avg Vote: 5.3265
Comments: 2
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/08/09 06:27 am
10/08/2009 04:26:20 PM · #163
Is 5 the new 6?
10/08/2009 04:30:07 PM · #164
Originally posted by dustingooding:

I'm not happy with my score, and I'd have preferred folks leave comments... but I can't change that.

What I can change is doing my part to help others better understand their scores. I'm leaving a quasi-detailed comment for every picture I vote on, and I'm working my way through all of them. I'm a novice, so I'll just be as honest as I can.


Originally posted by ASTONishing:

I have been trying to do the same.....I'm about 40% of the way


When you do finish your commenting, provided you get through them all, be sure to post in the 100% Comments thread and collect your side challenge ribbons :)

[url=I have been trying to do the same.....I'm about 40% of the way]100% Comments Club[/url]
10/08/2009 04:55:13 PM · #165
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

I've joined most of you in the 4's now. The third comment fills a square on my DPC bingo card.


Come on, you gotta share........... :)

A DPC bingo card....lurv the idea!
10/08/2009 05:00:39 PM · #166
Originally posted by dougi555:


Come on, you gotta share........... :)

A DPC bingo card....lurv the idea!

Not a real one. Just check most of my recent challenge entries. You will see I always do a list of anticipated critiques. Anytime someone leaves me one of those predicted critiques, I fill a square on my nonexistent bingo card. I may make a real card someday. Probably when we do a games challenge again.
10/08/2009 05:15:42 PM · #167
Newb photographer, newb score.
3.8 :)
10/08/2009 05:24:27 PM · #168
Deam, I keep plunging down, from 30 votes to now 98 votes I have gone down by 1,2 in score, and only 1 comment :-(
10/08/2009 05:28:10 PM · #169
Still going down, and no recent comments!
Votes: 92
Views: 158
Avg Vote: 5.4891
Comments: 2
10/08/2009 06:06:25 PM · #170
The bleeding has slowed down some, seems to have leveled for awhile anyway.

Votes: 93
Views: 153
Avg Vote: 5.8495
Comments: 3
Favorites: 0
Wish Lists: 0
Updated: 10/08/09 06:03 pm
10/08/2009 06:10:53 PM · #171
Votes: 88
Views: 169
Avg Vote: 5.8409
Comments: 3
Favorites: 1

At least 1 favourite......as others have said, I'm a bit dissappointed as I really like it.

I must say though, having now voted on about 50%, there are a lot of very good images, but also an awful lot that IMHO are simply "dull" images as opposed to "low key".

Anyway, with recent successes I can't complain.... :)
10/08/2009 06:42:36 PM · #172
Well, the afternoon voters were certainly more generous...my score has perked up a bit...;-)
10/08/2009 06:57:39 PM · #173
Originally posted by dougi555:



I must say though, having now voted on about 50%, there are a lot of very good images, but also an awful lot that IMHO are simply "dull" images as opposed to "low key".


I am disappointed...in my score it will probably fall to a 4 by rollover....but I got a comment from you Alan that said "First real low-key i've seen....... Nice work"...so I thank you for it..as comments go...it was the one that has made me continue to look in and see if this photo can recover...lol...but so far...it is in a nosedive.
10/08/2009 07:15:55 PM · #174
Other than the two 8's I received right before bed, all my recent scores keep bringing me down.....

Votes: 89
Views: 151
Avg Vote: 5.5843
Comments: 3
Favorites: 1
10/08/2009 07:26:59 PM · #175
Back up to a dead 5. I'm hard pressed to believe so many of us have bad entries.
Pages:   ... ...
Current Server Time: 11/25/2020 08:26:05 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 11/25/2020 08:26:05 PM EST.