DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> General Discussion >> i miss them....
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 65, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/14/2010 05:16:42 PM · #1
i know many have pages elsewhere, but i miss their presence here
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Shannonlee
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' chele
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' silverfoxx

is there anyone you miss?
03/14/2010 05:22:00 PM · #2
Too many to remember/mention, but ones that spring to mind immediately are:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' grigrigirl
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' jblaylockrayner

Edited for typo

Message edited by author 2010-03-14 17:22:31.
03/14/2010 05:35:36 PM · #3
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Strikeslip
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Blackbox
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' BHuseman
03/14/2010 05:39:56 PM · #4
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Strikeslip

yeah i had wondered about him but i guess his bio and profile pic says it all
03/14/2010 05:40:25 PM · #5
There are many that had come and gone who I miss. I think I miss ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' graphicfunk the most. He always commented on the top 20 images along with commenting & bumping scores during a challenge. He has a great imagination and could execute it well in a photograph. I hope all is well with him.
03/14/2010 05:48:30 PM · #6
Mackenzie Freeman ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Shermy

What a talent, and her work was so FUN!!!!
03/14/2010 06:03:06 PM · #7
- Chit Rabbinton
- SheWho

...and the most infamous DPCer of all.
03/14/2010 06:51:56 PM · #8
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' connie
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Gordon
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' ConcreteDonkey
03/14/2010 06:55:07 PM · #9
Originally posted by Yo_Spiff:

' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Strikeslip
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Blackbox
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' BHuseman


someone actually misses slippy? boy history has been made :P
03/14/2010 06:55:11 PM · #10
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

- Chit Rabbinton
- SheWho

...and the most infamous DPCer of all.


Ahh yes, star of the site indeed!
03/14/2010 07:09:27 PM · #11
Awwww no one misses me??? Oh...that's right...I'm still here...DOH!
03/14/2010 07:16:16 PM · #12
I'd be worried if people missed me. I'd have to start to think those 2012 predictions might come true after all. :P
03/14/2010 07:29:06 PM · #13
Originally posted by Judi:

Awwww no one misses me??? Oh...that's right...I'm still here...DOH!

Psssshhh... You are EVERYWHERE.
03/14/2010 07:33:40 PM · #14
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

- Chit Rabbinton
- SheWho

...and the most infamous DPCer of all.

I did *NOT* click this....

What're the odds that this is a version of the same ol' "Go to my profile."?

I'm too smart for you, Art! Fool me 163 times shame on you, fool me once more, shame on me! LOL!!!
03/14/2010 08:40:09 PM · #15
Originally posted by JaimeVinas:

someone actually misses slippy? boy history has been made :P

I figured I was probably one of a small crowd that appreciated his unique brand of humor. He did a lot of pot-stirring, but it was all in fun. I looked forward to his regular antics. I PM'd him when I noticed he'd been gone for a while and he messaged me back with a vague explanation that suggested he'd felt run off. His profile page suggests the same, but I have to have some respect for him for not blasting anyone in return. He took the moral high road.
03/14/2010 08:46:31 PM · #16
Originally posted by smardaz:

i know many have pages elsewhere, but i miss their presence here
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Shannonlee
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' chele
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' silverfoxx

is there anyone you miss?


i think svetlana ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' silverfoxx do check her pm because whenever i sent her pm she did reply.

I also miss Leroy.
03/14/2010 09:31:36 PM · #17
I do miss Slippy and Svetlana quite a bit. Both had their own unique styles. Most of my faves are still here, though ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' IreneM, Queen of the Macros, has been AWOL lately.

Message edited by author 2010-03-14 21:31:54.
03/14/2010 09:38:37 PM · #18
Originally posted by snaffles:

I do miss Slippy and Svetlana quite a bit. Both had their own unique styles. Most of my faves are still here, though ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' IreneM, Queen of the Macros, has been AWOL lately.


Irene is renovating and moving, she'll be more active in a little while (I was concerned about her so I emailed her to make sure she was ok).
03/14/2010 10:17:32 PM · #19
Due to her illness, ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Sherpet has been missing for a while. She checks in with us now and then, but is no longer posting fresh images.
03/14/2010 10:19:19 PM · #20
Originally posted by KarenNfld:

Originally posted by snaffles:

I do miss Slippy and Svetlana quite a bit. Both had their own unique styles. Most of my faves are still here, though ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' IreneM, Queen of the Macros, has been AWOL lately.


Irene is renovating and moving, she'll be more active in a little while (I was concerned about her so I emailed her to make sure she was ok).


I wonder if she will be taking the famous "kitchen sink" studio to the new place along with her furniture?
03/15/2010 12:01:18 AM · #21
boysetsfire
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31.gif', '/') + 1) . ' arsenal
' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/31_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' Arti-Elvi
03/15/2010 12:03:12 AM · #22
I miss you, but don't worry, eventually I will hit the target. :)

Originally posted by Judi:

Awwww no one misses me??? Oh...that's right...I'm still here...DOH!
03/15/2010 12:29:26 AM · #23
I hope ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' timfythetoo and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' aimeethetoo come back for a visit.
03/15/2010 12:36:51 AM · #24
Originally posted by MelonMusketeer:



I wonder if she will be taking the famous "kitchen sink" studio to the new place along with her furniture?

Most likely. In Germany when you move you do indeed take the kitchen sink with you. And the counters, and the cupboards, and the light fixtures....
03/15/2010 01:03:52 AM · #25
Originally posted by citymars:

I hope ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21.gif', '/') + 1) . ' timfythetoo and ' . substr('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', strrpos('//www.dpchallenge.com/images/user_icon/21_F.gif', '/') + 1) . ' aimeethetoo come back for a visit.


why did they go?
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 08/03/2021 12:22:24 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 08/03/2021 12:22:24 PM EDT.