DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Hardware and Software >> Lightroom question...
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 10 of 10, (reverse)
AuthorThread
02/02/2010 02:18:55 AM · #1
Can lightroom do simple barrel/pincusion distortion? I have the Canon 10-22mm lens, and being a super-wide lens, the stretching distortion around the edge of the frame is pretty severe, especially when there's people in the photo. I'd love it if my shots looked like panoramas, instead of superdramatic ultra-wide shots. It would be nice to fix this without having to photoshop every image.

I've been thinking about getting lightroom, and maybe this will be the trigger for me. :)

Also, does lightroom support full-frame vignetting seperate from crop-vignetting? Adding a vignette after cropping is pretty important for me.
02/02/2010 04:33:34 AM · #2
I am not the person to answer your question, but will provide input to keep your stream alive until you get a real answer. Lightroom does have a function for vignetting, but I can't address how effective it is. It also have a vignette that you can apply after the crop.
02/02/2010 05:22:51 AM · #3
Lightroom has a 30 day free trial period...
so you can try that before actually buying it
02/02/2010 05:51:16 AM · #4
It has fixes for vignetting, but not for image distortion. As far as I am aware it has been much requested for the forthcoming Lightroom 3
02/02/2010 07:32:15 AM · #5
Originally posted by Simms:

It has fixes for vignetting, but not for image distortion. As far as I am aware it has been much requested for the forthcoming Lightroom 3


If they keep adding to Lightroom what everyone wants, won't Lightroom become Photoshop sooner or later?

No, Lightroom can't fix distortion.
02/02/2010 09:13:26 AM · #6
Check out the beta for Lightroom 3 - it's a free download and works until Aprilish:
//labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/
02/02/2010 10:13:23 PM · #7
Originally posted by Jac:

If they keep adding to Lightroom what everyone wants, won't Lightroom become Photoshop sooner or later?


Aha, now that would be nice. Imagine being able to work on editing in a totally non-destructive manner, masked adjustment layers, dodge/burn/multiply/screen raster layers, cloning and spot removal, blurred overlays, photoshop filters, all saved in a non-destructive way where any stage of the process can be adjusted at any time in the future. That would be sweet. :)
02/02/2010 10:22:32 PM · #8
Originally posted by alfresco:

Check out the beta for Lightroom 3 - it's a free download and works until Aprilish:
//labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/


Very nice! Downloading now...
05/09/2010 01:51:15 AM · #9
Originally posted by surfdabbler:

Can lightroom do simple barrel/pincusion distortion? I have the Canon 10-22mm lens, and being a super-wide lens, the stretching distortion around the edge of the frame is pretty severe, especially when there's people in the photo. I'd love it if my shots looked like panoramas, instead of superdramatic ultra-wide shots. It would be nice to fix this without having to photoshop every image.

I've been thinking about getting lightroom, and maybe this will be the trigger for me. :)

Also, does lightroom support full-frame vignetting seperate from crop-vignetting? Adding a vignette after cropping is pretty important for me.


Apparently Lightroom 3 will support this (it isn't in the beta though).
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43ddr_9pRY&feature=player_embedded#
05/09/2010 05:33:43 PM · #10
Coming in Lightroom 3 and Camera Raw 6.1
Video here.
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 10/28/2020 01:32:14 AM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 10/28/2020 01:32:14 AM EDT.