Challenge: Recipe (Food or Beverage) III (Standard Editing)
Camera: Canon RP
Lens: Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro
Date: Jul 21, 2019
Date Uploaded: Jul 25, 2019
|Indian flatbread, Extremely easy to make
-In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour ,the instant yeast, salt and sugar.
-In a smaller bowl, mix the warm water, yogurt and olive oil.
-Combine. Mix the dough with a fork until it comes together.
- With a floured hand, knead the dough just a few times, form a ball, and place it back in the bowl.
- Drizzle it with olive oil, rubbing the oil around the naan dough, coating it. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the naan dough in a warm spot in the kitchen until it doubles in size. About 1-1.5 hours.
- Once the naan has doubled in size, place it on a floured surface and roll into a 10- 12 inch log.
- Divide the naan dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Naan should be rolled into rounds or ovals, roughly ⅛ – ¼ inch thick.
If going for oval naan, they should measure, roughly 4 x 8 inches.
Naan really doesn’t have to be perfect and honestly can be any shape, as long as they are uniform in thickness ( or with the edges slightly thicker than the middle) and no more than ¼ inch thick.
- You can keep the naan plain and simple, season it with seeds – nigella, fennel, anise, poppy, or sesame seeds ( adding to the flour bowl) or add finely minced onion or garlic – my favorite!
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2021 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks
. Current Server Time: 09/22/2021 02:38:16 AM EDT.