DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 

DPChallenge Forums >> Photography Discussion >> Been absent... but I have an excuse.. A good one!
Pages:  
Showing posts 1 - 25 of 64, (reverse)
AuthorThread
03/27/2010 08:19:38 PM · #1
Hey guys. I know I get my chops busted for not being around here much lately. I deserve it. Please know I do check in often to read along and see what's up. I just haven't had a ton of time to participate because I have been working...growing my business... networking. You know, the kinda crap that never pays off or helps anyone get anywhere in this industry, right?

Well, now for the latest news (bragging? maybe just a tiny bit, but I'm so excited I could die): Some people I met recently have strong connections on 5th Ave in the fashion circles. Through them, I was invited to shoot a fashion show in Mid May for a family that I'm not supposed to name... but rhymes with Hady BaBa hehehee. Then... today I find out that Vogue, yeah, THAT Vogue wants to contract with me to cover the event on their behalf along with the work I'd already be doing for the event organizers. Holy ^*^*%$%*&^*&!!!!! Is that insane or what?

I'm sending huuuuuuuge hugs to all of my DPC family and hope you guys don't give me too much crap for being busy. :)


03/27/2010 08:25:17 PM · #2
Wow! Huge congrats! That's awesome news and an excellent excuse to be MIA. Vogue? Never heard of 'em. LOL! You're on your way to being a star now...
03/27/2010 08:26:25 PM · #3
Congrats on your good news. You certainly deserve it! All the best.
03/27/2010 08:26:59 PM · #4
Congrats! (And I have no idea what family rhymes with whatever it is you said. If someone does, could they clue me in? I'm never up with the who's who of anywhere, actually.)
03/27/2010 08:29:41 PM · #5
Awesome !! Congrats and the very best wishes.
03/27/2010 08:31:06 PM · #6
Ooooh, Hady BaBa is like my second favorite third world dictator! Congrats, Cindi! I guess one has to stop wasting so much time here to be successful. ...I guess success will continue to allude me. ;-) Good to *see* you stop in anyway.
03/27/2010 08:39:32 PM · #7
Originally posted by Art Roflmao:

Ooooh, Hady BaBa is like my second favorite third world dictator!


Curious... who made #1? Fadonna? hehehee
03/27/2010 08:43:58 PM · #8
LOL. I knew there were several reasons I missed you around here.
03/27/2010 08:47:16 PM · #9
Always awesome to see DPC people "make it". :) Thanks for the update and have a blast!
03/27/2010 10:41:48 PM · #10
That is way awesome Cindi! Congrats!
03/27/2010 10:45:42 PM · #11
Fantastic news young lady... you go get em.

Ray
03/27/2010 10:47:57 PM · #12
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! And if I got the name right, then TRIPLE WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! You deserve it!
03/27/2010 11:02:37 PM · #13
Thanks, friends. I really appreciate the well-wishes. I'm still so excited I could vomit every time I think about it. Luckily I have a clients to keep me occupied between now & then so my brain doesn't explode. :)
03/27/2010 11:03:54 PM · #14
Wow!!! That's fantastic! Like a dream come true! I bet you're floating!!
Oh...and if you need a back-up shooter, I happen to be available!

Message edited by author 2010-03-27 23:04:45.
03/27/2010 11:07:02 PM · #15
Hey, DPL teammate from back in the day, let's see your poker face! :-)
03/27/2010 11:18:42 PM · #16
Originally posted by idnic:

Hey guys. I know I get my chops busted for not being around here much lately. I deserve it. Please know I do check in often to read along and see what's up. I just haven't had a ton of time to participate because I have been working...growing my business... networking. You know, the kinda crap that never pays off or helps anyone get anywhere in this industry, right?

Well, now for the latest news (bragging? maybe just a tiny bit, but I'm so excited I could die): Some people I met recently have strong connections on 5th Ave in the fashion circles. Through them, I was invited to shoot a fashion show in Mid May for a family that I'm not supposed to name... but rhymes with Hady BaBa hehehee. Then... today I find out that Vogue, yeah, THAT Vogue wants to contract with me to cover the event on their behalf along with the work I'd already be doing for the event organizers. Holy ^*^*%$%*&^*&!!!!! Is that insane or what?

I'm sending huuuuuuuge hugs to all of my DPC family and hope you guys don't give me too much crap for being busy. :)


I know that band ... didn't they do the song Rad Bomance?
03/27/2010 11:29:35 PM · #17
Originally posted by Dr.Confuser:

I know that band ... didn't they do the song Rad Bomance?


If I guessed right then they sure did!
03/27/2010 11:31:27 PM · #18
Originally posted by JokersSoul:

Originally posted by Dr.Confuser:

I know that band ... didn't they do the song Rad Bomance?


If I guessed right then they sure did!


Yuh huh to you both! :D I'm gonna be a Papa.. papa.. paparazzi! lol
03/27/2010 11:36:37 PM · #19
I can't wait to see the photos... en Vogue!
03/27/2010 11:41:37 PM · #20
Originally posted by JokersSoul:

I can't wait to see the photos... en Vogue!


OMG me too! BTW, the fashion show will be held on a 5th Ave rooftop... at sunset! Schweeeeet! :)
03/27/2010 11:45:16 PM · #21
Originally posted by idnic:

Originally posted by JokersSoul:

I can't wait to see the photos... en Vogue!


OMG me too! BTW, the fashion show will be held on a 5th Ave rooftop... at sunset! Schweeeeet! :)


Holy crap... I am so excited for you!
03/28/2010 12:12:45 AM · #22
Killer news! Wow!
03/28/2010 12:25:15 AM · #23
Congrats! If you find out when you shoot it, what it is, let us know. :)
03/28/2010 01:07:40 AM · #24
Tremendous congratulations. Only two or three days ago I was wondering what you were getting up to.

But I have no idea who you're shooting, though...
03/28/2010 01:34:57 AM · #25
Wow! Cindi of the shoe fetish fame? In Vogue? Damn she's a fighter.
' . substr('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15000-19999/15266/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_392065.jpg', strrpos('//images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/15000-19999/15266/120/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_392065.jpg', '/') + 1) . '

Congratulations!
Pages:  
Current Server Time: 03/28/2020 06:06:02 PM

Please log in or register to post to the forums.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 03/28/2020 06:06:02 PM EDT.